Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured there probably needs to be a thread just on Elon.

This interview is newly published, but seems fairly dated already:

SUCCESS — What Achievers Read. On Newsstands Now!

In recent years, Musk has invested most of his time and money in high-tech transportation ventures. Since 2003, he has bankrolled and managed the developmentof electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors, which this year began production of a battery-powered model that accelerates from zero to 60 mph in less than fourseconds. He founded Space Exploration Technologies in 2002, and since then SpaceX has become a serious contender to provide replacement spacecraft for the U.S. government'sfleet of space shuttles, which are scheduled for retirement in about two years. In addition, Musk guides the growth of a solar-panel installation service he started called SolarCity.

While the sales of PayPal and Zip2 may have left him with the image of a serial entrepreneur, Musk says his commitments to his spacecraft, electric car and solar panelbusinesses are long term and deeply felt. "I never expect to sort of sell them off and do something else.

I expect to be with those companies as far into the future as I can imagine."

Elon-Musk.jpg

A long article mostly detailing the genesis of Tesla and the rift between Eberhard and Musk. It is a pretty good history. New information I hadn't heard before, apparently Elon is now engaged again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1084504/The-supercar-thats-electrifying-world.html

In addition to all his business ventures, he has five children from his first wife Justine, and is now engaged to 23-year-old British actress Talulah Riley, star of St Trinian’s and Pride And Prejudice.

Elon's guide to dating:
‘If you want to get the girl, this is the car to do it in. If you go to a party and you’re competing with guys with Ferraris, in Los Angeles the one with the Tesla will get her. When we met, Talulah asked me what I did and I said, “Rockets and cars.”

'She liked both, and when she arrived in LA I picked her up in the Tesla, which she liked a lot. It was critical in the romance. In fact, it probably wouldn’t have happened without the Tesla.’

Last edited:
More information on Elon's engagement: (this time with URL!)

Andrew's girl won't cash in | Mail Online

'I fell in love with Elon because of our mutual love of physics,' says Talulah who met Musk in July. 'I'm interested in philosophy, and talking to Elon I realised my questions could be answered with physics. It fascinates me.'

Musk is well qualified to help. His rocket system is in the running to replace Nasa's Shuttle and he already has a ticket for Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic flight. But his marriage proposal was more grounded.

'He proposed on one knee, with a ring on a balcony,' says Talulah. 'And we want to have a traditional wedding when we get married next year.'

article-1081905-024E8561000005DC-831_239x471.jpg

Geek Love: 'Lily' Wants $3 Million for Tales of Dating Tesla CEO

It seems someone has found a method of trying to extort money from Elon Musk. Give me $3 million dollars or I will publish a supernatural horror book about our relationship?

Actress, model, writer, and film producer Lily wrote two books about her true horrifying experiences while she was dating Elon Musk -founder of Paypal, and John Tu - President of Kingston technology, at her old, gloomy, dark, cold and eerily quiet apartment. She believes it was haunted. In her books, she wrote how inexplicable forces of nature arose in their glamorous and loving relationships. Read how supernatural powers can and do affect our daily lives and love. If you want to discover and experience what happened in her relationships and the frightening events in her apartment, please read these scary books… if you dare!
Currently, she is producing a horror movie entitled "Rooms Of Horror".

And here's her brief summary of her relationship with Musk:
Lily dated with Elon Musk in 2003. Lily experienced much more horrifying events while she was dating Elon at her old, gloomy, dark and eerily quiet apartment. She has just finished this book, entitled "ASIAN BEAUTY-HOUSE OF HORROR". It is another scary book. It is available to buy at auction. Minimum bid is $ 3 Million US dollars, of course, the highest bidder will acquire all the rights to this book.

Very odd.

[youtube]WStzxs5PHIU[/youtube]

Yes, as much as the article wants me to be all inflamed about Elon, I really can't blame him with this one. It is reasonable to want your employees to respect their non-disclosure agreements. Every Silicon Valley company pretty much works on this principle.

It is amusing that his scheme backfired on him, but I am not angry that he tried.

I've just spent the last hour reading various articles about elon, and the majority of the negative ones seem to stem from valleywag/gawker. Do they have it out for the guy or is he really that horrible?

It seems they all say "wow, great car, great idea, but I hate Elon"...

• Informative
Reactions: Dubes
I've just spent the last hour reading various articles about elon, and the majority of the negative ones seem to stem from valleywag/gawker. Do they have it out for the guy or is he really that horrible?

I think it is a silicon valley competition thing. Nobody makes $100 million without pissing off a few competitors, former co-workers, etc.

The people behind valleywag/gawker seem to have a personal axe to grind with Elon. I wouldn't take it seriously.

Yes, they seem to have some kind of grudge with Elon, a few of the other sites who pick up their articles sometimes point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.