Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk to address Tesla shutting down its service loaner program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loaners still here in West Palm Beach, but they are using the rangers more as well as creating more rangers and using older Model S to achieve that, getting rid of the little vans as they are leases and those leases are up. Direct from Ranger yesterday servicing my car.

They have also stopped washing and vacuuming the cars after service here though. That was a killer service.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Loaners still here in West Palm Beach, but they are using the rangers more as well as creating more rangers and using older Model S to achieve that, getting rid of the little vans as they are leases and those leases are up. Direct from Ranger yesterday servicing my car.

They have also stopped washing and vacuuming the cars after service here though. That was a killer service.

My last loaner was a beater. Gen 1 S 85 with 2 out of 4 door handles not extending - over 50,000 miles. Wasn’t even clean or vacuumed inside (Bellevue, WA SC). Kind of gross, actually. Couldn’t wait to get back into my own Tesla.

Wasn’t even clean or vacuumed inside
Well they stopped cleaning anything, so that answers that. Yes some cars are questionable, but they still drive well. I'd rather that then uh here is the number to UBER have a nice day.

I assume you've owned more then a Model 3, so the good old days, which were not long ago, were pretty good times loaded with free gifts, etc.

My prediction is that the resolution will be simply ending all gratis service transportation. Get back on your own.
The last service I had, they had an Uber drive me home, no further credits, etc. and when the car was done, they wanted me to get my own ride back. When I refused they sent another Uber.

With all this, we feel very lucky. Big Shout out to the Portland Oregon Service Center on Mcadam Avenue: The SC folks there have done an incredible job over the last 2+ years in obtaining Tesla overnight loaners for me and my family. Tesla will be seeing a new order in Q4 or soon thereafter because of their consistent Tesla overnight loaner program. Simply my wife and I felt taken care of, and driving a Tesla sells itself. Wonderful team running the SC front desk in Oregon. We hope the great efforts for my family are either resumed or made available at the most SC locations.
-TechVP

• Love
Reactions: Brando
Once FSD is ready, Tesla will just have their FSD vehicle fleet drop you off and pick you up ;)

Simply extrapolating out-

Once FSD is fully implemented, you'll send your car to service and it will return to you when done. If its not done in that given day, driverless car service will pick you up and take you home and next day, take you back to work on and on till your car is done. Now more then likely with other people in the car doing the same thing(now you'll be a more social person), unless perhaps you order a personal car and pay more.

Really your need to own a car will not be an issue, so this whole idea of service and insurance will be a thing of the past.

How does that feel?

Simply extrapolating out-

Once FSD is fully implemented, you'll send your car to service and it will return to you when done. If its not done in that given day, driverless car service will pick you up and take you home and next day, take you back to work on and on till your car is done. Now more then likely with other people in the car doing the same thing(now you'll be a more social person), unless perhaps you order a personal car and pay more.

Really your need to own a car will not be an issue, so this whole idea of service and insurance will be a thing of the past.

How does that feel?
I feels like a dream, moreso than a near-term likelihood.

I feels like a dream

Are you telling me you paid for FSD and you think this whole thing is a dream? Is that because you think it won't be working in the near term?

Less than 10 years ago we weren't driving dependable long range electric only vehicles(this is the real dream at least for me), looking back at a story of "Who killed the electric car". Then asking when and how will this ever change?

To a charging infrastructure unrivaled, Yet, across the US, Europe, parts of Asia, Greenland and Australia to name the majors. Many with free charging assigned.

To now almost every known manufacturer of cars will have a hard time catching up, they want it so bad, in volume its gonna be uphill battle for sure.

Are you telling me you paid for FSD and you think this whole thing is a dream? Is that because you think it won't be working in the near term?

Less than 10 years ago we weren't driving dependable long range electric only vehicles(this is the real dream at least for me), looking back at a story of "Who killed the electric car". Then asking when and how will this ever change?

To a charging infrastructure unrivaled, Yet, across the US, Europe, parts of Asia, Greenland and Australia to name the majors. Many with free charging assigned.

