Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk to host SNL - Saturday Night Live on May 8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can't laugh at yourself your missing the funniest joke of all time. I really like comedy and enjoy watching reruns of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee. Laurel and Hardy, Charley Chaplin, Larry David, Smothers Brothers, Steve Martin, Don Rickles, and so many others make life fun. Barack Obama is also very funny. I look forward to this SNL.

The SNL production cycle typically starts on Monday each week - with the host becoming heavily engaged with walk-throughs and rehearsals by Thursday.

How does Musk -- Mr. "I sleep on the factory floor and work 100+ hour weeks," have the time or inclination to do stuff like this?

I'm sure all of those folks waiting on their way overdue Model S and X orders would love to see their CEO doing something other than massage his ego on a faltering comedy program.

Poignant article?

TL;DR he thinks musk shouldn't host because he spouted misinformation about Covid 19 (90% of the complaint) and something he barely mentions about Elon not being LGBTQ friendly or something.

No mention of

* Tesla energy helping with disasters in various countries, and stabilizing the grid in Australia
* Nueralink possibly helping the paralyzed and such
* Starlink bringing the internet to the rural and in some cases poor that have never had broadband.
* SpaceX giving hope, possibly saving us from mass extinction

Yes I'll agree that Musk has said somethings he shouldn't, but I'd also say he's done more good than harm in the grand scale.

Imagine Elon takes a question during the opening monologue about Fe vs Ni cathodes and he starts a 90 minute rant answer. They cut to commercial, come back and he's still answering, go to a skit, the news, musical guest, come back and he's still answering. They do the whole show without him and in the final few seconds he says "So it's really quite simple. Does that answer your question? Live from NY, it's Saturday Night!".

Imagine Elon takes a question during the opening monologue about Fe vs Ni cathodes and he starts a 90 minute rant answer. They cut to commercial, come back and he's still answering, go to a skit, the news, musical guest, come back and he's still answering. They do the whole show without him and in the final few seconds he says "So it's really quite simple. Does that answer your question? Live from NY, it's Saturday Night!".

It'd be perfect if they do that and have him in the skits also. They often have some prerecorded skits and tossing him in on a live skit or two in the middle would fit in because most people would forget/forgive that continuity flaw.

Just be sure to cut to him on the stage doing that answer as many times as possible all through the episode would be a good running gag and offset any appearances in a skit.

TL;DR he thinks musk shouldn't host because he spouted misinformation about Covid 19 (90% of the complaint) and something he barely mentions about Elon not being LGBTQ friendly or something.

No mention of

* Tesla energy helping with disasters in various countries, and stabilizing the grid in Australia
* Nueralink possibly helping the paralyzed and such
* Starlink bringing the internet to the rural and in some cases poor that have never had broadband.
* SpaceX giving hope, possibly saving us from mass extinction

Yes I'll agree that Musk has said somethings he shouldn't, but I'd also say he's done more good than harm in the grand scale.
Would you consider yourself a fanboy? :)

Reactions: tshields
I personally felt like SNL has been going down hill since the departure of Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Tina Faye, Will Forte, Fred Armison, Amy Poehler, and Maya Roudolf. Their skits have become too political and their jokes have become too stupid for me to waste brain cells watching. This will be the first SNL I've watched in years! Hopefully this would be worth watching. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Ostrichsak
We still watch SNL every week mostly out of habit. There's usually one skit per show that's really good (and that's usually the pre-recorded musical spoofs they do, or the fake commercials, or when Pete Davidson loves to emulate Eminem). And Weekend Update is usually good (except when they do extended 'guest' spots that go on for 10 minutes too long). Our favorite WU part is once a season when Collin Jost and Michael Che write jokes for each other and they read them for the first time on live TV.

But for the live skits, they never, ever, EVER know how to end a good skit, which ends up ruining the entire skit. And we usually skip right over the musical guest unless it's a vintage artist for us olds. So we watch the monologue, WU, and suffer through the skits hoping for that one gem.