Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if you polled current COLLEGE students maybe 20% would know that the U.S.A. is a representative republic and not a democracy.
Funny that, you should tell that to the good people at the State Department, who are always banging on about democracy on a global stage and who even organised a "Summit for Democracy", chaired by President Biden, in December 2021. Perhaps the US should rather organise summits for "Republics with strange and arcane Rules" in the future?

Reactions: Canyonero
The "wisdom" of Elon

“This is actually a good thing,” Musk said in response to a question from a Twitter user. “It has been raining money on fools for too long. Some bankruptcies need to happen.

“Also,” he continued, “all the Covid stay-at-home stuff has tricked people into thinking that you don’t actually need to work hard. Rude awakening inbound

It’s tough talk from a man said to be worth north of $218bn, more than anyone in the world. And it conveniently overlooks the considerable handouts Musk himself took in the process of growing his net worth after plunking down $6.5m for a majority stake in Tesla in 2004. How did Musk weather the economic storms and rude awakenings thereafter?

Musk, who’s quick to note that Tesla paid that loan back early, moves those cars with help from considerable tax breaks for electric vehicles. And he further takes advantage of his cars’ absence of tailpipe emissions by reselling his cache of carbon credits to high-carbon emitting rivals under pressure to clean up – at least $517m since 2015. There’s a reason why Bill Ackerman and other short-sellers bet big on Tesla to fail. The company would probably be as dead as Nikola Tesla himself if it hadn’t been for the government “raining money on fools”.

Musk’s other companies have benefited from corporate welfare schemes too. In 2015, the LA Times reckoned Musk’s companies had benefited from almost $5bn in government support. That includes SpaceX, which just landed a $2.89bn contract with Nasa and a $653m air force contract, both in 2021; and SolarCity, which capitalised on $1.5bn in government aid and haemorrhaged cash too before the solar energy company was absorbed into Tesla –which itself accepted payroll benefits from Donald Trump’s $600bn pandemic stimulus package.

"Regarding recent events, the shooters are obviously doing this to generate the most amount of attention possible. Why is the media doing exactly what the mass murderers want?" Musk asked.

If Musk's plan for Twitter is "total free speech" wouldn't he be doing the same? In theory these lunatics could livestream themselves shooting up a (insert place) and it wouldn't violate Musk's TOS as essentially there would be none with regards to content posted.

Reactions: Nolakai
The "wisdom" of Elon

“This is actually a good thing,” Musk said in response to a question from a Twitter user. “It has been raining money on fools for too long. Some bankruptcies need to happen.

“Also,” he continued, “all the Covid stay-at-home stuff has tricked people into thinking that you don’t actually need to work hard. Rude awakening inbound

It’s tough talk from a man said to be worth north of $218bn, more than anyone in the world. And it conveniently overlooks the considerable handouts Musk himself took in the process of growing his net worth after plunking down $6.5m for a majority stake in Tesla in 2004. How did Musk weather the economic storms and rude awakenings thereafter?

Musk, who’s quick to note that Tesla paid that loan back early, moves those cars with help from considerable tax breaks for electric vehicles. And he further takes advantage of his cars’ absence of tailpipe emissions by reselling his cache of carbon credits to high-carbon emitting rivals under pressure to clean up – at least $517m since 2015. There’s a reason why Bill Ackerman and other short-sellers bet big on Tesla to fail. The company would probably be as dead as Nikola Tesla himself if it hadn’t been for the government “raining money on fools”.

Musk’s other companies have benefited from corporate welfare schemes too. In 2015, the LA Times reckoned Musk’s companies had benefited from almost $5bn in government support. That includes SpaceX, which just landed a $2.89bn contract with Nasa and a $653m air force contract, both in 2021; and SolarCity, which capitalised on $1.5bn in government aid and haemorrhaged cash too before the solar energy company was absorbed into Tesla –which itself accepted payroll benefits from Donald Trump’s $600bn pandemic stimulus package.

SpaceX has not generated positive cash flow in its 20 years of existence. In a round about way, he's calling for the death of SpaceX. Odd.