To now almost every known manufacturer of cars will have a hard time catching up, they want it so bad, in volume its gonna be uphill battle for sure.

I bought FSD based on the Tesla advertising (false advertising in the case of Enhanced Summon - see below) and hyperbole. My fault, I should have done more research before giving Tesla an extra $6000 when I ordered my Model 3. "Really"
Tesla BS.JPG

My last loaner was a beater. Gen 1 S 85 with 2 out of 4 door handles not extending - over 50,000 miles. Wasn’t even clean or vacuumed inside (Bellevue, WA SC). Kind of gross, actually. Couldn’t wait to get back into my own Tesla.

My last loaner was an S60 that had paint like sandpaper. Dolphin Grey beauty. Was like the poor thing sat in the desert with all the mothballed planes in Arizona. I do hand wash and wax my loaners. Even do the leather clean and conditioner. Charge them up. I feel obligated. Such a car deserves love. Maybe that is why I get a loaner.:confused:

The issue does need to addressed. Some dealerships have excellent loaner programs that give peace of mind to a consumer. Now if quality of the car is an issue. The fact that a loaner will be available might take that concern and move it down the list of potential objections by the customer.

Uber credits really don't work for me. I can't get an Uber to pick me up where I live.

Some spots across country seem just fine in regards to service, others seem like they are slammed....

Reactions: jebinc
...Uber credits really don't work for me. I can't get an Uber to pick me up where I live.

Some spots across country seem just fine in regards to service, others seem like they are slammed....
Tesla service actually did try to arrange ride sharing (Lyft I think) for me to pick up my car after I had it towed 300 miles from my house to the service center for repair. Turns out they don't go that far, no surprise.

Instead, service picked up the cost of the Enterprise rental I had already reserved to get there. I was quite happy with the arrangement. This was the Littleton CO Service Center the first week of April this year. Out of warranty repair of "car won't unplug or turn on" failure that mobile service said they couldn't handle.

I do hand wash and wax my loaners. Even do the leather clean and conditioner

You what?

Earlier times I may have had a loaner no longer then two days. These days its hours.
Your washing them?
Your waxing them?
Your cleaning and conditioning the leather?

You can borrow my car anytime. NO problem. Your a little far from me though, wherever you are.

You what?

Earlier times I may have had a loaner no longer then two days. These days its hours.
Your washing them?
Your waxing them?
Your cleaning and conditioning the leather?

You can borrow my car anytime. NO problem. Your a little far from me though, wherever you are.

More than often my car has to go by flatbed to Ohio. Which makes same day, or same week turnaround unlikely. Mobile techs are making more of a presence.

I like detailing cars. Even do my neighbors wife's car every now and then. Then let the husband take the credit.:D Interiors are more of a pain to me just because the many steps required. Clean leather. Condition. The look on the techs faces when the cars come back is priceless. I just hope it doesn't rain or I have to do it all over again. One thing on loaners that annoys me is not having clean glass. I need to be able to see.

If anyone is ever looking for a great leather cleaning line. The Leather Institute Another forum member recommended them to me. Name escapes me.

Maybe I should run Tesla's loaner program. Well maybe not. Cars would be hard to come by, but they will be spectacularly better than your car was on its delivery day.

Figure it out soon Tesla. My dog doesn't seem to like riding in Ubers. Nor do the drivers.:confused:

Reactions: r0xx0r and jebinc
My LEXUS dealer welcomes me with graciousness.
I have a new clean loaner car at my want.

The hostess at the cafe bar offers me mochas and espressos...along with a wide assortment of nibbles.
The two story waterfall is soothing as I relax in the expansive second story customer lounge...

Want home service? No Problem.
A flatbed tow truck comes to my place with a clean loaner car....takes my car to the dealer...
returns my car....ahhhhh

Concierge service? awesome...
I enjoy special deals and events...lunch at Post Ranch - one of the 100 FINEST Hotels in World -
On the house...

I feel appreciated and valued.

I wouldn't put up with the crap I read about here at a Denny's...
But at a Michelin star establishment?
You must be kidding.
Spending over $100k for a car and being treated like dog dirt...
This religious fervor needs an intervention