Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me sick to my stomach if we are waiting for lazy, dumb government folks to decide whether the work of a proven genius is acceptable. If the yoke isn’t safe, we have a civil court system to deal with that. We don’t need the NHTSA, the NTSB, the FDA, or any other regulatory bureaus.
Really? Is that how you feel? That's very ignorant and immature of you. The regulatory agencies are the ones responsible for ensuring and improving the safety of the vehicles we drive. Many years ago, before there were actual over-the-chest seatbelts and airbags, my brother was killed in a MVA. Had there been those safety innovations at that time, he would've been alive today, so I suggest you keep your snarky, ignorant comments to yourself. True the government agencies could be a little quicker but in this case of the Tesla Model S "refresh," it's Tesla that's changing what's totally safe and not "broken" so no need to blame the government regulatory agencies that ensure our safety dude. 🙄

Yes, that is how I feel. If car companies make unsafe cars, people won’t buy them. And people will sue the car companies. There simply is no need for the regulators to stick their noses where they don’t belong. I don’t want them to “ensure my safety.”
Another really ignorant comment. So nobody will buy and drive totally unsafe vehicles if manufacturers cut corners to build cars with unsafe parts (assuming your really awesome plan of no regulative body to oversee the safety of these products)? And if/when they get into accidents and people are injured and killed, all the people will just sue the manufacturers (assuming all those people have the money for costly attorneys who demand $500 per hour for their work)? Dude, I think your comment is ridiculous, asinine, and offensive. Btw - my MS Plaid order still says “March.”

Last edited:
Another really ignorant comment. So nobody will buy and drive totally unsafe vehicles if manufacturers cut corners to build cars with unsafe parts (assuming your really awesome plan of no regulative body to oversee the safety of these products)? And if/when they get into accidents and people are injured and killed, all the people will just sue the manufacturers (assuming all those people have the money for costly attorneys who demand $500 per hour for their work)? Dude, I think your comment is ridiculous, asinine, and offensive. Btw - my MS Plaid order still says “March.”
Well, I understand your position. And I think it is offensive that people with Bachelor’s degrees from schools nobody has ever heard of, who work 9 to 5 and complain about how hard they work, who weren’t elected and have no accountability, are overseeing the work of Elon Musk.

Reactions: Tigers
But I thought with Elon’s tweets he was a neurobiologist, physicist & chemical engineer
You mean, he’s just a businessman?
Excellent, this useless post gives me the opportunity to play with the Ignore feature on this new board software. Can you tell from your end, @NF, when people have chosen to block your posts?

That's pretty insensitive. "Any other car" would allow you to go into neutral and push out of oncoming traffic. "Any other car" wouldn't break 2 weeks after purchasing it. I've owned many cars and this has never happened to me before.
So you’ve never had a transmission seize up? Okay.
Any other car wouldn’t break 2 weeks after purchase? You’re joking, right?

If you want to post about how the sky is falling and how unsafe you feel, then the only solution is to get rid of the car.

Tesla is not going to give you a new one and there is no guarantee it won’t happen again.

They will diagnose and fix whatever the issue was, but that doesn’t seem to be good enough for you.

Model X GVWR = 6500+ lbs.
Model X qualifies for IRS section 179 & 168.
That's why lots of doctors & lawyers buy Model X.
Tesla does NOT avoid 6000 lbs.
Why they came within 4 lbs on 2022 S Plaid+,
as Brian Wilson wrote, "God Only Knows..." ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

note: GVWR is determined by automaker, NOT by outside agency,
so AFAICT no outside agency tests GVWR...
Dude, you don’t have to mansplain to me what Tesla does or doesn’t do. I never said Tesla avoids anything. Clearly there are reasons Tesla did what they did, and I already gave you several possibilities for that. Just accept it and stop crying like an entitled little kid who wants their candy.

I can't say I don't understand where you're coming from. Yes, every company will try to make their data look nicer than it is. But I also don't buy that the data make-up is massive. No data is 100% accurate, as it's mostly collected by sample, we don't have an everything-sensor on every single device.

Tesla almost kind of does, but still, there are exceptional cases where it will not register, like the antenna being the first damaged component - who knows. I'm being hypothetical.

But I suggest this quick read from their website (Tesla Vehicle Safety Report) which I believe you've read:

Don't take me wrongly here. I am always open to defying the data. But you have to present BETTER data. Which I wouldn't classify a YouTube video from what seems to be an export of a PowerPoint presentation with a poorly ended piano solo as.

Also I flat out call BS on the age argument. Where I live, you see all sorts of people driving Teslas.
Don't forget they have a $30K car all the way up to $250K now. Maybe more. It's not beyond reach, just the wait time sucks.

EDIT: Quick addendum to the claim that AP is mostly engaged on highways.
Yes it is. Which for a non-AP car, might be boring, tiresome and lead to human error.

How am I supposed to present better data if Tesla has all of it, retard? My entire point is that Tesla needs to be more transparent and contextualize the data. If they made their data sets public, we could all review it and see for ourselves, rather than take them at their word/interpretation. You can call BS all you want on the age argument but you'd be flat wrong. Insurance underwriting doesn't lie, and it sounds like you're going off more of a half-assed "where *I* live...." argument, which if you've been to college you should know is a trash argument.

Also, not sure who calls an edit to add a thought an "addendum" but I guess if you look like this guy looks....

How am I supposed to present better data if Tesla has all of it, retard? My entire point is that Tesla needs to be more transparent and contextualize the data. If they made their data sets public, we could all review it and see for ourselves, rather than take them at their word/interpretation. You can call BS all you want on the age argument but you'd be flat wrong. Insurance underwriting doesn't lie, and it sounds like you're going off more of a half-assed "where *I* live...." argument, which if you've been to college you should know is a trash argument.

Also, not sure who calls an edit to add a thought an "addendum" but I guess if you look like this guy looks....

Ive been around the ins industry long enough. had this discussion with actuaries in the industry (primarily about how to handle FSD and liability)
It's the driver, not the car! Safer drivers tend to pay more for safety features.
A 50 year old homeowner making 150k will have a similarly safe driving record in a toyota as a 50 year old homeowner making 150k driving a model 3.

Unfortunately this post says so much about you :oops:

No I haven't been to college. I understand how insurance works, yadda yadda. Still, doesn't change what I see here, a very diverse Tesla ownership.
But... Data wise. How should Tesla break it down? How would it be acceptable for you? Why is NHTSA data not enough when it aggregates all makes under the same metrics?

I said your argument is valid, at least where you're coming from. But this is a serious topic and you have to make a good point, otherwise you're just crying out loud.

And I guess I'll take your last line as a compliment, thank you. You look like a mad scientist who time travels or some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.