Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of BS. Twitter before Elon was the sole arbiter of what people could and could not say on social media. Elon is trying to pry that open. Cleantechnica has it 100% backwards.

It's the usual playbook of the left. Demonize anyone who isn't in 100% agreement with your worldview, including the single most important person to actually do something about sustainable transport. Without Elon, there would be no EVs.

Supporting Elon no matter what he does seems to me to be just as extreme as canceling him completely for his failings. Somebody can be a genius in one area and a complete idiot in others. It happens quite often.

He has done the world a service advancing both electric vehicles and rocketry. He's also been extremely screwy lately. Both can and do exist in the same universe.

So Elon just said he was "undecided" about whether he would vote for Trump. Umm...that should have been a hard "no". Full stop. Free speech is under the umbrella of democracy and anyone who has paid attention to the Jan. 6th committee hearings understands Trump is the opposite of all that.

Elon is losing his GD mind. WTF?
I agree 100%. I have said it before and I will say it again (for all it's worth) Elon needs to be removed as CEO of Tesla

So Elon just said he was "undecided" about whether he would vote for Trump. Umm...that should have been a hard "no". Full stop. Free speech is under the umbrella of democracy and anyone who has paid attention to the Jan. 6th committee hearings understands Trump is the opposite of all that.

He (seemingly) didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020. But now he's open to it *after* the Jan. 6th coup attempt?

Should tell you all you need to know about Elon.

Reactions: mspohr
He (seemingly) didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020. But now he's open to it *after* the Jan. 6th coup attempt?

Should tell you all you need to know about Elon.

Yeah, destroying American democracy and plunging this country into a civil war is bad.

I apologize to the mod staff for getting all political. I do acknowledge that half the country thinks autocracy is good, actually. And I wish to be sensitive to their feelings.

Yeah, destroying American democracy and plunging this country into a civil war is bad.

I apologize to the mod staff for getting all political. I do acknowledge that half the country thinks autocracy is good, actually. And I wish to be sensitive to their feelings.
have you seen statements by the Jan.6 seditionists and their views on the feelings of those who oppose their crusade?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Supporting Elon no matter what he does seems to me to be just as extreme as canceling him completely for his failings.

Strawman. No one does this, certainly not me. I've consistently admonished Elon for his lack of understanding of what his AI architecture is capable of for FSD. I also think that he needs a new AI architecture for his Tesla bot. In the past, I called Tesla's buyout of SolarCity a bail out. I thought his "Funding secured" tweet was reckless. Hopefully you get the idea. I criticize Elon whenever I strongly disagree with his actions.

Somebody can be a genius in one area and a complete idiot in others. It happens quite often.

He has done the world a service advancing both electric vehicles and rocketry. He's also been extremely screwy lately. Both can and do exist in the same universe.

I wouldn't have bought Twitter myself. Way too complicated and messy. But then so is starting a rocket company and an auto company. Elon's ability to manage complex businesses far surpasses my own willingness and, most probably, ability.

The thing people are missing with Twitter is what he wants it to become. If it stays a social media texting app, he will have failed. He wants it to be the world equivalent to WeChat, which means an integrated payment system among many other things. Getting rid of top down censorship is just a minor modification, and it's only of partisan political interest that many on the left are losing their *sugar* over it. Yesterday's interview shows that he would institute a self selected censorship system such that you could opt into having Twitter not show you what you deem offensive. It'll be interesting to see if that mollifies his critics.

Listen to the interview or actually read the article, he didn't say he's "undecided" about whether to vote for Trump, he said "I'm undecided at this point on that election", an entirely different claim.

Reactions: abasile
Listen to the interview or actually read the article, he didn't say he's "undecided" about whether to vote for Trump, he said "I'm undecided at this point on that election", an entirely different claim.
How can he be undecided when it has been proven (In court and with multiple recounts) that there was no voter fraud

Ok, I want to parse this out.

1. Overblown is a value judgement, an opinion, a belief.

2. The birth rate is decreasing (World Birth Rate 1950-2022.)

3. You used the word population. Population is not the same as birth rate.

4. Musk expressed concern about birth rate:
5. And, you failed to relate any of this to the "first principals" mumbo jumbo you first used. After all, you did use the word "reasoning".
You used the word population. Population is not the same as birth rate.
Really, this is what you're going with? If reduce birth rate doesn't lead to population decline then why worry about it? In any case, Elon Musk:
"Please look at the numbers – if people don't have more children, civilization is going to crumble, mark my words"
"The biggest issue in 20 years will be population collapse. Not explosion. Collapse.”

