Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And good taste in women and car colors. Those wheels would look a lot better grey, though.

I have to disagree on his taste in women... wheels and car color, yes! Time to hit the gym Elon :cool:

5073246-6278619-image-a-49_1539636749851.jpg

I have to disagree on his taste in women... wheels and car color, yes! Time to hit the gym Elon :cool:

5073246-6278619-image-a-49_1539636749851.jpg
Yeah, hand tattoos and purple hair might be a deal breaker, but I do like her as an artist. I would be her friend if she was interested. Although if I was a famous multibillionaire I'm not sure what I would do as far as women go:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I know where Musky is coming from, being a 6'7", 230lb, 50 year old (see how I converted to imperial for you guys ;))

I probably drink and eat too much and do not do enough exercise, that's where the comparison to Musk ends, obviously.

As for his new squeeze, I don't know enough about her to pass judgement. What I think I do understand is the desire to have a tattoo now. What I don't understand is how they know a tattoo is forever and they're still happy to have it done. No one knows I had a couple of earrings when I was a "young adult" unless I tell them.

Reactions: Dr. J
Elon Musk on Twitter

"Nothing of Tesla" is a bit much.
That's just Elon being Elon. I think he's saying that all the hand-wringing over his having to relinquish the Chairman role is no big deal and that others (media, pundits, investors, etc.) shouldn't make such a big deal of it either. Indeed, none of the titles mean that much to him, so he's going to forgo all of them to show that nothing bad will happen to Tesla even if he's just the "nothing of Tesla". Although he did later concede that he may have to retain the title of President since it's legally required. Of course, some may view this action as his being petulant (i.e., if he can't be Chairman anymore, then he won't call himself CEO or anything else either).

I don't believe he's officially relinquishing his position as CEO; he's just removing references to that title in company publications and profiles. After he feels he's made his point, I wouldn't be surprised if references to his titles are quietly restored at some later date.

I never thought he was into titles. I saw an interview with one of the early engineers at Tesla and he said Elon hates hierarchies and any kind of structure or rules that might get in the way of getting the job done.

As far as giving up the chairman of the board position, that is easier on the company than giving up the CEO position. The CEO is the one who makes the day to day decisions and the board only oversees the big picture. The chairman of the board doesn't really have all that much direct power over the operations of the company. Elon will probably chafe when he disagrees with the board though.

By McClelland's Human Motivation Theory
McClelland's Human Motivation TheoryDiscovering What Drives Your Team

Elon is almost pure Achievement. The only reason he doesn't work alone is his goals are so big he couldn't possibly achieve them by himself. Many entrepreneurs and heads of young companies are Achievement oriented and the top ranks of many established companies are full of Power motivated people.

Reactions: AZ Desert Driver
Very unusual, nearly unheard of comments from a Japanese executive.

Reuters | October 31, 2018
Asked about any intention to invest in Tesla's planned plant in China, Panasonic Chief Executive Kazuhiro Tsuga at an earnings briefing on Wednesday said the firm "will put priority on building additional capacity at the Gigafactory over China".

Tsuga said Panasonic has been discussing details of the capacity hike plan with Tesla, but declined to comment further.

"Investment for capacity beyond 35 GWh means that Tesla would also need to make substantial investment in vehicle production, so we will closely align with each other," he said.

He also said he had been worried about reports on the recent erratic behavior of Tesla head Elon Musk.

"But I don't see the U.S. electric car maker's business operations have been put into chaos."

Musk's behavior, which included smoking marijuana during a video interview, has raised concerns about his leadership, with some analysts and investors urging Tesla to appoint a strong second-in-command.

"Though Elon's comments are unpredictable, we will continue to monitor Tesla's operations to ensure no chaos there and will work in step with the company," Tsuga said.
Panasonic profit weighed by Tesla costs, but in talks for further investment

To state the obvious, the relationship with Panasonic is key to Tesla's continuing success.

Very unusual, nearly unheard of comments from a Japanese executive.

Reuters | October 31, 2018
Asked about any intention to invest in Tesla's planned plant in China, Panasonic Chief Executive Kazuhiro Tsuga at an earnings briefing on Wednesday said the firm "will put priority on building additional capacity at the Gigafactory over China".

Tsuga said Panasonic has been discussing details of the capacity hike plan with Tesla, but declined to comment further.

"Investment for capacity beyond 35 GWh means that Tesla would also need to make substantial investment in vehicle production, so we will closely align with each other," he said.

He also said he had been worried about reports on the recent erratic behavior of Tesla head Elon Musk.

"But I don't see the U.S. electric car maker's business operations have been put into chaos."

Musk's behavior, which included smoking marijuana during a video interview, has raised concerns about his leadership, with some analysts and investors urging Tesla to appoint a strong second-in-command.

"Though Elon's comments are unpredictable, we will continue to monitor Tesla's operations to ensure no chaos there and will work in step with the company," Tsuga said.
Panasonic profit weighed by Tesla costs, but in talks for further investment

To state the obvious, the relationship with Panasonic is key to Tesla's continuing success.

In Japanese culture only 'bad people' do drugs, and marijuana counts. There's a big taboo on all drugs in Korea/China/Japan, I think that podcase prob made them all a bit antsy over there.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sean Wagner
I'm not sure what you mean by 'took a hit' - do you mean took drugs or do you mean fell from grace? Either way, it's not about that. It's about his unprofessional Twitter feed and the broken promises and disorganization of the company. I wasn't really ever physically attracted to him but I wasn't semi-disgusted. Now I am a big grossed out. It's about ethics. I just don't feel like he has any.

Don't get me wrong. He's not the same ethical league as Trump. I am utterly repulsed by Trump, he's as disgusting as they come. I don't think of Elon as like that, not even close. But I used to think of him as admirable. Now I don't.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I have a battery supply question.....The GF makes a ton of 2170 cells, but not enough to satisfy the Model 3 pack demands. How can the Energy company make micro grids, supply Puerto Rico and Emergency Center, and Australia (etc) when there is not (yet) enough cells for the Car company? I understand that the Model S and X were fitted with the 18650 cells, and I presume they still are - so this battery demand does not deplete the GF output. But what about all the rest of the battery demands? How can Panasonic keep up with these projects - and now the GF3 in china?

Status
Not open for further replies.