Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Skulk around an internet forum making dubious proclamations a competitive product you own is superior and taking potshots at every opportunity.
Oh oh oh, me me me! I own a Tesla and think Elon's behavior is inappropriate and dangerous!

Of course, I also have children and am trying to raise them not to be assholes. So your MPGe might vary.

Oh oh oh, me me me! I own a Tesla and think Elon's behavior is inappropriate and dangerous!

Of course, I also have children and am trying to raise them not to be assholes. So your MPGe might vary.
I didn't like that tweet either.

But there are Bro's here who's posting history far earlier than this most recent issue make it clear that for some reason they are compelled to denigrate other products/companies/people for the things they DON'T own rather than just supporting and enjoying the items they do prefer and own.

When I owned a Ford F-350, I didn't hang out at chevytrucks.com and look for every opportunity to make a snide comment. I'm largely a PC guy... I didn't troll macuser.com and dis Steve Jobs (although he is highly disable).

Most of the time I see people put that much negative energy in to trying to bash some sort of alternative offering is when it would seem there's some issue with dissatisfaction/jealousy/confidence in their personal choice. Or maybe it's just some sort of personality defect.

Last edited:
^^ This ^^ right here. I continue to follow Tesla for the cool tech and performance. I was a Model 3 reservation holder. One day, I might buy an S. But for everything cool, high tech, and performance, there is a dark side that I just can't shake that would make me cough up money.

The irrational, cult-like allegiance to Elon Musk, and the dismissal of anything negative disturbs me. It is off-putting. The constant string of half truths, missed expectations, and frankly out and out lies to customers and shareholders is egregious.
I don't really really see this cult-like allegiance that you speak of. The vast majority of people here are Tesla owners and think that the tweet was abhorrent. As a Model S owner he shouldn't have made that tweet. Just be professional and move on.

Of course people make mistakes -- we all do. But at the same time, our actions have consequences. People who make bad choices have to pay the consequence. It's the only way to keep our society civil.

I don't agree with the "no judgment' or "I forgive" people. I judge people all the time -- that's the only way to lead an informed life in my view -- and I only forgive people who are truly sorry and make amends.

I'm hoping Elon either has proof or is truly sorry and makes amends -- and fast!

Of course our actions have consequences.

As the audience we seem to think it’s our right, simply because he’s got more money and a more public life (feel free to stay on context of what I was replying to) to be judge, jury and executioner. Doing so is not in fact how you keep society civil. It is however how you rile the natives and arm them with the courage of the crowd. There are quite literally billions of examples of that throughout human history.

If some random stranger said what he did, I’m quite sure you’d judge the person but you also wouldn’t be posting about it on an Internet forum and dragging that person over the coals and claiming because he could afford a $20 Starbucks and you couldn’t or that he had more FB friends than you that he thusly deserved your public hanging of him right there on the street. (Again context of what I was replying to)

Yeah, I’m implying pretty much the vast majority of the most outspoken and critical here are behaving within double standard lines. That they haven’t a clue the turmoil this man has had to live for years on end. And that while they sit in the anonymous audience being all judgy, and free with their critical opinions, in the next breath they are hypocrites.

And no, this doesn’t mean I condone his behavior or his words simply because I’ve not jumped on the public bandwagon here. I’m riding on my own, it just happens to be private because I’m smart enough to know I don’t have all the information. But even if I did have all the info, I’d keep my thoughts to myself lest I be judged and flogged for one of my many human transgressions in life.

As the audience we seem to think it’s our right, simply because he’s got more money and a more public life (feel free to stay on context of what I was replying to) to be judge, jury and executioner. Doing so is not in fact how you keep society civil. It is however how you rile the natives and arm them with the courage of the crowd. There are quite literally billions of examples of that throughout human history.

If some random stranger said what he did, I’m quite sure you’d judge the person but you also wouldn’t be posting about it on an Internet forum and dragging that person over the coals and claiming because he could afford a $20 Starbucks and you couldn’t or that he had more FB friends than you that he thusly deserved your public hanging of him right there on the street. (Again context of what I was replying to)

Yeah, I’m implying pretty much the vast majority of the most outspoken and critical here are behaving within double standard lines. That they haven’t a clue the turmoil this man has had to live for years on end. And that while they sit in the anonymous audience being all judgy, and free with their critical opinions, in the next breath they are hypocrites.