The birth rate is decreasing
Population is still increasing. Population Clock

Reasoning: Population is not decreasing, a decreasing population if it happens is not a negative and in fact is a positive. Then add in Elon's prediction about AI and robotics eliminating many jobs and it's obvious his concern is not founded in reality on any level.

B.S.

Twitter is not and has never been “the sole arbiter of what people could and could not say on social media.”

Social media is a huge construct of which Twitter is only one corner of.

Elon is doing great things for EV and sustainable energy while also supporting a party that denies the right for gay people to have equality, pushes a falsified version of the last election, blocks Tesla from selling in Texas, places roadblocks to voting, and is the home of climate change denial in the US.

There, I was able to say nice things about Elon even though he isn’t 100% in agreement with my worldview.

We were talking about TWITTER censoring people, not the INTERNET. Try to keep up. Twitter absolutely banned discussion about a whole host of topics including anti-Covid Vaccine, Hunter Biden's laptop and a bunch of other things.

As far as your other partisan political statements, they are all wrong, but whatever.

How can he be undecided when it has been proven (In court and with multiple recounts) that there was no voter fraud
He's undecided about the election, meaning he hasn't decided who to vote for in the election, his answer has nothing to do with Trump. And this is the same answer he gave on twitter a week ago, so nothing is changed, yet people just can't wait to find new reasons to hate this guy, crazy...

He's undecided about the election, meaning he hasn't decided who to vote for in the election, his answer has nothing to do with Trump. And this is the same answer he gave on twitter a week ago, so nothing is changed, yet people just can't wait to find new reasons to hate this guy, crazy...
I cant speak for other people but I have no hate for Elon but I am watching his behavior very closely since I am a large shareholder in Tesla stock. Elon is like a modern day Howard Hughes (Hughes had a mental breakdown and never recovered). There is a distinct change in Elon's behavior from last year until today and it is not for the better.

Very bizarre given the backdrop of Elon's child (now 18, I believe) disowning him.

Hadn't heard this story. With Justine he had five kids, one set of twins and one set of triplets, all born male. I wonder which set of kids the daughter is from.

It's a lot less than half. A fairly good sized chunk of the population don't really think about politics much and haven't really paid attention. One of my neighbors who has voted Republican consistently since the 1970s is just waking up to the idea that the GOP has changed.

Strawman. No one does this, certainly not me. I've consistently admonished Elon for his lack of understanding of what his AI architecture is capable of for FSD. I also think that he needs a new AI architecture for his Tesla bot. In the past, I called Tesla's buyout of SolarCity a bail out. I thought his "Funding secured" tweet was reckless. Hopefully you get the idea. I criticize Elon whenever I strongly disagree with his actions.

Sorry, i didn't recall seeing your criticisms.

I wouldn't have bought Twitter myself. Way too complicated and messy. But then so is starting a rocket company and an auto company. Elon's ability to manage complex businesses far surpasses my own willingness and, most probably, ability.

The thing people are missing with Twitter is what he wants it to become. If it stays a social media texting app, he will have failed. He wants it to be the world equivalent to WeChat, which means an integrated payment system among many other things. Getting rid of top down censorship is just a minor modification, and it's only of partisan political interest that many on the left are losing their *sugar* over it. Yesterday's interview shows that he would institute a self selected censorship system such that you could opt into having Twitter not show you what you deem offensive. It'll be interesting to see if that mollifies his critics.

I don't think it will. His approach to the way social media works is too naive to work.

Reactions: JRP3
Yesterday's interview shows that he would institute a self selected censorship system such that you could opt into having Twitter not show you what you deem offensive. It'll be interesting to see if that mollifies his critics.

I don't think it will. His approach to the way social media works is too naive to work.

The book hasn't been written yet on that industry, it is still in flux and still innovating. Whatever ideas Elon has publicly said about Twitter isn't the last word on what he will eventually do with the platform. Just as Tesla, SpaceX and Boring have all strategically evolved as companies, so will Twitter if he buys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.