Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, its just the level of sycophantic idolisation amongst millions of mentally lazy people & subsequent widespread adoption of the logical fallacy of argumentum ad populum to think Musk has a brilliant philosophical mind. "Covid cases will be almost zero by end of April (2020)" - from the mind of Elon Musk, amongst plenty of other idiotic statements (but, but, but they were on track at that time you see!!!!).
And LOL at putting Musk in the same discussion as Hawking (not Hawkins - you haven't simply misspelled) or Einstein.
Oh no I misspelled his name! The shame.
At least I didn't misspell idolization. That would be really stupid if I did.
Thanks for the entertainment.

Elon coming to his senses?
Though the $1 billion termination fee would hurt. Plus if Twitter's shares crash he'd lose money on those too.

He sold his TSLA at the top though, which would cover that $1 billion fee handily at this point. Smart. And imagine the updraft if he gives up on the Twitter distraction (not that there is not money to be made there - there might be more potential there than remaining Tesla upside; I’m not sure - but sometimes it is good to stick with your strengths - and clearly social media and public health are not his).

At this point his remaining compensation package at Tesla is looking a little weak, so it make sense to make it look like he’s exploring his options.

Last edited:
He sold his TSLA at the top though, which would cover that $1 billion fee handily at this point. Smart. And imagine the updraft if he gives up on the Twitter distraction (not that there is not money to be made there - there might be more potential there than remaining Tesla upside; I’m not sure - but sometimes it is good to stick with your strengths - and clearly social media and public health are not his).

At this point his remaining compensation package at Tesla is looking a little weak, so it make sense to make it look like he’s exploring his options.
The man is a genius, I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if he could secretly buy his Tesla shares back?
I'm assuming it would not be legal for him to sell his Twitter shares before backing out of the deal.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Elon Musk has lost focus on the original Tesla mission, and it's a real shame.
Nah. He just isn’t as involved in Tesla day to day management. Fundamentally, Tesla has gotten too big. It was bound to happen. Right now there are THREE new factories in various stages of ramping. Austin, Berlin and Shanghai expansion. It is physically impossible for him to do what he did for the model 3 ramp at these factories. He has no choice but to delegate. And so far it is working fine.

Did you catch what he said in the financial times interview? “I’ll be CEO of Tesla for as long as I’m useful”. Elon is a hands on manager, always has been, always will be. Sitting in a big corporate office going over financial projections and putting into place corporate wide programs just isn’t his thing. There’s a reason why the CFO is talking a lot more these days on quarterly calls. Managers that are much better suited to running a 110,000 employee company are starting to take the reigns, and kudos to Elon for recognizing that he needs to back off.

No doubt, he will continue setting overall strategy, since he is also very good at that, but that can be done at the Board level.

Why? Is digging road tunnels and running social media sites going to help us use less energy?

Elon Musk has lost focus on the original Tesla mission, and it's a real shame.
Gonna need something to entertain himself with in a bunker on Mars whilst creating additional progeny. Some dank memes might just do the trick.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Did he say "CEO", or just "at Tesla"?
(Really, I think his answer was 'as long as I'm useful', so it's really about what the question was)
I don't recall the exact question and I can't go through that 40 minute interview again. Great interview, BTW: Elon Musk speaks to the FT

Does it matter? My point being that Tesla has grown too big for him to be as useful as he used to be. His energies are actually better spent elsewhere at this point. There are actually better people that can run a 110,000+ employee company.

I don't recall the exact question and I can't go through that 40 minute interview again. Great interview, BTW: Elon Musk speaks to the FT

Does it matter? My point being that Tesla has grown too big for him to be as useful as he used to be. His energies are actually better spent elsewhere at this point. There are actually better people that can run a 110,000+ employee company.
Me neither (re-listening)
It sort of matters if people think he planning to be CEO vs chief engineer or guru.
It really matters to me if my understanding of what he said was wrong.

Why? Is digging road tunnels and running social media sites going to help us use less energy?
Launching rocket and settling Mars doesn't help us use less energy either, yet he has been doing that for 20 years. Elon Musk is bigger than Tesla.

(and really Tesla is not about using *less* energy to start with but that's another topic)

Except that was his stated mission - to transition the world to a sustainable energy future. I'm in the world.
Mission for Tesla maybe but not his life mission. Sorry but the people that are butt hurt he bought Twitter and using “how does this help with green energy” are just reaching. Again let me remind you he is a businessman. He is not some elected official that is in charge of one thing like moving the country to be more green.

Status
Not open for further replies.