Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
everybody observes reality through their own ideological lens, which gives you no position to paint everyone on the right as creating false realities
So long as we can all agree that there is objective reality and truth, I think we can have legitimate discussions. I wouldn’t say that any effort to do so is being made in this thread, however.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and Xenius
Oh, like THIS isn't misleading reporting?

CNN on Twitter

This is a ridiculous snow job unless your head is firmly in the sand (and Russia has nothing to do with it!). Come off your tower, bro.

Who do their corporate sponsors happen to be to conjure up a sob story like that, CAIR? ISIS? This is just one exhibit of countless examples, but you will write it off because they fulfill your ideology and it's why you'll stay on ignore for not changing the record (like a trainwreck, I couldn't help but sneak a peek unfortunately because the flow of conversation seemed to be missing some key pieces).

CNN's a dumpster fire. Record loss of viewers. I would be slitting my wrists right now if I had a cable subscription from which they automatically benefit. They are manifesting that they are anti-American with this kind of garbage. Their reporting is atrocious as is their ever-present virtue signaling.

Holy eff, I just saw your claim about Breitbart being Russia-bought media (or exists solely to draft a false reality; everybody observes reality through their own ideological lens, which gives you no position to paint everyone on the right as creating false realities; you just think the Russia investigation is a wonderful thing and I'm taking you to task in that I STILL disagree, and this doesn't imply I've fallen for Soviet propaganda. It means I've seen the evidence that you choose to table as inconsequential revealing colluding amongst those who were most eager to jumpstart these investigations). Please, do you have any proof about the Mercers (I wouldn't be surprised if you think O'Bannon is a Russian agent simply because of his nationalist bent, nevermind the false equivalence that nationalism equates to Russian hegemony), or is it something you conjured up because of an ad campaign purchased by Russian nationals on Facebook in the 2016 cycle, along with the horrible specter that Russians meet with politicians (which is not unusual for politicians of ALL stripes if you haven't noticed)? Anything more concrete than that? What you're cheerleading is modern McCarthyism and is a scorched earth 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon attempt to shut down your ideological enemies. All it does is embolden me (on a related note, why would it be a Soviet plot to advocate for the 2nd Amendment, since an armed populace is the biggest deterrent against invading forces? You can claim destabilization, but the 2A and particularly the right to self-defense has been a cornerstone of this republic since its founding, so I'm not buying it).

When did the oil industry become aligned with the KGB? Let me guess, anybody who is critical of McCain posthumously is also Russian bought? Don't you dare condescend to me anymore about what is valid news and isn't because I'm sure we'll vehemently disagree (Salon, Yahoo, MSNBC, and CNN are largely discredited AFAIC, just like Breitbart and Fox are to you). I could just as simply label many of these so-called news organizations as American Pravda since you think the KGB is still running the show. All news orgs sensationalize, it's just a matter of what degree they push your ideological buttons, but the Russia canard is as stale as a dog turd left on the asphalt over a hot summer day.

On-topic, I guess Elon got some new evidence about the cave-diver to reignite the pedo claims (or is just doing his own brand of investigative journalism).

I was starting to question whether you were actually Donald Trump, but then I remembered there is no way he could actually type that much.

Right, just like the latest CNN fiasco perpetrated by the Clinton huckster, Lannie Davis. What an amazing coincidence that he turns up as Cohen’s lawyer out of nowhere! Even after the serial liar, Davis, acknowledged that he lied about Trump’s awareness of the ‘Russian meeting’ prior to it taking place, the utterly despicable CNN still sticks to the story even after the other ‘pinnacles of journalism’ (LOL) NBC, CBS, the NYT and others retracted the story.

CNN has one and only one objective, to take down Trump. Respectable journalism be damned. Certainly CNN is not alone in this sole objective, the NYT admitted in an editorial, just prior to the election, that they were throwing the rules of good journalism out the window because it was more important to keep Trump out of the WH H. You see, they were going to ‘save us’. So in a tacit admission by the NYT that anything goes, fake news was spewed over that sewer of journalism on an almost daily basis. Their latest move was to hire a known racist, and of course Trump-hater, for their editorial pages. Ah, isn’t it wonderful that these bastions of liberalism know what’s best for us?

