Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there is.

But not as much as some want to believe.
ok. here it is. Elon's big TSLA stock sell off and his descent into madness on Twitter that is damaging the Tesla brand and having the NASA administrator asking Gwynne Shotwell if they need to worry about SpaceX given these distractions. There you go. You're welcome.

ok. here it is. Elon's big TSLA stock sell off and his descent into madness on Twitter that is damaging the Tesla brand and having the NASA administrator asking Gwynne Shotwell if they need to worry about SpaceX given these distractions. There you go. You're welcome.

More fear mongering BS that ultimately won’t matter.

NASA is an extremely important customer for SpaceX. If the CEO of SpaceX has become emotionally and/or psychologically unstable, that's a concern for NASA. I've been concerned that Musk was becoming unstable ever since he dumped a billion dollars of Tesla stockholder money into bitcoin. That showed that either he completely fails to understand economics, or he thinks it's okay to speculate wildly with other people's money, or he's gone bonkers. Any of those is concerning. Tesla is a car company, not a hedge fund. Buying a billion dollars worth of bitcoin with Tesla money is, in my opinion, a serious and possibly criminal violation of Musk's fiduciary responsibility to the stockholders.

Tanking the stock doesn't really affect me because I never intended to sell my shares, and I'm still up about 60-fold even at the current price of 158 and dropping. What does concern me is that I don't want Tesla to fold because the CEO has gone full-on psychotic. I want Tesla to stay in business so that when the time comes for me to replace my car I don't have to settle for an inferior make.

Is there any cause for alarm regarding the future of Tesla and thus the future of our vehicles with Elon’s decent into right wing authoritarian and Q madness?

doubt it, Tesla has done so many things right that the user experience will be good and the economies of scale of the company will be sound and highly differentiated for a long time. that said, the brand is getting tarnished by all of the above. unsure the impact on reservations and future sales. we'll see. but there will likely be a new CEO soon and Elon will be the "Chief Product Officer" or something. maybe that will help. in the future I expect Twitter to implode and who knows what the collateral damage will look like. in today's news it looks like they're already not paying bills and threatening to not pay severance packages, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
doubt it, Tesla has done so many things right that the user experience will be good and the economies of scale of the company will be sound and highly differentiated for a long time. that said, the brand is getting tarnished by all of the above. unsure the impact of reservations and future sales. we'll see. but there will likely be a new CEO soon and Elon will be the "Chief Product Officer" or something. maybe that will help. in the future I expect Twitter to implode and who knows what the collateral damage will look like. in today's news it looks like they're already not paying bills and threatening to not pay severance packages, etc etc etc.

Hope you’re correct. I was once proud to show off our Tesla to friends and family but am now just embarrassed to own one. Granted, it’s my wife’s car, but I still drive it at times. Looked at trading it in this weekend but we’d lose $10k. Funny that just three months ago we could’ve made $10k.

Hope you’re correct. I was once proud to show off our Tesla to friends and family but am now just embarrassed to own one. Granted, it’s my wife’s car, but I still drive it at times. Looked at trading it in this weekend but we’d lose $10k. Funny that just three months ago we could’ve made $10k.
Motors, Batteries, Software, Global Gigafactories, two-piece casting, manufacturing performance and scalability, gross profit per unit, supercharger infrastructure, safety scores, user satisfaction are all best in class for any car company, never mind an EV car company. But yeah... perception is reality. I love my MYLR.. not changing.. but I get a lot of negative Elon questions when in the past it was all enthusiastic "how do you like it..." etc etc etc. Such an unforced error in taking on Twitter so impulsively and running it so recklessly. Crazy risk considering how much is on the table still for Tesla not to mention SpaceX. but hey... richest man in the world and all.

Is there any cause for alarm regarding the future of Tesla and thus the future of our vehicles with Elon’s decent into right wing authoritarian and Q madness?

I read somewhere that the people at Tesla had learned how to "handle" Elon by stroking his ego, telling him "Yes," and then doing stuff right in spite of him. There's also the hope that the fiasco at Twitter is keeping him so busy that he's not screwing with Tesla too much.

OTOH, if he descends further into looney town he could start firing the people running the company. The sooner he steps down as CEO, the better.

The problem is that as the majority stockholder he could still fire the board of directors (actually, vote them out) and replace them with hand-picked wackos. And if he sells his shares, the stock price will collapse. I have no idea whether that would affect the operation of the company.

[...] Such an unforced error in taking on Twitter so impulsively and running it so recklessly. Crazy risk considering how much is on the table still for Tesla not to mention SpaceX. but hey... richest man in the world and all.

Apparently second-richest now, with TSLA down to $161.

[...] I was once proud to show off our Tesla to friends and family but am now just embarrassed to own one. Granted, it’s my wife’s car, but I still drive it at times. Looked at trading it in this weekend but we’d lose $10k. Funny that just three months ago we could’ve made $10k.

I didn't buy my Model 3 because of Musk. I bought it because it's a great car and is electric. Tesla is not Musk and Musk is not Tesla. All the American car makers are run by horrid people. Consider the Ford Pinto or GM's dismantling of public transportation in America. Musk is just the biggest loudmouth of them all. I'm not ashamed of driving a car that runs on carbon-free sunlight. And aside from online forums, nobody has ever asked me about Musk. They still just ask how I like the car.

Used-car prices have dropped across the board, due to the economy and interest rates. That has nothing to do with Tesla in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.