Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh look, some more FUD. Looks like it's having the desired effect. People linking to it here, discussing 'dumping Tesla'. Wow, do some wider research instead of jumping to conclusions guys. Be better than this. He quite clearly doesn't agree with Trump and all of his policies, you can see that when he dropped out of his special panel. He just gives money equally to both the major parties it seems, I don't see the big deal here.

Oh look, some more FUD. Looks like it's having the desired effect. People linking to it here, discussing 'dumping Tesla'. Wow, do some wider research instead of jumping to conclusions guys. Be better than this.

Okay... If it's FUD then care to provide evidence it's false? I'm being honest, I'm not going to react until more is known but...

Jeff

As "None of the Above," I won't make up my mind about how much I care about this until I see how much he has donated to "other" parties. Donations by businesses and wealthy people are often strategic in nature.
Agreed. I’d be surprised if he hadn’t donated to *every* party. Just figure it’s part of our current reality to actually navigate through the govt these days. Sad as that is.

Here's a hint. Comments in these articles are usually more insightful than the article itself. It isn't difficult to find information about Musk's donations to the Democrats as well. If you still can't find said information, I'll let somebody else point it out. But if you don't see how this is clearly FUD seeing as it fails to mention this balanced donation spread then I don't know what to tell you. This stuff goes back several years, it's not new. It is just FUD being brought to light to try to damage the company, rise above this sh**.

Whoa--let's not get too excited here. One of the terrible things about our political system is that if you want a politician's attention to your cause, you need to donate. Musk needs their attention desperately for both Tesla and SpaceX, so it does not surprise me that he is a large donor to Republicans and Democrats alike.

A better news article would have been one that showed the full picture and tried to read the tea leaves. For example, in 2016 e donated to both Clinton and Rubio, so....Here's the raw data for those interested:

Elon Musk - $112,100 in Political Contributions for 2014

I just would like to point that you can go to Donor Lookup to see all donations.

Clearly he has donated more to Republicans than Democrats this election cycle. He has donated $50K to Republicans so far while only $13K to Democrats.

Also he donated $22K to Republicans in 2014, which is confounding as a Democrat was a President then.

FEC Itemizer

ProPublica is another good source. In 2018, Musk donated $33,900 & $5,000 to "Protect the House" which is a GOP group.

Ryan to team up with McCarthy on fundraising tour: report

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler