Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk on Twitter

This is untrue. Musk is spreading misinformation and endangering lives.

Yeah I wish he'd just stop. Kids are NOT essentially immune.

Full quote
Kids are essentially immune, but elderly with existing conditions are vulnerable. Family gatherings with close contact between kids & grandparents probably most risky.
The context is that kids can be symptomless carriers and give it to grandparents. They are also at a very low rate of infection.

Italy shows 1.8% for 0-18 years Italy: Coronavirus cases distribution by age group 2020 | Statista

1.12% for South Korea 0-10 South Korea: coronavirus cases by age 2020 | Statista

ETgXGD2UMAEV5-y.jpg

To prove that young children are not getting infected, someone would have to test a group of children and keep testing them. If they remain negative, even when exposed, then they are immune, but I would expect that a fair number become symptomless carriers. The way infectious disease works, it's much more likely children are more often symptomless carriers than immune.

Is it?

Today is Elon Musk day (its trending on twitter) because it's 4/20. It's the infamous tweet that said he was considering taking the company private at $420, funding secured.

This is also the day cannabis advocates celebrate the herb. But I always thought it was weird so many other things were done on Hitler's birthday. The Columbine Shooting happened on this day because the shooters wanted to celebrate his birthday.

Symptom-less carriers and immune are different. Moreover many people will read Elon’s post and think kids can’t catch it. I think it would be wiser if Elon were to choose his words more carefully. That’s one of the reasons why I hate twitter. It encourages sloppy writing and ill considered half formed thoughts.

“Essentially Immune” != “Immune”

There are going to be exceptions. Hence the word “essentially”.

Definition of essentially

: in essence : FUNDAMENTALLY —used to identify or stress the basic or essential character or nature of a person or thing or to say that a description is basically true or accurateHe's essentially a good man.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
There is no black and white solution to this pandemic. Unfortunately, MSMs have only offered polarizing views to gain their readership. Any solution in between are viewed as reckless or denounced.

We are getting to the point that hospital are laying off health personnel due to low utilization while homeless situation are getting worse so much so that homeless tent in parks is considered.

Soon we will have worse health care and hygiene if total lock down continues. That will be another public health problem awaits instead of COVID.

Bay Area hospitals slash workers' pay as losses from coronavirus pile up
SF supervisors push legislation for 'safe' tent encampments in parks and parking lots due to coronavirus

The Idaho has much clearer guidance than California. It gave clear instructions of different business owners what to do & prepare:
Stages of Reopening

While California has been talking about six metrics, there is no clear number being given. The daily message has been intentionally vague and uncleared while the leadership kept saying it has to guide by science and data. This is how you loss people faith on science and data if the metrics cannot be transparently monitored with daily progress, and no clear guidance to allow business owners to prepare and follow.

I was day trading when these tweets happened and I made a few thousand dollars scalping the tweet. All good for me.
However what Elon did was wrong and I hope the SEC find a reason to seriously sanction him for it. Elon has often said how he is in great debt to his supporters over the years, the customers who built Tesla. He probably cost many of them $100k or more. They deserve an apology if not compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.