Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on Stephen Colbert's Late Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People who knew nothing of Musk before last night who watched that interview would not necessarily come away from it with a great impression of him. He came off as a bit combative and a little ornery......

:confused: Did I watch the correct video?

Watching it now on DVR. Elon is lovably awkward, and I do wish he had more opportunity to speak. Small glimpse of his sense of humor with the comment about "not dropping anything on the floor" when in the presence of the snake charger prototype. Made me laugh. Superhuman brains, but completely human in every way.

Yea, that's the video I watched as well

I agree with Stephen constantly interrupting- talk less, listen more. Hope he grows into it.

Stephen's witty and funny interrupting got him where he is now and won him a loyal audience. It might take some time and courage to grow out of it and to dare to let someone else share (win) the stage and the audience

Not as bad as comments here would lead me to believe.

Interview was for the general public not Elon groupies or Tesla fanatics.

Yup

The highlight for me was the timeline for manned (and womanned ??) space travel though Stephen might not be aware of Elon's :cool: time distortion disorder

I just got grabbed in the hallway and asked if I saw The Late Show last night (with Uber's CEO) as it sounds like they talked more about Tesla and Stephen's Model S than they did on Elon's night.
Is this the thread for that? (I looked in Video subforum but not elsewhere yet)

I wonder if Colbert's "one of the CEO's" was just truly misspoken or did he not know any better? :D After all, nobody misspeaks with something like "the Sun is one of the stars in our solar system" unless they're ignorant. Anyway horrible, wasted interview on a horrible horrible show (so far). The thing is, Colbert was playing a character on his last show and if this is now the real Colbert, it'll probably be a short run - but who cares, of course.