SpaceX has not generated positive cash flow in its 20 years of existence. In a round about way, he's calling for the death of SpaceX. Odd.
SpaceX is privately held and therefore exempt. The small cadre of well heeled owners know and accept the risks. The SEC can say nothing about it because shares are not publicly traded. Koch Industries is another privately held conglomerate.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
On another note, I'm not going to get into the politics of it, but Elon's Twitter bid has unleashed the ideologues, trolls and bots once again. Twitter is filled with nasty tweets from suspect sources attempting to destroy Tesla's reputation using Musk's bid to take over the company and some recent political statements as the wedge. (sigh). I thought we were past all that crap.

Reactions: FlatSix911
On another note, I'm not going to get into the politics of it, but Elon's Twitter bid has unleashed the ideologues, trolls and bots once again. Twitter is filled with nasty tweets from suspect sources attempting to destroy Tesla's reputation using Musk's bid to take over the company and some recent political statements as the wedge. (sigh). I thought we were past all that crap.
We'll never be past it. Elon is naive to think he can clean it up. He'll only generate more.

Funny that, you should tell that to the good people at the State Department, who are always banging on about democracy on a global stage and who even organised a "Summit for Democracy", chaired by President Biden, in December 2021. Perhaps the US should rather organise summits for "Republics with strange and arcane Rules" in the future?
We elect most of our representatives ~democratically so that counts for something… I’m not a PR guy you can take it up with them.

wario-elon-musk.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO — CEO of Tesla and entrepreneur Elon Musk has reportedly made a public offering to buy a rake he recently stepped on that smashed him in the face.

“Aha, very shrewd, rake,” said Musk, directly to the rake on the ground. “I see you, like many of the other embarrassing things I’ve been injuring myself on lately, have fallen victim to the ‘woke’ mindset that sees you seek out and tear down those with ideas counterintuitive to yours. I don’t respect your approach, rake, but I would like to invest in your future. How much to buy you straight up?”

Eyewitness accounts estimated that Musk waited for as long as ten minutes before realizing the rake wasn’t going to respond to his lucrative offer.

“A lot of us gathered once we realized who it was,” said Tracy Brooks, one of many onlookers. “And after a while we were yelling out, stuff like, ‘Hey Elon, that rake ain’t gonna answer you!’ and ‘You’re bleeding from the nose, Elon!,’ but he just kept on standing there, staring at the rake. Eventually I think he realized nothing was going to happen, so he just made an announcement that he’d been joking the whole time and got the hell out of there. I hope he went and got some help, his nose looked really bad.”

“And to think, he wouldn’t have stepped on that rake in the first place if he just had some yellow caution signs up,” Brooks said. “But he hates the color.”

As of press time, Musk had announced intentions to shoot the rake into space.

This will probably trigger a lot of people. White rich guy makes fun out of lbgtqia! How dare you! Ofc he is making fun of tech companies trying to virtue signal by changing their logo, an act with a very cost and very low impact. But it’s meme, he knows that Tesla also sends a fabulous car to the pride rallies and is also making fun of Tesla.

Reactions: bkp_duke
No. Twitter was an impulse purchase. Like a second rock of meth when dealer offers it for 50 percent.
Afterward he came up with rationalizations for buying a company with a bad business model.
This won’t increase EV acceptance, nor was that his goal. He’s just addicted to Twitter.
People are constantly ascribing unspoken crafty plans to Musk
How about one of you point to an example of him playing secretive 3D chess?
Just one thing that wasn’t exactly what it appeared to be?
Elon= WYSIWYG
I think that's mostly fair, regarding no 3d chess. However, he's done very good work on supply chain management, some mistakes too. Not really 3d chess so much as questioning lots of assumptions and being willing to do things differently (car around computer, design chips, octovalve, etc). More so than Tesla playing 3d chess it's the OEM playing checkers with blindfold that makes Tesla look great by comparison.

OTOH- give Tesla credit..they are at least playing chess and are king in a land of the blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.