Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like an apology has been issued.

Attachments

• 7150FC77-199C-45A4-8F1A-51F0261106BB.jpeg
    7150FC77-199C-45A4-8F1A-51F0261106BB.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 97
Tesla boss Elon Musk has reached an agreement with a Colorado potter who accused the billionaire of using his farting unicorn without permission.

Tom Edwards did not specify what exactly had been agreed - saying only that the issue had been resolved "in a way that everyone feels good about".

Mr Musk tweeted Mr Edwards' original whimsical image on a mug last year.

Similar images of farting unicorns were later used in Tesla in-car interfaces and promotional material.

Mr Edwards said this was done without his permission.

<snip>
Full article at:
Elon Musk's farting unicorn fight settled

Nothing personal, they seem to be rating every single post in the threads they read... So many votes in the Thailand thread...

I don't have a weak ego nor need internet validation but crap like that and NON Tesla owners are where 80%+ of my 'disagrees' come from.

Only pointing it out because passive aggressive behavior annoys me in particular. A memo field for 'disagree' should be mandatory. :D

Reactions: mongo
@bro1999 : This question to you still stands.

I'm not banned anymore. w00t!
As for your question, I initially joined because I was considering purchasing a used Tesla (glad I dodged that, as a Tesla wouldn't even fit in my new house's garage).

As for why I continue to participate? As someone else responded above, "because I can" more or less sums it up. I've gleaned some good info about EVSE installations and other EV-related goodness, so seems to be worth my time to participate. Though it seems I will have to tone it down a bit when engaging the diehard loyalists on certain issues. I still have not been given any official notification of why I was temp banned, though I know it had to do with the "Elon pedo guy Thailand" thread. I guess enough people who got their underpants in a bunch reported me or something. *shrug*

I don't have a weak ego nor need internet validation but crap like that and NON Tesla owners are where 80%+ of my 'disagrees' come from.

Only pointing it out because passive aggressive behavior annoys me in particular. A memo field for 'disagree' should be mandatory. :D

I'm not sure it's passive aggressive as much as not understanding that one does not need to vote on every post. (I did get some likes too...)

Reminds me of the people that answer questions on Amazon products with " I don't know" or "I don't have the product" because Amazon sent an automated email asking if they can answer a question someone had...

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
I'm not sure it's passive aggressive as much as not understanding that one does not need to vote on every post. (I did get some likes too...)

Reminds me of the people that answer questions on Amazon products with " I don't know" or "I don't have the product" because Amazon sent an automated email asking if they can answer a question someone had...

That person liked at least a dozen of my posts. We at least know what side they're on. Lol

I'm not banned anymore. w00t!
As for your question, I initially joined because I was considering purchasing a used Tesla (glad I dodged that, as a Tesla wouldn't even fit in my new house's garage).

As for why I continue to participate? As someone else responded above, "because I can" more or less sums it up. I've gleaned some good info about EVSE installations and other EV-related goodness, so seems to be worth my time to participate. Though it seems I will have to tone it down a bit when engaging the diehard loyalists on certain issues. I still have not been given any official notification of why I was temp banned, though I know it had to do with the "Elon pedo guy Thailand" thread. I guess enough people who got their underpants in a bunch reported me or something. *shrug*
The "information gathering" reasons you give don't address the rather negative slant you inject in to threads.

I didn’t vote on every comment though I did come close. I think it’s surprising and revealing that many on TMC are choosing to defend EM in the midst of his current behavior. Today he’s yet again choosing to spend his time trolling Montana Skeptic online.

I think it’s hitting the fan at Tesla and Elon is acting out as a result. I would’ve hoped that more people would’ve drawn a line in the sand and expressed dismay at his behavior as of late, but I was proven wrong by many posters here.

I voted accordingly. It wasn’t passive aggressive or spam or mindless. I disagree with those who choose to defend EM’s behavior when it is unconscionable. I agree with those who’ll call bad behavior what it is.

I didn’t vote on every comment though I did come close. I think it’s surprising and revealing that many on TMC are choosing to defend EM in the midst of his current behavior. Today he’s yet again choosing to spend his time trolling Montana Skeptic online.

I think it’s hitting the fan at Tesla and Elon is acting out as a result. I would’ve hoped that more people would’ve drawn a line in the sand and expressed dismay at his behavior as of late, but I was proven wrong by many posters here.

I voted accordingly. It wasn’t passive aggressive or spam or mindless. I disagree with those who choose to defend EM’s behavior when it is unconscionable. I agree with those who’ll call bad behavior what it is.

And you think it’s acceptable for Vern to tell Musk and the entire team of SpaceX volunteers to take their efforts and shove it up their anus?

Musk took on offense for a whole team. Should he have said what he did? No? Was his response relatable? Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.