Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious. What kind of insult is worse than being called a pedophile?

Any insult that is true.

There’s no way to rile someone worse than throw heat that can actually dig.

The more outlandish the claim the easier it is to laugh off.

How many people are “literally” Hitler other than Hitler?

Overly defensive reflexes tells me were closing in on something. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
Overly defensive reflexes tells me were closing in on something. ;)

So if someone showed up to your office during Take your daughter to work day and yelled "MXWing is a pedophile! I saw him eyeballing young girls at the local pool the other day!!" right in front of your kid and coworkers, you would just shrug and laugh it off? Because if you reacted in shock and anger, that's the reaction of someone guilty of the charge, right?

So if someone showed up to your office during Take your daughter to work day and yelled "MXWing is a pedophile! I saw him eyeballing young girls at the local pool the other day!!" right in front of your kid and coworkers, you would just shrug and laugh it off? Because if you reacted in shock and anger, that's the reaction of someone guilty of the charge, right?

My daughter is Asian so they all look alike and not easy to spot on cursory observation.

Fantastic and required reading for all "sensationalists". They won't however.

Haters prefer the story that is in their head.

Any person with common sense and willingness to show the slightest modicum of reasonable doubt should have arrived at the same conclusions even if they didn't know the entire story.

If I were to sum up the whole thing in 3 bullets.

* Musk could have chasing young Hollywood starlets, playing with his sons, racing around in a EV semi or whatever the hell a billionaire feels like doing. Musk could have done absolutely nothing like the other 6.99... billion people in the world.

* Musk and his *T E A M* put time, resources, effort, and goodwill into the effort. Whether they succeeded or not is not important. It wasn't just thoughts they put in. They put in effort. Not "anyone" flies a mini-sub whether it works or not to Thailand in a few days.

* Musk doesn't take crap from people insulting him and his team. He could have handled it 20 different ways better but he didn't.

Last edited:
Fantastic and required reading for all "sensationalists". They won't however.

Haters prefer the story that is in their head.

Any person with common sense and willingness to show the slightest modicum of reasonable doubt should have arrived at the same conclusions even if they didn't know the entire story.

And as always there are 2 sides to the coin: All the Ways Elon Musk Tried and Failed to Help with the Thai Cave Rescue

This highlighted tweet by Elon takes the cake:

Ironically, the “billionaire” label, when used by media, is almost always meant to devalue & denigrate the subject. I wasn’t called that until my companies got to a certain size, but reality is that I still do the same science & engineering as before. Just the scale has changed.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 10, 2018

The media only started calling him a billionaire after....his companies amassed $1 billion in net worth! What a smear campaign by the media!

My question is: did Elon ask the Thai government/head rescue coordinators permission to send engineers to the rescue effort prior to sending them? Or did he just send them because some rando on Twitter said he should?

Reactions: MauryDann
And as always there are 2 sides to the coin:
That doesn't mean both sides are right. I know it's hard to mentally recover for 4 decades of "we have both sides so we're fair and balanced" news reporting, but try.

Ironically, the “billionaire” label, when used by media, is almost always meant to devalue & denigrate the subject. I wasn’t called that until my companies got to a certain size, but reality is that I still do the same science & engineering as before. Just the scale has changed.

The media only started calling him a billionaire after....his companies amassed $1 billion in net worth! What a smear campaign by the media!

Are you purposefully missing the point? If you're following the plot, then you know exactly what they mean by it, using billionaire as a curse word. You know it's a curse word because it doesn't have any relevance to the story. "Billionare Elon Musk sells flamethrowers". How is that relevant? Let me put it through the universal translator for you: "Useless shithead pretending to be better than you but he's not Elon Musk sells flamethrowers". Because what Elon Musk needs is more PR. He didn't have enough. Only several major news segments per night.

And as always there are 2 sides to the coin: All the Ways Elon Musk Tried and Failed to Help with the Thai Cave Rescue

My question is: did Elon ask the Thai government/head rescue coordinators permission to send engineers to the rescue effort prior to sending them? Or did he just send them because some rando on Twitter said he should?

So what did the writer Aaron Mak do for the Thai children?

What did you or I do for the Thai children?

What did Musk do for the Thai children?

If there was a line chart that had outcomes between nothing and something - guess where the data plots lie?

You do actually realize the Bolt you drive wouldn't even EXIST if Musk/Tesla wasn't doing SOMETHING unlike the writer you linked.

Hear that whooshing sound?

That's the point Elon was making zooming over your head...

Hear that whooshing sound?

That's the point Elon was making zooming over your head...

What was the point he was making in this tweet, oh wise one?

No, it means I created jobs for 50,000 people directly and, through parts suppliers & supporting professions, ~250,000 people indirectly, thus supporting half a million families. What have you done?

You're a useless shithead unless you support half a million families?

No, it means I created jobs for 50,000 people directly and, through parts suppliers & supporting professions, ~250,000 people indirectly, thus supporting half a million families. What have you done?

If you read the tweet that was in response to, it would be OBVIOUS that this isn't the intended point.. But like I said above, maybe it is obvious and you're purposefully ignoring it. Or I could be wrong, maybe you miss the plot often in favor of what sounds the best in your head because you just can't help it.

Nothing so crude. In the most simple of terms and to paraphrase

My companies have created opportunities for people. You just complain about me on Twitter.

Reactions: scaesare

Yes. That's it exactly. Good job.

I was wrong, you are indeed insightful and grasp nuance and context. You couldn't possibly be missing the point in either text, either deliberately or as a result of not having a clue.

• Helpful
Reactions: skitown and MXWing
Yes. That's it exactly. Good job.

I was wrong, you are indeed insightful and grasp nuance and context. You couldn't possibly be missing the point in either text, either deliberately or as a result of not having a clue.

Unless someone is being particularly egregious, I never like to attack the person but rather attack ideas.

But man.. there is a level of obtuseness that I can't fathom. There is some mental block, condition, irrational contempt that I just can't explain for a public figure that has never harmed x subject personally.

Almost makes me want to go into psychology so I can explore these concepts.

It's like how does 99 people in a room see something obvious but, 1 person sees something else. And the 99 people are quite certain, the outlier is not being an out of the box genius.

• Helpful
Reactions: skitown
Status
Not open for further replies.