Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He presented no evidence. Case dismissed. But the fact the people continue with the "no smoke without fire" nonsense is why there are laws that allow compensation for defamation.

A little early to declare case dismissed. But I don’t think he should have inferred without presenting evidence right away. And even if there was evidence, even bringing this up was not a good idea on Elon’s part. Takes away from the original discussion.

Elon asked the person running the show in Thailand if Elon should stop with the mini sub as seen here.

Twitter

I don’t see why he still has people bashing him for continuing after reading this.

Look at what Musk actually produced as shown in the pool video.
Look at the cross section of the Thai tunnel.
Stanton could not use what Musk had thrown together. He may have been positive in email but he clearly had not seen the final product. Not only because of the bulk and mass, but because the boys were under twilight sedation and monitored at waypoints.

I think part of Musk's problem is just how bad his solution was compared to the elegant solutions the rescuers actually implemented.

A little early to declare case dismissed. But I don’t think he should have inferred without presenting evidence right away. And even if there was evidence, even bringing this up was not a good idea on Elon’s part. Takes away from the original discussion.

He did not in any way substantiate his accusation, but still you're giving it credence.
Rumor and innuendo is always a terrible basis on which to judge people.

Look at what Musk actually produced as shown in the pool video.
Look at the cross section of the Thai tunnel.
Stanton could not use what Musk had thrown together. He may have been positive in email but he clearly had not seen the final product. Not only because of the bulk and mass, but because the boys were under twilight sedation and monitored at waypoints.

I think part of Musk's problem is just how bad his solution was compared to the elegant solutions the rescuers actually implemented.

Well, now you are just assuming he didn’t see the final product videos.

The solution the rescuers did is elegant but probably would not have worked just a few hours later because the pumps failed and the caves refilled.

LOL, guilty as charged, but you get what I mean right?
I think I do, but I felt the need to respond because I think it gives a little more context when you consider that maybe he knows he has some influence but not as much, or that he thinks certain circles are listening but not others, or whatever. There are a million reasons why he might be saying what he's saying, it's hard to attribute anything specifically. But I agree with your conclusion that what he's doing isn't great.

It's interesting to watch this thread today, including who rates each post with "Like" and "Disagree" -- there's an interesting twist on the usual tribalism here. And I think that some of us who have defended Elon in the past can sometimes feel like his actions reflect upon us. And by some of us, I definitely mean me. I'm happy to back down, though, and admit that he's not showing himself well. Twitter is toxic, and while he's clearly my intellectual superior, he's also showing that he's vulnerable to descending into pettiness there to defend his ego.

Even if he's right, and he knew something about this guy being a creep, why tweet it as a comeback? Why not privately present evidence to the Thai officials and move on? Is he hungry for Twitter hearts and confirmation? Did I mention that Twitter is toxic?

I started a new thread but moved my post here

It seems that it's because he was told his sub would not have been helpful and was a "PR Stunt", so rather than just get on with running his company, he announced he was going to make a video proving the sub would have worked (not that it matters now given the rescue is over and was successful) and in the process call the diver a "pedo".

After the outburst, he tweeted "Bet ya a signed dollar it's true".

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in baseless attack

Elon Musk Goes On Twitter Rant, Calls British Diver That Helped In Thai Cave Rescue ‘Pedo Guy’

BuzzFeed News on Twitter

I'm not entirely sure what he thinks can be gained from this, but it smacks of the kind of fragile ego nonsense we get from our president, not what you really want from a man running several billion dollar companies. Pretty pathetic.

Elon's tweet has been deleted...
wtf is going on this year? I popped into this thread thinking 'Trump' again. Too many times this year he has gone off the handle against critics, media, shareholders, etc
often about things that don't matter. He responds to things that are even true with counterattacks. It's trump

Status
Not open for further replies.