Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more interesting tweets from Elon ... Musk Hints At Something Big From Tesla In A Few Weeks

One rather peculiar exchange started when the CEO responded to a Tweet from 2016. Most of us know how quickly Twitter updates with a whole slew of new Tweets. Heck, just to find something from yesterday or even a few hours ago takes quite a bit of scrolling and searching, especially if it was a reply within a thread. Nonetheless, for some strange reason, Musk replied to a random quote from November 2016:
upload_2018-6-18_19-45-0.png

The more interesting part was where the Tweet reply headed, even though the subsequent exchange seemed to have nothing to do with the original context:

upload_2018-6-18_19-45-47.png

As you can read, there’s more talk about short sellers. Not long ago, the CEO referred to the “short burn of the century,” which was set to happen soon, and he wasn’t just talking about flamethrowers. There’s been a ton of speculation as to just what this might mean. Now, the timing lines up well with an announcement that should arrive after the quarter comes to a close.

Could Musk’s Tweet have anything to do with Tesla finally reaching market cap and organizational milestones that factor into his compensation package? We know Model 3 production is up and rising. The Performance trim is coming off the assembly line early. The new line has arrived and is underway. Stock is up and has been rising. Not to mention the automaker just laid off 9 percent of its workforce in order to become profitable.

A few more interesting tweets from Elon ... Musk Hints At Something Big From Tesla In A Few Weeks

One rather peculiar exchange started when the CEO responded to a Tweet from 2016. Most of us know how quickly Twitter updates with a whole slew of new Tweets. Heck, just to find something from yesterday or even a few hours ago takes quite a bit of scrolling and searching, especially if it was a reply within a thread. Nonetheless, for some strange reason, Musk replied to a random quote from November 2016:
View attachment 310969

The more interesting part was where the Tweet reply headed, even though the subsequent exchange seemed to have nothing to do with the original context:

View attachment 310970

As you can read, there’s more talk about short sellers. Not long ago, the CEO referred to the “short burn of the century,” which was set to happen soon, and he wasn’t just talking about flamethrowers. There’s been a ton of speculation as to just what this might mean. Now, the timing lines up well with an announcement that should arrive after the quarter comes to a close.

Could Musk’s Tweet have anything to do with Tesla finally reaching market cap and organizational milestones that factor into his compensation package? We know Model 3 production is up and rising. The Performance trim is coming off the assembly line early. The new line has arrived and is underway. Stock is up and has been rising. Not to mention the automaker just laid off 9 percent of its workforce in order to become profitable.

As shown in the screen shot, he replied to a tweet from June 17, 2018 which was the author's continuation of the author's thread. As stated a few tweets later.
SmartSelect_20180618-225652_Firefox.jpg

Leadership, Elon Musk: “The reason I sleep on the [factory] floor was not because I couldn't go across the road and be at the hotel. It was because I wanted my circumstance to be worse than anyone else at the company on purpose. Like whatever pain they felt, I wanted mine to be worse. That's why I did it. And it makes a huge difference to people.”

‘The Last Bet-the-Company Situation’: Q&A With Elon Musk

Reactions: dhrivnak
Leadership, Elon Musk: “The reason I sleep on the [factory] floor was not because I couldn't go across the road and be at the hotel. It was because I wanted my circumstance to be worse than anyone else at the company on purpose. Like whatever pain they felt, I wanted mine to be worse. That's why I did it. And it makes a huge difference to people.”

‘The Last Bet-the-Company Situation’: Q&A With Elon Musk
Mahatma Gandhi apparently walked either with bare feet or just sandals, and mostly with minimal clothing for the same reason. As he wanted to really associate with the poor who could not afford any better.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I looked up his contributions. He has given to both parties, but his largest contributions have been to the Republican Congressional Committee.

As far as individual contributions go, he tends to contribute to people of influence in Congress in both parties:
Donor Lookup

Elon Musk’s politics are as enigmatic as his businesses
https://qz.com/493152/elon-musks-politics-are-as-enigmatic-as-his-businesses/
He has given money to some Republicans who are somewhat reasonable (by modern standards), like Lindsey Graham, but he also gave money to Kevin McCarthy and Dana Rhorbacher.

I don't know if he's hedging his bets or what, but I find this sort of disturbing:
Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

One thing we know is the bill to extend the $7500 EV tax rebate needs support. They'd also be wise to lay the groundwork for FSD legislation, and that requires communication and lobbying. Buying influence in DC is a process. Plus its Not like hes lobbying for reduced fuel efficiency standards or "clean" coal.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Status
Not open for further replies.