TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon Musk Interview at MIT - Mostly SpaceX but Tesla is in there too

Discussion in 'Video' started by Grendal, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

AeroAstro Centennial Webcast

I am cross posting this from the SpaceX thread (thanks Ivog) because there is a few great Tesla bits in here as well.

2. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

Thanks for posting this Grendal.

I really enjoyed the talk, and despite being an hour plus conversation at MIT, the talk was no less accessible than Elon's talks elsewhere.

Pretty clear that Elon thinks in detail about a vertical takeoff and landing electric jet, and I got the feeling he'd love to be able to do it.... but then he said his brain would probably explode if he added it to Tesla and SpaceX workload, so I doubt he'll be taking this on any time soon.

3. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

He is indirectly by doing battery work since its limiting the development now

4. TD1

TD1 Member

I guess it will be a seamingless transition from Tesla Motors to Tesla Aviations.
    so in 2025 Elon will become chairman of Tesla Motors and focus on Tesla Aviations.
    I hope Tesla Aviations will be part of Tesla Motors, I want my TSLA to grow.

Because being CEO of one company is to boring.