Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a capitalist country, the owner of shares can sell those shares if they feel like it. Musk may be screwing the shareholders, and selling that many shares will tank the price even further, but if he sells enough shares to give up control of the company, that could be the best thing that could possibly happen for Tesla. Get rid of the insane CEO and put a rational and decent human being in his place. Note also that the real value of Tesla is its physical plant and expertise and workforce. If the share price doesn't recover after a while, it was probably overvalued.

(I own shares of TSLA, and watching the price plummet has been disturbing and disappointing. But I would love it if this company changed leaders.)

The article cited above in post 5637 says that Musk is using Tesla as his personal ATM machine. Well, Musk owns those shares. He has a right to sell them. And since they pay no dividends, selling shares is the only way to get income from owning them.

In a capitalist country, the owner of shares can sell those shares if they feel like it. Musk may be screwing the shareholders, and selling that many shares will tank the price even further, but if he sells enough shares to give up control of the company, that could be the best thing that could possibly happen for Tesla. Get rid of the insane CEO and put a rational and decent human being in his place. Note also that the real value of Tesla is its physical plant and expertise and workforce. If the share price doesn't recover after a while, it was probably overvalued.

(I own shares of TSLA, and watching the price plummet has been disturbing and disappointing. But I would love it if this company changed leaders.)

The article cited above in post 5637 says that Musk is using Tesla as his personal ATM machine. Well, Musk owns those shares. He has a right to sell them. And since they pay no dividends, selling shares is the only way to get income from owning them.
Actually, Elon can get a loan from a bank with almost 0 interest. That is more economical than paying capital gains tax on the stocks that he sold.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think he’s on a bender at this point. I was hesitant to say this earlier, but now it appears the paranoia is really kicking in.
It’s not paranoia when someone stalks your family, it’s normal behavioural human psychological response.

Elon made enemies everywhere by trolling every politician possible, a lot of lone wolf despise him. He is probably at the highest risk possible to be harmed right now with his Twitter acquisition, political comments and behaviour.

Elon Musk is probably the greatest engineer of our time but also an Asperger’s who doesn’t have a full grasp on the complex social interactions of the human species.

It’s not paranoia when someone stalks your family, it’s normal behavioural human psychological response.

Elon made enemies everywhere by trolling every politician possible, a lot of lone wolf despise him. He is probably at the highest risk possible to be harmed right now with his Twitter acquisition, political comments and behaviour.

Elon Musk is probably the greatest engineer of our time but also an Asperger’s who doesn’t have a full grasp on the complex social interactions of the human species.
Yeah, I’m sure it says all that in the police reports he hasn’t filed.

Anybody with the tail number can track the plane. Anybody looking to track him down just has to go to Twitter HQ on Market St.in SF. You can even take the F - Market streetcar there. There, I doxxed him.

But, as Tesla owners, isn't he tracking ALL of us?
There's a way to hide the id (temp ID replaces). The tracking still happened, so either pilot didn't hide ID or a way was found around the safety restriction.
This is like putting a pyromaniac in charge of the fire department.
Ella Irwin is Twitter head for this since November (Vice reported) but seemingly worked in a similar role at Amazon & Google
1671202284496.png

The story seems to be that someone suggested a group for her to contact - a small organisation she hadn't heard of before (seemingly). She said "contact me". I would expect her to do some research before anything more. Then Vice went full unbalanced attack mode.

The tweet that was referenced that insinuated some link between OUR (never heard of), a social media platform & politics linked to an article claiming all manner of bad moves, including gutting child protection (one team in Singapore went from 5 to 1 member, but no indication of why - ie people not replaced yet after leaving, perhaps months ago - didn't mention that for months or years pleas for more staff were rejected due to "budgets"). As I said previously, it's likely that tools, new processes & automation have been brought in to tackle the problem in USA first. If Vice could have found more widespread problems, I would have expected them to lay it on thick.

Religion, money, power, charities - it often attract bad actors. Takes a while to sort the wheat from the chaff. There has to be zero benefit to being a bad actor.

Nit-picking every perceived misstep, missing the overall improvements isn't a wise move in my opinion. We need less partisan reporting, not more. Vice has often had an anti-Tesla slant, so I don't consider them objective nor fair. Knee-jerk hate isn't a reasonable path.

So
1) Vice reporting is unfair & is leading otherwise intelligent people astray & off into a rabbit hole
2) This "OUR" group has power / influence even though Ella hadn't met, hadn't seemingly heard of it & is probably tiny.

1671201472248.png

Attachments

• 1671201065468.png
    1671201065468.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
There's a way to hide the id (temp ID replaces). The tracking still happened, so either pilot didn't hide ID or a way was found around the safety restriction.

Ella Irwin is Twitter head for this since November (Vice reported) but seemingly worked in a similar role at Amazon & Google
View attachment 885674

The story seems to be that someone suggested a group for her to contact - a small organisation she hadn't heard of before (seemingly). She said "contact me". I would expect her to do some research before anything more. Then Vice went full unbalanced attack mode.