It’s no coincidence that the mainstream media virtually ignores the stunning corruption at the FBI. Why? Because it too was in a concerted effort to derail Trump’s campaign and when that failed, the efforts pivoted to bringing him down. The names Bruce Ohr, Peter Struck, Lisa Paige and others are barely mentioned by the ‘purveyors of truth’.

So your statement is wrong on so many levels, it simply shows how your ideology hasn’t even allowed you to accept, or at least research, alternative explanations.
If CNN only exists to take down trump, what were they doing for the 30 years before trump came along?
The world's most famous liar is telling you not to trust CNN, and you believe him.

Yes, it is the responsibility of real journalists everywhere to inform the public if they are considering electing a con man.

on a related note, why would it be a Soviet plot to advocate for the 2nd Amendment, since an armed populace is the biggest deterrent against invading forces?
The soviets don't care about the 2nd amendment. They care about harming america. They know the best way to do that is to elect republicans. And the best way to do that is to funnel money to them. And the best way to do that is to use the NRA. Which is exactly what they did. And the NRA is still refusing to make a statement on the matter.

If CNN only exists to take down trump, what were they doing for the 30 years before trump came along?
The world's most famous liar is telling you not to trust CNN, and you believe him.

Yes, it is the responsibility of real journalists everywhere to inform the public if they are considering electing a con man.
CNN was always anti-Republican. With the advent of Trump, their sole mission is to bring him down. Political activism should NEVER be on the agenda of a legitimate news organization. Of course CNN is rarely mistaken for a legitimate news organization and then only by the most ardent Trump haters.

Are any of Trump’s many accomplishments discussed at any length on CNN? Of course not. Is the robust economy, record low minority unemployment, huge gains in the stock market, move towards fair trade policies etc. discussed? Of course not. They are inconvenient truths and inconsistent with the CNN mission. Of course if these had been Obama’s accomplishments CNN would be running nightly specials touting them.

The bottom line is that truthful reporting has not been a CNN hallmark for quite some time and their latest Lannie Davis fiasco is proof-positive of that. We don’t need Trump to point that out.

CNN was always anti-Republican. With the advent of Trump, their sole mission is to bring him down. Political activism should NEVER be on the agenda of a legitimate news organization.

Yeah that's why CNN spent years talking about bill clinton's penis. Because they're so anti republican.

Telling the country that trump is a lying con man isn't political activism, it's the duty of the free press. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. People need the facts.

CNN talks about plenty of trump's accomplishments, like comforting the KKK, filling his cabinet with crooks, putting polluters in charge of protecting the environment, telling impressive numbers of lies, giving massive tax cuts for the rich which will result in massive future debt, starting a trade war... you should watch more and learn something sometime.

CNN was always anti-Republican. With the advent of Trump, their sole mission is to bring him down. Political activism should NEVER be on the agenda of a legitimate news organization. Of course CNN is rarely mistaken for a legitimate news organization and then only by the most ardent Trump haters.

The bottom line is that truthful reporting has not been a CNN hallmark for quite some time and their latest Lannie Davis fiasco is proof-positive of that. We don’t need Trump to point that out.

Always amazing to find anyone frequenting a forum about a company leading efforts to slow climate change supporting Trump.
Living inside the Fox propaganda bubble I guess. Even now as his closest associates for years are convicted, plead guilty and win immunity or reduced sentences for exposing his pervasive criminality and incompetence. Each week he makes some new admission that he was responsible or involved in something illegal, which he's sworn for a year or more he had nothing to do with. The latest is claiming NBC doctored the interview with Lester Holt where he stated flat out he fired Comey to end the FBI Russia investigation. Facts and truth can't penetrate his cult of personality alternate reality.

