Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk warns Tesla may stop taking orders on some vehicles due to “ridiculous” demand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, I would think it to be a combination of demand and more likely supply issues. Seems to be affecting lots of manufacturers as we all know. The wife wants a new EV from another manufacturer, and they are quoting ridiculous lead times.
Yep, wait times from a lot of other manufacturers is crazy, Tesla have a very good supply chain in comparison. Had a Skoda Enyaq ordered since 4Oct 21, after 7 months cancelled the order as they still couldn't give me a potential delivery. At least with Tesla you get a rough idea without dealing with shitty dealers.

In contrast Model Y order has been a delight

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
My Wife wanted a Skoda Enyaq iv Sportline 80

Phoned to order one... no stock, no demo, wanted £500 deposit to secure build slot and no ETA...

... Best they could guess was 12 months likely
Wouldn't bother, I was messed around and no Comms from Skoda UK, just th dealership who wasn't being given info from them.

I had the fully specced 80x sportline with every option ticked. Dire customer service

Talking of which. change to the UK delivery dates today. They have changed from a month to a range of months. I think this was either October or November yesterday now it is October to December. I wonder how much it will have to move out before they stop taking orders or more likely raise the price. Makes no sense have a MY the same price as an M3

1652222594720.png