The tweet that was referenced that insinuated some link between OUR (never heard of), a social media platform & politics linked to an article claiming all manner of bad moves, including gutting child protection (one team in Singapore went from 5 to 1 member, but no indication of why - ie people not replaced yet after leaving, perhaps months ago - didn't mention that for months or years pleas for more staff were rejected due to "budgets"). As I said previously, it's likely that tools, new processes & automation have been brought in to tackle the problem in USA first. If Vice could have found more widespread problems, I would have expected them to lay it on thick.

Religion, money, power, charities - it often attract bad actors. Takes a while to sort the wheat from the chaff. There has to be zero benefit to being a bad actor.

Nit-picking every perceived misstep, missing the overall improvements isn't a wise move in my opinion. We need less partisan reporting, not more. Vice has often had an anti-Tesla slant, so I don't consider them objective nor fair. Knee-jerk hate isn't a reasonable path.

So
1) Vice reporting is unfair & is leading otherwise intelligent people astray & off into a rabbit hole
2) This "OUR" group has power / influence even though Ella hadn't met, hadn't seemingly heard of it & is probably tiny.

View attachment 885667
i call BS like most of the nonsense you post. Elon and Ella Irwin hosting a call with Eliza Bleu who is buds with Cernovich the PizzaGate and GamerGate guy. he's a POS and by the transitive property, so is..... (insert megalomaniac name here)

Oh and for those out there keeping track.. kicking journalists off Twitter (for obviously bogus reasons) is Stage 4. Deplatforming.

Attachments

• E1lslpxX0AEXC1V.jpeg
    E1lslpxX0AEXC1V.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 29
  • FkD45hTWIAA68Cc.png
    FkD45hTWIAA68Cc.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
i call BS like most of the nonsense you post. Elon and Ella Irwin hosting a call with Eliza Bleu who is buds with Cernovich the PizzaGate and GamerGate guy. he's a POS and by the transitive property, so is..... (insert megalomaniac name here)

A few more degrees of separation & you should get to Genghis Khan.

Question:
1) Is Vice a fair and balanced reporter on Elon, new purchase etc?
2) Can you find a Vice positive story for Tesla or Elon from 2021 - ie before latest controversy? I checked out this page (and a few older ones to try & locate 2021 stories) but couldn't be bothered reading any more hate, so am temporarily climbing out of the rabbit hole. Tesla
3) Vice seem like a nice bunch - not - wikipedia
In April 2021, Vice Media was criticized by Cambodians for photoshopping images of the victims of the Khmer Rouge Genocide. Some victims had smileys photoshopped onto their faces. Vice later admitted to the images being photoshopped and said that "We regret the error and will investigate how this failure of the editorial process occurred."[78]

In March 2020, Vice Media organised the Azimuth music festival in Saudi Arabia, less than two years after Vice paused all work in Saudi Arabia following the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi. Vice’s brand was not used on marketing material, and contractors had to sign to sign non-disclosure agreements regarding Vice's involvement. Vice opened a commercial and creative office in Riyadh in 2022

A few more degrees of separation & you should get to Genghis Khan.

Question:
1) Is Vice a fair and balanced reporter on Elon, new purchase etc?
2) Can you find a Vice positive story for Tesla or Elon from 2021 - ie before latest controversy? I checked out this page (and a few older ones to try & locate 2021 stories) but couldn't be bothered reading any more hate, so am temporarily climbing out of the rabbit hole. Tesla
3) Vice seem like a nice bunch - not - wikipedia
Nice try. Fail.

Not playing the whataboutism or distraction game. He’s courting QAnon, period.

Nice try. Fail.

Not playing the whataboutism or distraction game. He’s courting QAnon, period.

Based on vice report he isn't, no mention of Elon at all, just an experienced professional with a lengthy history in large organisations and a single tweet asking a small (probably previously unknown) group to talk after she was directly messaged/tweeted as a suggestion. Relying on Vice about Elon is like relying on Russian TV.... on many matters. Choosing reliable information sources is important. Those with a history of bias should be used with caution.

So that leaves other accusations that to me seem based on flimsy evidence. One I recall was based on ignorance of Alice in Wonderland & Monty Python but intimate knowledge of symbols used by fringe groups that l know little about and in my country mainly exist on private groups or advertised by unpleasant actors on Facebook. I wouldn't see them as I haven't got a profile that aligns with the advertising demographics being targeted. This happened extensively in 2016 when a subset of people were very cheaply targeted (bombarded more like) with lies, misrepresentation & bigoted nonsense. Most people including me never saw this onslaught of hate. It was a shock when the adverts became public knowledge, long after the adverts had taken effect.

Who wins from the current media-bias? That is the question that is most important to me & most useful to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.