Always amazing to find anyone frequenting a forum about a company leading efforts to slow climate change supporting Trump.
And that simply illustrates your naïveté about who a Trump supporter is. Am I surprised? Not at all. Because CNN tells you that all Trump supporters want dirty air, dirty water and have no interest in conservation, doesn’t make it so.
Living inside the Fox propaganda bubble I guess. Even now as his closest associates for years are convicted, plead guilty and win immunity or reduced sentences for exposing his pervasive criminality and incompetence.
Really? And you know this how? Are you on Mueller’s team? Do you know what they testified to? Are you privy to this testimony? Please, give me a break. Talk about living in a bubble, you’re living in the liberal, CNN hate-Trump bubble. They still haven’t retracted their latest fake news despite the source of that ‘news’, Clinton ally Lannie Davis, admitting he lied. Freaking unreal! If you’d like to discuss criminality, look no further than the top eschelon of the FBI, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Paige, Ohr and others (many of whom have been fired, demoted and probably soon to be prosecuted). I forgive you for not being aware of this as a loyal CNN/MSNBC viewer.
Each week he makes some new admission that he was responsible or involved in something illegal, which he's sworn for a year or more he had nothing to do with. The latest is claiming NBC doctored the interview with Lester Holt where he stated flat out he fired Comey to end the FBI Russia investigation. Facts and truth can't penetrate his cult of personality alternate reality.
Bulletin, this just in: It is NOT illegal for a President to fire an FBI Director for any reason he so chooses. He serves at the President’s pleasure. Remember, the ‘highly esteemed’ Rod Rosenstein recommended to Trump that he fire Comey. I’m also sure you’re aware of the fact that Comey and Mueller are bosom buddies. No conflict of interest there! No rationale for a Mueller recusal there! If this were a Hollywood movie, most would say it’s too unreal to sell. But hey, more of those inconvenient facts that get in the way of your blinding hatred of Trump. Enough, this is beyond silly.

Note: I don’t moderate this particular section of TMC, but politics unrelated to EVs are off limits on this platform. Any impartial observer can look at this exchange and see why. Can we move back to Elon’s latest girlfriend’s toenail polish or whatever the relevant talk du jour may be?
I saw the tittle Elon Musk and it was all about Trump. I thought I clicked the wrong link.
Now what is up with the toe nail polish and such?

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Note: I don’t moderate this particular section of TMC, but politics unrelated to EVs are off limits on this platform. Any impartial observer can look at this exchange and see why. Can we move back to Elon’s latest girlfriend’s toenail polish or whatever the relevant talk du jour may be?
Rumor has it that throughput in the toenail polish shop is the current constraint...

• Funny
Reactions: Ormond and ohmman
Because CNN tells you that all Trump supporters want dirty air, dirty water and have no interest in conservation, doesn’t make it so.
CNN says nothing of the sort.
If CNN was so bad, you wouldnt have to assign false positions to them.
CNN says trump doesn't believe in climate change science. That is a fact.
CNN says trump appoints professional pollution defenders to be in charge of protecting the environment. That is also a fact.
CNN says trump's own government says trump's coal policies will kill thousands of people. That is also a fact.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Ken7
Bulletin, this just in: It is NOT illegal for a President to fire an FBI Director for any reason he so chooses.

You have been misinformed. It is the president's prerogative to fire whoever he wants, but if he fires them to stop an investigation, that is obstruction of justice and it is a crime.

Change the channel and you won't be so misled and misinformed.

Reactions: neroden
You have been misinformed. It is the president's prerogative to fire whoever he wants, but if he fires them to stop an investigation, that is obstruction of justice and it is a crime.

He was told to fire Comey by Rod Rosenstein. If you didn't watch so much of CNN you might be aware of this. If he wanted to stop the investigation, he would have fired Rosenstein too as well as Mueller. Did he? No. If he actually did fire Comey to 'stop the investigation', why didn't Mueller already release such a report? Good luck proving that Trump did this to stop the investigation. Perhaps Mueller can hire a mind reader to join the stacked staff of Dem/Hillary donating attorneys in this highly 'objective' investigation. It's been a long time since Comey was fired and still no report. Ba bye, oh, and please change the channel on your way out. ;)

Finally, let's respect what ohmman suggested above, this is apparently not the place for this kind of discussion. This will be my last post on the subject, we've moved on to toenail polish .

Last edited:

He wouldn't be a Trump supporter if he wasn't misled, misinformed, delusional, or all three. Calling him out on it is like getting an injured animal backed into a corner. You're not going to change his mind, but you might get bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.