Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley

Go Elon!

article-8017-1.jpg

Reactions: Cosmacelf

Nuclear Fusion

Aug 24, 2016
Outside a bubble
After getting it wrong with December FSD wide beta release, Elon’s tweeted that it will now happen in April.
Of course this is after claiming there will be 1 million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020

wdolson

Jul 24, 2015
Clark Co, WA
After getting it wrong with December FSD wide beta release, Elon’s tweeted that it will now happen in April.
Of course this is after claiming there will be 1 million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020

The laws aren't there to allow unattended robotaxis and few legislatures are really that concerned about it right now. They are busy with the economy and the pandemic. Because of the fallout from the pandemic legislatures are probably going to be hesitant to allow companies like Uber to put all their drivers out of business.

It's probably going to take a while before any jurisdiction allows wide spread driverless cars.

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I don't think he was implying that he would produce a million more cars and start a fleet of taxis, I think he was implying that WHENEVER Tesla releases FSD it will be accompanied by the RoboTaxi software making every car that has FSD hardware a potential agent of that fleet.

Elon has admitted that he has a punctuality problem, so beating him up for getting a date wrong is silly. Really I should be pointing out your expecting Elon's timetable to be anything but aspirational as the actual issue.

Nuclear Fusion

Aug 24, 2016
Outside a bubble
Elon has admitted that he has a punctuality problem, so beating him up for getting a date wrong is silly. Really I should be pointing out your expecting Elon's timetable to be anything but aspirational as the actual issue.
One of the world’s supposedly greatest entrepreneurs doesn’t understand the most basic of customer focused business tenets - ‘under promise & over deliver’. Hence when it comes to FSD, Musk is the noise & Karpathy is the signal
Also, it’s dates not date.

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Excerpt from Liftoff by Eric Berger:

"It was a high drama situation," he said of launching rockets from Omelek. "It is a great story. But it is way better in recollection than at the time."

At this Musk laughed, and then took another one of those pauses ["those pauses" which caused a little bit of water to well into his shut eyes]. His mind moved towards regrets. He had one. Musk did not visit Omelek as much as most other people in this story, but he traveled there enough to know the place intimately. "I remember that island like the back of my hand," he said wistfully. "I think I probably should have chilled out just slightly more. You know, it wouldn't have hurt to have just one cocktail on the damn beach. Just have one. Just go have a drink on the beach with the team. I never did that. It wouldn't have hurt."

Reactions: abasile and WillK

Nuclear Fusion

Aug 24, 2016
Outside a bubble
Musk has posted a tweet stating that Tesla might be the biggest company in the world in a few months
Could now be in trouble with the SEC

Possibly realised this & has since deleted the tweet
I can’t imagine there was oversight for this tweet, as part of the previous settlement with the SEC

• Disagree
Reactions: SO16 and JulienW

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC