Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk has a Sleeping Bag at end of Model X production line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a story about Elon sleeping at the end of Model X production line. We are on the edge of a revolution in SUV's with the X and the leader of the revolution knows how important it is to make it successful. Its one complicated vehicle because it is the most advanced vehicle ever manufactured. Greatness comes in different flavors. More often than not we don't recognize it until after the fact. The X/S is by far the a greatest achievement in human transportation since the combustion engine. Discontinuous innovations (tech revolutions) are all in the details. I applaud Elon for doing whatever it takes to make it perfect:

"I have a sleeping bag and desk at the end of the production line which which I use quite frequently”, says Musk. “The whole team is focused on achieving a high [production] rate and quality.”

Elon Musk Sleeps in a Sleeping Bag at the End of the Model X Production Line

Colin.club

I heard Tesla is coming out with a new car too. I read it would be called Model 3 other some such thing. IIRC it's coming out in 2018 or 2019 (can't remember which but it was in Road & Track which is a respectable magazine who's integrity I wouldn't question, so it's likely correct). Did anyone else hear these news yet?

Gentlemen, TMC's eternal September has officially begun.

Eternal September - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
Probably a couple of city slickers who weren't into roughing it out on the production floor with the boss. ;)

Not really, the VP of Manufacturing is an US Army veteran.

No. They were not replaced.
No replacements named and one will stay till a replacement is found
Unless of course Elon and his sleeping bag are replacing them. Lol!

They were replaced and a announcement will be forthcoming ...