Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk promoting "super safe, Earthquake-proof tunnels under cities to solve traffic" on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk posted this poll, got this response, and replied in this way:
POLL: "Build super safe, Earthquake-proof tunnels under cities to solve traffic"
Definitely 66.7%
Maybe 17.5%
No, I like traffic 15.9%
1,414,176 votes, 1 hour left; link to tweet to see final results: Elon Musk on Twitter

An anti-individual propagandist replied with a reference to some of their Marxist disinfo posted on their propaganda encyclopedia at Induced demand - Wikipedia, pretending that "Induced Demand" "is the phenomenon that after supply increases, more of a good is consumed." I think there might be some small effects in the insufficient supply regimes Marxists promote that a large demand with insufficient supply will show more supply used when the supply is increased, but with sufficient supply, demand doesn't fill that supply, but has a market-based response to it which is moderated by the market forces, and the supply will be sufficient. Only if the market forces are stepped on by onerous controls (over-regulation, too much government-mandated large businesses or monopoly-like behavior, excess taxation, non-merit-based favoritism, corruption, kickbacks, our tax money funneled through Ukraine gas businesses to go back to local Marxist-leaning politicians, etc.) does that cease to function, such as in a centrally planned management structure with few engineers in power.

Anyway, Elon replied "Induced demand is one of the most irrational theories I’ve ever heard. Correlation is not causation. If the transport system exceeds public travel needs, there will be very little traffic. I support anything that improves traffic, as this negatively affects almost everyone."

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 18.32.12.png

In addition, Elon Musk posted some more information on his ideas:

"These would be road tunnels for zero emissions vehicles only — no toxic fumes is the key. Really, just an underground road, but limited to EVs (from all auto companies). This is not in place of other solutions, eg light rail, but supplemental to them." and "Obv, you don’t *have* to use the tunnels! Just an option.".

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 18.54.32.png

induced demand is real. It’s the american dream.

cell phones
the internet
computers
fast food
antibiotics

Would you take a 30 mile trip that took three hours
would you take a 30 mile trip that took thirty minutes.

induced demand.