Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on The Joe Rogan Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this deserves its own thread:
Elon Musk on Twitter

09:30pm PT on Thursday

What do you expect? 2+ hours, unscripted, broad, lots of time for Elon to talk about what he would like...
What about the timing? Does this simply mean that 5000+ weekly production is a done thing? Or is this a reaction to the recently leaked emails from Buzzfeed?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Joe Rogan Experience podcast is a long form conversation hosted by comedian Joe Rogan with friends and guests that have included comedians, actors, musicians, MMA fighters, authors, artists, and beyond.

But it doesn't really matter. What will Elon talk about in a two or three hour unscripted conversation? Will it have an effect on TSLA stock price?

His most recent episode is #2 on the iTunes podcast chart. The podcast overall is currently #5. He’s long-form, free-ranging, and the opposite of a gotcha journalist. Basically, the perfect platform for Elon Musk. I hope he makes the most of it.

04D07B78-275F-4E9A-8B6F-16E1C2525EDC.png 26A41E74-4E31-4206-8D62-E70E7F218F3E.png

Joe Rogan is a thoughtful interviewer. Not brilliant, but respectful and allows the conversation to go into many different areas. He researches his subjects and talks intelligently about whatever they do and are. I'm really looking forward to this interview. It will be unique and not something you have ever heard before. Elon talking about random stuff for 2+ hours will be fascinating. Will they talk about controversial things? I'd be surprised if they didn't.

[My comment moved to proper thread -- Cheers! Lodger]

There is a certain subject that Joe Rogan MUST talk about with Elon Musk: Mars colonization.

Joe's most popular video ever is with Astrophysicist Niel DeGrass Tyson, who has said as a guest on Joe's podcast that people who want to terraform Mars are misguided if the goal is to preserve the human species. Here's the clip (starts at 2:10:10)

Joe Rogan is pretty popular here in Europe too. He has a friendly demeanour and asks some good questions, lets his guests talk.

My wife introduced me to his show - she's listening to a lot of health podcasts and Dr Sean Baker was on the show.

As other have said, this is a free-format 2-3 hour chat, really informal and Joe lets his guests talk.

For sure the FUDsters, Kolodny, Lopez and their ilk, will find something they can distort into click-bait, but at least we'll have the unedited source material to refer back to, unlike to pathetic NYC hit-piece.

It's going to be good, whatever is said :)

I just hope Joe's driven a Tesla at some point.

PS. Joe drops a LOT of f-bombs, so I fully expect Elon to get caught-up in that too. This is cool for me because that's how I talk too, but for those of a sensitive disposition. (note that Joe often opens the show with "how are all you m***** f******s", or similar)

Never heard of this Joe Rogan before Elon mentioned him some time ago. Now that Elon confirmed he'd be on the show and TMC referred to it, I checked out the clip @Artful Dodger posted above. Wanted to listen at the 2h10m mark to hear about terraforming Mars, ended up listening to the entire thing.

It looks to me this platform is great for a talk with Elon. Come to think of it, 2,5 hours is not very long to cover all the main topics most Elon connaisseurs can talk about:

- Tesla
- SpaceX
- OpenAI
- Neuralink
- Thailand guy issues
- Elon's (negative) media attention and his concerns about journalism
- Elon's personal life (kids, relationships, hobbies, past)

I just hope it's not a rehash of the main highlights of what Elon is doing with his time and for what reason. We can read about those online (for example the articles on Waitbutwhy.com).

I hope Joe gets to hear some info from Elon that hasn't been public knowledge before, mainly regarding BFS progress (they're building it as we speak) and Tesla's progress and future outlook.

/end of rant

PS. Joe drops a LOT of f-bombs, so I fully expect Elon to get caught-up in that too.

Yeah, like "holy flying f*ck, that thing took off!!"? Lip reading might be required. :D

Just to give some context: the Falcon Heavy has a liftoff thrust-to-weight ratio higher than that of the Falcon 9, so it literally 'jumps off the pad' on launch - and Elon, having seen many Falcon 9 launches, was probably surprised by that instinctively. It's one thing to know the numbers and another to experience them.

I just hope it's not a rehash of the main highlights of what Elon is doing with his time and for what reason. We can read about those online (for example the articles on Waitbutwhy.com).

One of the nice things about such a long-format interview is that we can get *both* a rehash of the basics for the hundreds of thousands to millions of people who will be hearing Musk talk for the first time *and* an hour plus of new stuff.

One of the nice things about such a long-format interview is that we can get *both* a rehash of the basics for the hundreds of thousands to millions of people who will be hearing Musk talk for the first time *and* an hour plus of new stuff.
I sure hope you're right. But knowing Elon something interesting must slip out one way or the other during that timespan :p

• Funny
Reactions: Fact Checking
Joe Rogan is pretty popular here in Europe too. He has a friendly demeanour and asks some good questions, lets his guests talk.

My wife introduced me to his show - she's listening to a lot of health podcasts and Dr Sean Baker was on the show.

As other have said, this is a free-format 2-3 hour chat, really informal and Joe lets his guests talk.

For sure the FUDsters, Kolodny, Lopez and their ilk, will find something they can distort into click-bait, but at least we'll have the unedited source material to refer back to, unlike to pathetic NYC hit-piece.

It's going to be good, whatever is said :)

I just hope Joe's driven a Tesla at some point.

PS. Joe drops a LOT of f-bombs, so I fully expect Elon to get caught-up in that too. This is cool for me because that's how I talk too, but for those of a sensitive disposition. (note that Joe often opens the show with "how are all you m***** f******s", or similar)

does anyone know if JRE is broadcast live on youtube? or is it live on podcast only and then released on youtube on a later day?

I also had never head of Joe Rogan before seeing this thread. I started watching one of his podcasts and just ran out of time to watch the whole thing. The topic wasn't one I'd have ever searched out on my own, but the format and the guest proved fascinating.

I think this format is ideal for Elon. The next best thing, and maybe even better than the otherwise best thing, which is to hear Elon speak in person. For almost everybody, all of the time, that will mean hearing Elon present at a conference or something similar.

Here we'll get 2-3 hours of a 1:1 conversation with Elon. To my way of thinking, this gives Elon a chance to expand on his ideas. Also to my way of thinking, I think Elon doesn't do sound bites very well. I can relate - it seems like I never met a small idea / post, that I couldn't expand into a longer idea / post :D. It's the rest of Elon's thinking, and the nuances of what he's thinking, that I want to hear.

And has been pointed out upthread, people will find negative sound bites that really want to. Everybody will also have the original source available, so anybody that wants to find the context for themselves (as well as report on it) can do that too. I'm not worried about this sort of selective quoting.

I hope this goes well enough from Elon's point of view that we see him return regularly (even assuming that Joe has repeat guests - my guess is that if the clicks are high enough, then he'll have Elon back just as often as Elon wants to come :))

Reactions: Paracelsus