And no, this doesn’t mean I condone his behavior or his words simply because I’ve not jumped on the public bandwagon here. I’m riding on my own, it just happens to be private because I’m smart enough to know I don’t have all the information. But even if I did have all the info, I’d keep my thoughts to myself lest I be judged and flogged for one of my many human transgressions in life.
I guess @Stoneymonster is going to have to quote Spiderman after all.

The problem with this approach is that if people didn't speak up about Musk's attack tweets then those tweets, by virtue of Musk's huge audience, could totally destroy his smaller fry targets. That's why it's important to speak out in numbers.

Some people are saying this diver is going to lawyer up. I think if there is ANY truth to what EM tweeted...AND the guy has a brain then the diver will want this to just go away.

As a Tesla long I still wish EM had not got his feet muddy with his tweet.
Twitter is 1% OK...and 99% trash.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
The problem with this approach is that if people didn't speak up about Musk's attack tweets then those tweets, by virtue of Musk's huge audience, could totally destroy his smaller fry targets. That's why it's important to speak out in numbers.

LOL! If people don’t speak up. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Like that’s ever been a condition of mankind or the media.

How about this, how about speaking up on his Twitter account where it happened and do it in a respectful manner thus leading by example? “Elon, that was entirely uncalled for and inappropriate. Shame on you.” 22 million people can flood his Twitter account with such statements and have a far more profound affect on him then replying with equally vile, hateful language. Kill him with kindness is a very effective tactic. Coming at someone who’s already angry with more anger is significantly less effective. Just ask a wiseman.

There, now you’ve said your peace, he gets the point and nobody has to run to a forum or other social media outlet and stir the pot. The media can go run with it as they usually do and the also badly behaving recipient of the comment can decide if he’s going to take legal action.

Reactions: Dr. J
He can knock himself out. The irony and hypocrisy of people is as always an 11.

Wait, I’m a hypocrite for calling for responsible behavior from those wielding power? Up until this month, I’ve been a pretty staunch Elon defender, for all his faults. No more.

To be clear, this isn’t the first time Elon has made accusations or bashed people on twitter. Each time, an army of his followers decends on the target with a vengeance. This instance is only made worse by the apparent defamation.

Some people are saying this diver is going to lawyer up. I think if there is ANY truth to what EM tweeted...AND the guy has a brain then the diver will want this to just go away.

As a Tesla long I still wish EM had not got his feet muddy with his tweet.
Twitter is 1% OK...and 99% trash.

This is a 7 figure settlement with a few hours work. The adults that run Elon’s daycare facility will write checks and you will never hear about this again.

I was a pretty big Elon fan, and I've even supported some of his previous twitter rants in the past. I might even be able to explain away him calling someone online a "jackass." But this pedo tweet really does damage my view of him.

Some points I want to make in response to the comments here:

1) "The diver started the argument by insulting Elon" - The "he started it first" excuse doesn't really work for anyone older than 5 years old.

2) The diver's insult is tasteless, but it's only an insult. Elon's tweet, on the other hand, is defamation.

3) Elon has millions of followers and billions of dollars. He can do a lot more damage than the diver can.

4) Elon represents not only himself, but also his companies. As we've seen with missteps by other CEOs and public figures in the past, he must be keenly aware of the damage he could be causing to his companies. And his companies need to remind him that he's not immune to repercussions from his trash talk.

5) The pedo comment refers to a stereotype about white guys in Thailand that is offensive to Thais as well. People in Thailand will not welcome him after this. And this might have multiplying effects (see #4).

6) Even if the guy really was a pedo, Elon had no business tweeting about it. It's an ad hominim attack in poor taste and detracts from his true argument (that his sub works).

7) Elon is running against world opinion here. Everyone is happy about the rescue, and people are calling those divers heroes. The public is much more likely to sympathize with those guys in these times.

Sigh...yeah regardless of the actions before,after or during the optics of this are terrible.
The Musk haters have just been handed a gift on a silver platter.

I think we should not look at it from the viewpoint of haters vs fanbois. And its not about optics either. Its plain simple wrong, no?

The fact of the matter is his tweet is unacceptable, whether you are a hater or a fanboi, no?

Reactions: alcibiades
Status
Not open for further replies.