Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a new thread but moved my post here

It seems that it's because he was told his sub would not have been helpful and was a "PR Stunt", so rather than just get on with running his company, he announced he was going to make a video proving the sub would have worked (not that it matters now given the rescue is over and was successful) and in the process call the diver a "pedo".

After the outburst, he tweeted "Bet ya a signed dollar it's true".

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in baseless attack

Elon Musk Goes On Twitter Rant, Calls British Diver That Helped In Thai Cave Rescue ‘Pedo Guy’

BuzzFeed News on Twitter

I'm not entirely sure what he thinks can be gained from this, but it smacks of the kind of fragile ego nonsense we get from our president, not what you really want from a man running several billion dollar companies. Pretty pathetic.

Elon's tweet has been deleted...

Shame that a company tries to design a product to help and their CEO gets attacked for it.

That's an over simplification. It wasn't helpful, people flew out there and apparently got in the way, he didn't know anything about the caves, obstacles or currently before 'designing a solution' and when he got called out for it, he reacted with a bruised ego. It's not only pathetic, it's worrying because it tells us he can't take criticism.

I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and get on with running awesome companies.

That's an over simplification. It wasn't helpful, people flew out there and apparently got in the way, he didn't know anything about the caves, obstacles or currently before 'designing a solution' and when he got called out for it, he reacted with a bruised ego. It's not only pathetic, it's worrying because it tells us he can't take criticism.

I wish he'd keep his mouth shut and get on with running awesome companies.
He asked repeatedly if it was helpful and if he should make it and bring it. They kept saying YES.

He asked repeatedly if it was helpful and if he should make it and bring it. They kept saying YES.

It doesn't matter - a grown up would have laughed at the criticism and got back to work. Calling someone a 'pedo' and then doubling down on it is stupid and switches the attention to his petulance and away from what should just be a good news story.

I don't think he needs defending, he just needs to focus on doing good things.

Elon wouldn't double down without knowing something. When Government offices are open this morning in Thailand he should have the proof. I hope.

Doubt it. He's just using the sterotype of an expat whiteguy living in Thailand as choosing to live there for the sex.

Should have just stayed on message when asked. "Was asked to develop backup option incase other attempts failed, so I did that". No need to respond to guys telling him to shove it up his ass on the internet.

Doubt it. He's just using the sterotype of an expat whiteguy living in Thailand as choosing to live there for the sex.

Should have just stayed on message when asked. "Was asked to develop backup option incase other attempts failed, so I did that". No need to respond to guys telling him to shove it up his ass on the internet.
Better for a journalist to find the truth. Wait for morning papers in U.K. their always digging in the dirt.

• Funny
Reactions: ebfio

I agree with you he should have stayed on message. But I still doubt he’d double down without knowing something about the guy. It had been several hours between that guys interview and then Elon’s response. So he may have found out some info about him. But even so, it was wrong for Elon to respond that way.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Astraviel and ebfio

That's just a billionaire getting access by calling government officials in a dictatorship.

The techniques they used to rescue the boys was so much more elegant than what Musk came up with. The end results showed how Musk should not have inserted himself into the situation. There are thousands of commercial divers, military trained divers, and rescue divers in the world. The lasted thing the stressed, skilled pros in the cave needed was an unknowledgeable amateur trying to insert himself into the situation.

Musk first impulse was right: He offered support help like batteries. Then he went too far. He should have been man enough to be gracious when criticized by a hero. Even a hero with past pedo behavior.

That's just a billionaire getting access by calling government officials in a dictatorship.

The techniques they used to rescue the boys was so much more elegant than what Musk came up with. The end results showed how Musk should not have inserted himself into the situation. There are thousands of commercial divers, military trained divers, and rescue divers in the world. The lasted thing the stressed, skilled pros in the cave needed was an unknowledgeable amateur trying to insert himself into the situation.

Musk first impulse was right: He offered support help like batteries. Then he went too far. He should have been man enough to be gracious when criticized by a hero. Even a hero with past pedo behavior.

Elon asked the person running the show in Thailand if Elon should stop with the mini sub as seen here.

Twitter

I don’t see why he still has people bashing him for continuing after reading this.

Elon wouldn't double down without knowing something. When Government offices are open this morning in Thailand he should have the proof. I hope.

He wouldn’t? Elon is a serial liar. His fragile ego took control of the keyboard.

Nonsense like this would normally get a CEO fired. I guess since he “is” the company he’ll get a pass. Disgusting behavior.

He wouldn’t? Elon is a serial liar. His fragile ego took control of the keyboard.

Nonsense like this would normally get a CEO fired. I guess since he “is” the company he’ll get a pass. Disgusting behavior.

Not defending Elon in this case at all. But I suspect some of these people criticizing his actions would have buckled even worse under the constant harassment and hatred from the press. Granted Elon brought this on himself but wow, the press and haters are relentless even when unwarranted.

Elon asked the person running the show in Thailand if Elon should stop with the mini sub as seen here.

Twitter

I don’t see why he still has people bashing him for continuing after reading this.
Since none of us were there ...and none of us could really help and if the above is true ...AND EM felt he could help and was asked to continue....then hell yes I would be mad if I was him and I was accused of trying to grandstand.

Status
Not open for further replies.