Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's pretty close though :biggrin:

tesla-musk-det-2010.jpg

I thought it was stand security at first.

If you take 100 photos of anyone, you are going to catch a facial expression that makes anyone look bad or silly.

The fact that an editor selected that particular photo of Elon says more about the bias and intentions of the reporter and editor.

If you take 100 photos of anyone, you are going to catch a facial expression that makes anyone look bad or silly.

The fact that an editor selected that particular photo of Elon says more about the bias and intentions of the reporter and editor.

Clearly the Editor at Notable Biographies has an axe to grind with the TM CEO as well, as the pic they chose is, ahem, less than flattering ... :rolleyes:

unmk_0000_0006_0_img0098.jpg

Lisa.

PS Sadly, if you took 100 pictures of me, I would bear an uncanny resemblance to a chicken is 99 of them :eek: However, in that 1 non-chicken image, I am a sight to behold :biggrin:

Elon's other job

New York Times: Adding Rocket Man to His Résumé

Smart, brash and prickly, with the accent of his native South Africa, Mr. Musk promises that SpaceX will be able to provide space trips aboard its Falcon 9 rockets at $20 million a seat

also of interest:
Mr. Musk served as a real-life role model for Tony Stark, the industrialist-turned-superhero in the “Iron Man” movie. The SpaceX factory appears in the sequel, and Mr. Musk has a bit part.

Say, out of curiosity, not that I am against space travel, but how many Tesla cars does it take to offset the fuel burned from one SpaceX Falcon 9 launch?

Last edited:
That's par for the course for jalopnik, which has a gas bias and takes it's cues from ValleyWag, formerly run by Owen Thomas.

haha as if there were any doubt:

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk just closed a $50 million deal with Toyota, but his personal finances are a mess. By his own admission, he’s busted.

“About four months ago, I ran out of money,” Musk wrote in a court filing, dated Feb. 23, unearthed by Owen Thomas of VentureBeat.

Read More http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/05/musk-says-i-ran-out-of-cash/#ixzz0pKqoD5YN

Is it me or does Elon look like a bad guy from James Bond? I just saw that picture and it hit me :)

I don't know that Elon resembles in appearance any particular Bond villain, but the comparison in other aspects has often been made. It's a comparison Elon seems to enjoy, actually. Billionaire launching rockets from a private island like something out of Moonraker or You Only Live Twice (btw, best John Barry soundtrack in a Bond film IMO).

James%20Bond%20You%20Only%20Live%20Twice%20Ken%20Adam%20set%20design.jpgMoonraker_zero_g.jpg

Who knows what nefarious purposes there might be...

Also, in the most recent Bond film, Quantum of Solace, the primary villain was supposedly an environmentalist. That one was a bit of a mess, and I don't remember much of it except that a lot of hydrogen fuel exploded near the end.

MK-BD627_MUSK_1_G_20100606180430.jpg

You could imagine Elon in about 20 years after he finishes losing his hair.
If he maintains that nerdy white skin and goes bald, plus adds about 30 pounds, then we have the classic Bond villian from the early films. He only needs a furry white cat to stroke as he walks around.

Elon looks extremely uncomfortable with a tie.

Elon is actually a good looking guy in most pictures. But if the goal is to make someone look bad, there are always snapshots that make anyone look bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.