Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Mercers heavily invested in fossil fuel? They are actually joining in the chorus of the other haters (except more rabidly), making me long for the day all mainstream media ends up in a dumpster fire on the ash heap of humanity.
Saudies have major investments in Daimler. Daimler and Saudis do very coordinated investments. (For example Daimler pull out from Tesla was "coordinated" by Saudis).

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I never heard about that explanation for Daimler's divestment of Tesla [or completely forgot]. Do you possibly have a source handy?
Official Daimler statement was "parting ways", i.e. Tesla with the introduction of Tesla S was becoming major auto player and direct concurrent to Daimler. Considering how interleaved are the relations of German manufacturers it's hardly a reason.
And lol sorry for "Saudis", it is of course Abu Dhabi.
("potato potato" from my village corner, sorry if it looks rude I don't care).
They invested together in Tesla and together left Tesla. By that time Abu Dhabi was already a major investor in Daimler (~10%). They left after SpaceX got CCT contract and Musk refused to do IPO for SpaceX, simultaneously blocking Arabs from SpaceX funding rounds.
With Toyota it was quite different. They were happy to get rid of NUMMI "on the cheap".
Participation in California's green "initiatives" (they built some cars together with Tesla) and actually earning good money from selling stock was just a nice small bonus.

Are the Mercers heavily invested in fossil fuel? They are actually joining in the chorus of the other haters (except more rabidly), making me long for the day all mainstream media ends up in a dumpster fire on the ash heap of humanity.
You're falling for russian propaganda. The goal of the KGB propaganda technique known as WHATABOUTISM is to make the public give up on trusting anything they hear, tuning out, and letting the authoritarians get away with anything they want.

Not all media is corrupt. And certainly not equally corrupt. Maybe just start with ignoring media sources funded by the mercers (like breitbart), and media sources that were created for the purposes of creating a false reality (like fox news).

You're falling for russian propaganda. The goal of the KGB propaganda technique known as WHATABOUTISM is to make the public give up on trusting anything they hear, tuning out, and letting the authoritarians get away with anything they want.

Not all media is corrupt. And certainly not equally corrupt. Maybe just start with ignoring media sources funded by the mercers (like breitbart), and media sources that were created for the purposes of creating a false reality (like fox news).

Right, you should stick with CNN, which is totally fair and unbiased..

CNN is corporate media and protects their sponsors, but that's not the same as being created to misinform people like fox news.
False equivalencies are false.
Oh, like THIS isn't misleading reporting?

CNN on Twitter

This is a ridiculous snow job unless your head is firmly in the sand (and Russia has nothing to do with it!). Come off your tower, bro.

Who do their corporate sponsors happen to be to conjure up a sob story like that, CAIR? ISIS? This is just one exhibit of countless examples, but you will write it off because they fulfill your ideology and it's why you'll stay on ignore for not changing the record (like a trainwreck, I couldn't help but sneak a peek unfortunately because the flow of conversation seemed to be missing some key pieces).

CNN's a dumpster fire. Record loss of viewers. I would be slitting my wrists right now if I had a cable subscription from which they automatically benefit. They are manifesting that they are anti-American with this kind of garbage. Their reporting is atrocious as is their ever-present virtue signaling.

Holy eff, I just saw your claim about Breitbart being Russia-bought media (or exists solely to draft a false reality; everybody observes reality through their own ideological lens, which gives you no position to paint everyone on the right as creating false realities; you just think the Russia investigation is a wonderful thing and I'm taking you to task in that I STILL disagree, and this doesn't imply I've fallen for Soviet propaganda. It means I've seen the evidence that you choose to table as inconsequential revealing colluding amongst those who were most eager to jumpstart these investigations). Please, do you have any proof about the Mercers (I wouldn't be surprised if you think O'Bannon is a Russian agent simply because of his nationalist bent, nevermind the false equivalence that nationalism equates to Russian hegemony), or is it something you conjured up because of an ad campaign purchased by Russian nationals on Facebook in the 2016 cycle, along with the horrible specter that Russians meet with politicians (which is not unusual for politicians of ALL stripes if you haven't noticed)? Anything more concrete than that? What you're cheerleading is modern McCarthyism and is a scorched earth 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon attempt to shut down your ideological enemies. All it does is embolden me (on a related note, why would it be a Soviet plot to advocate for the 2nd Amendment, since an armed populace is the biggest deterrent against invading forces? You can claim destabilization, but the 2A and particularly the right to self-defense has been a cornerstone of this republic since its founding, so I'm not buying it).

When did the oil industry become aligned with the KGB? Let me guess, anybody who is critical of McCain posthumously is also Russian bought? Don't you dare condescend to me anymore about what is valid news and isn't because I'm sure we'll vehemently disagree (Salon, Yahoo, MSNBC, and CNN are largely discredited AFAIC, just like Breitbart and Fox are to you). I could just as simply label many of these so-called news organizations as American Pravda since you think the KGB is still running the show. All news orgs sensationalize, it's just a matter of what degree they push your ideological buttons, but the Russia canard is as stale as a dog turd left on the asphalt over a hot summer day.

On-topic, I guess Elon got some new evidence about the cave-diver to reignite the pedo claims (or is just doing his own brand of investigative journalism).

Last edited:
CNN is corporate media and protects their sponsors, but that's not the same as being created to misinform people like fox news.
False equivalencies are false.
Right, just like the latest CNN fiasco perpetrated by the Clinton huckster, Lannie Davis. What an amazing coincidence that he turns up as Cohen’s lawyer out of nowhere! Even after the serial liar, Davis, acknowledged that he lied about Trump’s awareness of the ‘Russian meeting’ prior to it taking place, the utterly despicable CNN still sticks to the story even after the other ‘pinnacles of journalism’ (LOL) NBC, CBS, the NYT and others retracted the story.

CNN has one and only one objective, to take down Trump. Respectable journalism be damned. Certainly CNN is not alone in this sole objective, the NYT admitted in an editorial, just prior to the election, that they were throwing the rules of good journalism out the window because it was more important to keep Trump out of the WH H. You see, they were going to ‘save us’. So in a tacit admission by the NYT that anything goes, fake news was spewed over that sewer of journalism on an almost daily basis. Their latest move was to hire a known racist, and of course Trump-hater, for their editorial pages. Ah, isn’t it wonderful that these bastions of liberalism know what’s best for us?

It’s no coincidence that the mainstream media virtually ignores the stunning corruption at the FBI. Why? Because it too was in a concerted effort to derail Trump’s campaign and when that failed, the efforts pivoted to bringing him down. The names Bruce Ohr, Peter Struck, Lisa Paige and others are barely mentioned by the ‘purveyors of truth’.

So your statement is wrong on so many levels, it simply shows how your ideology hasn’t even allowed you to accept, or at least research, alternative explanations.

Last edited:
This thread is like performance art. Rants about the trustworthiness of news outlets often followed by declarations of faith in Elon Musk.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.