Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know you didn't. Given that 8 jurors agreed on lack of meeting the 5 part standard of defamation in 20 minutes of deliberation, try at least considering that it was the correct legal determination, and not the result of nefarious influence.

"I don’t want to have anything to do with this," said a juror. Great trial there, when the jury doesn't even want to be involved in dispensing justice.

Still, Musk won. As long as he doesn't upset the FCC any more he should be okay. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson on how to use Twitter responsibly.

"I don’t want to have anything to do with this," said a juror. Great trial there, when the jury doesn't even want to be involved in dispensing justice.
The jurors did their required civic duty. They have no requirement to want to be a juror, nor do they have any onus to engage with the media regarding the trial. A week long trial can really screw up a person's normal life. Jury pay is only $50 a day. Parents need to arrange child care. Full time workers get behind or work evenings or get underpaid. Does that even cover commuting expense to the courthouse?

All to hear some lawyer go on for hours about his client (they've never heard of) getting insulted on Twitter (which they don't use) by a paper billionaire (which they aren't). What part of that would people want to be involved with? If anything, people who want to be part of this trial should have been eliminated during jury selection due to bias.

Even those happy about being a jury in general (civic pride) I doubt enjoy having their time wasted. The jury does not have the ability to end a trial early. Was the extra day for closing arguments in any way helpful to their decision process?

Still, Musk won. As long as he doesn't upset the FCC any more he should be okay. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson on how to use Twitter responsibly.

It is the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) that tanked TSLA and sued Musk regarding Tesla, the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is more the concern of SpaceX.

The Adventures of Starman

81119759_546090872906098_2673101260353175552_o.jpg

Here is the original tweet ... that was censored with strategically placed braids.
Elon Musk & Grimes' pregnancy “announcement” sparks meme storm | Dexerto.com

American singer/songwriter Grimes announced her apparent pregnancy on January 8 to ample fanfare — but with Tesla CEO and tech billionaire Elon Musk being the father, it seems the internet’s reaction to the news is rife with memes and jokes.

Grimes heralded her condition with a sensitive photo on Instagram, which featured the singer posing naked with an image of a fetus photoshopped onto her stomach. “I thought about censoring them [her cleavage] for a hot minute haha (this may get taken down anyway,) but the photo is much less feral without the nipples,” Grimes captioned the pic. “Plus, being knocked up is a very feral & war-like state of being. Might as well be what it is."

Mod edit to insert spoiler tags; potentially NSFW.
upload_2020-1-9_20-41-44.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.