Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on The Joe Rogan Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't V9 on ramp to exit AP new information?

Many assumed that might happen but Elon confirmed.

That has been already confirmed in the last earnings call. Overall, the podcast was a non-event. Haters will still be haters and supporters will still support him. I found the first half an hour a bit painful to listen to as Elon was very tired and tense and giving a lot of short answers. But then he loosened up and the next two hours were great. He seemed very composed.

Elon Musk just smoked the 420$ weed live on Joe Rogan and also made the following statement:

Joe: "What keeps you always allive at night?"
Musk :" Well you know, it is really hard staying alive as a car company".

The interview is just over now and I've fully watched it. What came to my attention is a from the start very stressed out and tired Elon Musk that does not like to laugh a lot like he used to do in the past. Furthermore, it seemed to me like Joe was speaking a lot of the time as Elon is just giving short answers as he is probably thinking about other stuff on his mind that is stressing him. I do think the whole interview is a positive for Elon as a person (his characteristics) to remain on the ground and remain "human" and an average person. However, from an investors standpoint, I do not see any positives in this interview rather than even more potential attack points that will come up today (smoking weed, hard to stay alive as a car company, stressed out Elon etc.).

Just my honest opinion.

Got home from work just after it started and sat and watched the whole frickin thing. That was my night and it was great lol

Ya most of the stuff has already been talked about but it's a different vibe with Joe

Elon looks like he needs some serious sleep and quite possibly a hug

- He got one puff of weed and didn't even inhale, so what? It's as legal as drinking the whiskey and less bad for you. People will love him for it.
- Hard to stay alive as a car company. OF COURSE it is! Would telling the opposite make sense? He clearly mentioned only Ford and Tesla are the only car companies who survived on their own. That's way more important to spread.
- Stressed out Elon? He's the CEO of a a car company which is ramping up exponentially AND CEO of a space company which is revolutionising space technology. Did you expect him to come on totally relaxed at the end of a working day? Some people are stressed because they're almost running out of milk!

We all knew there would be some stuff which the shorts can spin negatively, that's what they do. Unless he hides under a rock and communicates nothing, this is what you get. I'm very happy with this interview, as a lot more people will get to know him as a genuinely caring person who works very hard and is a genius.

Pretty bold to smoke weed live. A lot of other high level people would probably worry about coughing, getting a heavy tongue, losing control etc.

Imo the biggest problem with Joe Rogan is that he talks a lot instead of letting Elon talk and mostly rambles around things he himself finds interesting instead of realizing that he has a gold mine of information in front of him and ask questions like "what do you think we should talk about" or asking the listeners what question they want to hear.

And the problem with Elon is that he is too nice, he answers the questions he gets instead of trying to control the narrative or answer other questions that could benefit him or the listeners.

Last edited:
Listened to it, was expecting more. Too much "what if" future talk. I've done my share of "deep conversation" but it gets repetitive fast.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't NEED philosophy talk to be interesting.

Personally I'd have found talking about all the things Elon is working on right now much more interesting.

To each his own.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Was listening to it again and all that comes to my mind:

a) Elon has changed significantly since the last interviews (publicly held) to the negative -> more stressed and depressed / doesnt have any more answers, laughs seldom

b) Elon is deeply concerned about something in his life and distracted - whatever it is (I am guessing SEC investigations, lawsuits, TESLA etc.)

For me, the interview was an absolute negative and Elon should have not made this interview. It just showed a "broken Elon Musk" and this is not what shareholders want to see. He is still alive - yes - but he truly seems to be depressed and concernced about something deeply. This is an alarm signal.

Listened to it, was expecting more. Too much "what if" future talk. I've done my share of "deep conversation" but it gets repetitive fast.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't NEED philosophy talk to be interesting.

Personally I'd have found talking about all the things Elon is working on right now much more interesting.

To each his own.

Agreed.

At least the friction' cave-diver didn't come up!