Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on NPR's Marketplace (12 Oct 2015)

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Nov 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Just listened to this on my local station.

That part that caught me off guard since it's a departure form previous statements was this:

Musk: I expect to be with SpaceX and Tesla for as long into the future as I can imagine.

MsElectric

Oct 11, 2014
New York

That part that caught me off guard since it's a departure form previous statements was this:
Musk: I expect to be with SpaceX and Tesla for as long into the future as I can imagine.

This is good news. I was afraid Elon may devote most of his time to SpaceX once the Model 3 came out...

Crowded Mind

Oct 26, 2014
United States
IIRC, he said he would remain the CEO through Model 3 launch and that he would continue to be involved in some capacity after that. So this isn't necessarily a departure. But still good to hear.

Krugerrand

Is Cat
Jul 13, 2012
Tesla friendly place

Yes, I caught that too, BUT that doesn't mean CEO (of Tesla) into the future as far as he can imagine. He's said before he'd always like to be involved in Tesla, but not as CEO.

Oh, I see Crowded Mind said that too.

ohmman

Plaid-ish Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay, CA
Listen to the extended interview (Tesla CEO Elon Musk: The future runs on batteries | Marketplace.org), there's a segment starting at 16:10 discussing Falcon Wing Door design using hydraulic vs. Electric actuators. There were some rumors about switching to electric actuators very late in the game here on TMC. First time I've heard Tesla (Musk) mention hydraulic.

Yeah, I posted the interview link in that thread before I saw this one, just to add evidence to confirm the rumor.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC