Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk released his own tequila and it sold out within hours

tesla-tequila-hero%402x.jpg

Elon wears a mask when needed. He was right to open Fremont.

But since so many people will not wear masks and the hospitals are getting overwhelmed again, a temporary lockdown on some businesses (Ie restaurants) might be necessary to reduce the stress on the hospitals.

Looks like he might have it (hopefully not though!). My guess is he thinks it’s overblown and he puts himself at significant risk as a consequence of his stupidity. Which will have predictable effects on TSLA volatility.

PCR results in 24 hours.

BF5975B1-F59A-447E-B551-AEEAF2FE11F2.jpeg

2DF6F5B4-EA36-4B77-BECA-F67A7782AE49.jpeg

Looks like he might have it (hopefully not though!). My guess is he thinks it’s overblown and he puts himself at significant risk as a consequence of his stupidity. Which will have predictable effects on TSLA volatility.

PCR results in 24 hours.

View attachment 607873
View attachment 607872

More detailed information here...Tesla CEO Elon Musk tests positive and negative for COVID-19, casts doubts on seriousness of pandemic - Electrek

Over the last week, the CEO was in Germany and Sweden, a jurisdiction Musk recently praised for its response to the pandemic even though its death count is 20x neighboring Norway and Finland. More recently his plane was spotted in Austin, Texas, where Tesla is currently building a factory, from Monday through Wednesday. Then it went to Los Angeles and yesterday it landed in the Bay Area, where Tesla Fremont plant and Palo Alto HQ is located..

Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-7.10.30-AM.png

More detailed information here...Tesla CEO Elon Musk tests positive and negative for COVID-19, casts doubts on seriousness of pandemic - Electrek

Over the last week, the CEO was in Germany and Sweden, a jurisdiction Musk recently praised for its response to the pandemic even though its death count is 20x neighboring Norway and Finland. More recently his plane was spotted in Austin, Texas, where Tesla is currently building a factory, from Monday through Wednesday. Then it went to Los Angeles and yesterday it landed in the Bay Area, where Tesla Fremont plant and Palo Alto HQ is located..

Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-7.10.30-AM.png

For Musky, the graph was only valid until September 10. And then the death rate got to zero a while ago too...

For Musky, the graph was only valid until September 10. And then the death rate got to zero a while ago too...

Have had a few days of 0, and then they had some case spikes so they've added some restrictions. They've had another day of 0 deaths.

The most annoying thing through this has been underemphasis of hospitalization data.
Hospitalization shows the real impact and is generally independent of widespread testing.

Have had a few days of 0, and then they had some case spikes so they've added some restrictions. They've had another day of 0 deaths.

The most annoying thing through this has been underemphasis of hospitalization data.
Hospitalization shows the real impact and is generally independent of widespread testing.

True... we should really focus on Hospitalization and Death rates.
Here is a useful site for data tracking Worldwide by Country and State.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

upload_2020-11-13_9-59-6.png

upload_2020-11-13_10-0-52.png

Last edited:

Sweden has been late to join the European winter wave but are doing so now in last week or so. Hospitalizations and deaths lag behind. They will surely rise as they have in the rest of Europe.

7D32A2B0-6669-4CE9-852F-6A18A95238E9.png

Are we sure he really tested positive and negative?

He's been a sceptic from the start and has lied about other serious stuff before.

Really sounds like he has it and is just unwilling to admit he was wrong and took ill advised risks.

I hope is family is okay.

• Disagree
Reactions: scaesare
Folks...

He was talking the test because NASA makes him take it for the SpaceX launch.

Now that he tested positive, he's desperate to convince the world that the test sucks and his result must be a false positive.

He wants to participate in the launch and can't; so he's encouraging his followers to doubt the test and doubt the normal presumptions that are made when someone gets a positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/13/musk-coronavius-spacex-launch/

Folks...

He was talking the test because NASA makes him take it for the SpaceX launch.

Now that he tested positive, he's desperate to convince the world that the test sucks and his result must be a false positive.

He wants to participate in the launch and can't; so he's encouraging his followers to doubt the test and doubt the normal presumptions that are made when someone gets a positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/13/musk-coronavius-spacex-launch/

Thanks for the info, but your theorizing past “Now that” is pure speculation on your part and fairly petty. If you continue to read his tweets and tweet replies, he’s just being an engineer, trying to understand the tests. Unlike most people, he almost never simply believes what people tell him, he is always challenging assumptions. It is probably his major characteristic which has allowed him to be so successful.

Thanks for the info, but your theorizing past “Now that” is pure speculation on your part and fairly petty. If you continue to read his tweets and tweet replies, he’s just being an engineer, trying to understand the tests. Unlike most people, he almost never simply believes what people tell him, he is always challenging assumptions. It is probably his major characteristic which has allowed him to be so successful.

I'd argue that he believes whatever works best for his immediate interests, refuses to believe anything experts say that is contrary to his beliefs, and then acts surprised when it turns out that what the experts said was right.

Kind of like a certain President.

I'd argue that he believes whatever works best for his immediate interests, refuses to believe anything experts say that is contrary to his beliefs, and then acts surprised when it turns out that what the experts said was right.

Kind of like a certain President.

You’ve got to be kidding me. A person who had those traits would not have been able to startup and run so unforgiving a company as SpaceX. One wrong decision out of thousands and your rocket blows up. Elon is also not a short term thinker. He looks very far into the future and makes decisions based on that.

Why are you on this thread anyways? Trying to make yourself feel good by dunking on someone you feel is your moral and intellectual inferior?

They being Sweden.

I think the last day with zero COVID deaths in Sweden may have been September 23.

You may have been looking at statistics for the most recent days when you checked the stats at your favorite COVID tracking website but that doesn’t tell the full story for Sweden.

From the site OurWorldInData.org:

Why do COVID-19 deaths in Sweden always appear to decrease in the last 10 days?
Why do COVID-19 deaths in Sweden always appear to decrease in the last 10 days?

In the data that we present on Our World in Data, which comes directly from the European CDC, deaths in Sweden are shown by date of death, while deaths in other countries are shown by date of report.

This matters because it takes a number of days until all deaths for a particular day are reported. In practice this means that Sweden might today only report 10 deaths for yesterday, but once reporting is complete the death count for that day might increase to 40.

This means that for the last 10 days of data, death counts in Sweden must only be interpreted as incomplete measures of mortality...

Similar, although more cryptic, statements are made in the fine print for the Wikipedia page on Sweden’s COVID statistics.

As Jeff said, deaths in Sweden always appear to be headed down, even when they are going up. Why? Repeating above: They are reported by date of death.

B51822C4-F3C3-401C-897A-5DFD13411026.png

Unlike most people, he almost never simply believes what people tell him, he is always challenging assumptions. It is probably his major characteristic which has allowed him to be so successful.

That’s fine to question things, but it turns out there is such a thing as a dumb question. The questions he was asking have been asked many times before and they’ve been answered. There is nothing novel about the challenge he is making against the science. It’s not unique or innovative or elucidating in any way. In other words, it is irresponsible, and frankly it makes him look foolish.

I am not going to tell anyone to stay in their lane - it’s great to branch out - but if you’re going to do that, you have to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Once again, please take debates about coronavirus to the coronavirus thread. We keep getting these coronavirus debate outbreaks ... must be pretty contagious!

We’re talking about Elon Musk here! No need to clutter the thread by imploring people to stay on topic. Lol to this post from me, though.

Obviously the Sweden stuff is directly tied to Elon since that is the hill he chose to die on. That’s why it’s posted here. That discussion will always gravitate back to Elon, since it is just a matter of time before Elon posts something dumb about Sweden again. At this point, sadly, that is as certain as is the sun rising each morning.

Last edited:
Why are you on this thread anyways? Trying to make yourself feel good by dunking on someone you feel is your moral and intellectual inferior?

Hmmm... I don't think Elon is my moral or intellectual inferior. I do think he is impulsive and refuses to take into account expert advice that is inconvenient for him.

On the other hand I do wonder about someone who, in a thread titled "Elon Musk", decides to imply that my posting about Elon Musk is inappropriate simply because he (or she) disagrees with my post.

Why do you choose to post such things? Is it because you are so insecure that you must stifle any criticism of a man who is quite definitely imperfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.