Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, boo-hoo. You had to refer to people by the pronouns they prefer. Meanwhile the right has taken away women's right to their own bodies, and is now working hard to reverse every human right that people have suffered and fought to win during the past fifty years.
Er - no. Myself and alot of my colleagues were requested to put OUR pronouns in all of our business correspondence (emails, LinkedIn, Zoom, Teams.....) - even though none of us were gender confused or identify as a different gender. The Left was forcing their secular "religious" beliefs onto me about the ever expanding definition of gender.

"Come on Indysurfer - show us that you are an "ally" and put all of your pronouns in your correspondence."

I refused to succumb to this pressure tactic/guilt shaming, but many of my co-workers felt threatened that they would lose out on promotion opportunities if they didn't follow the request from the overpaid DEI consultant.

The rest of your comment "reverse every human right" is hyperbolic nonsense that can only be believed if you only get your information from extreme partisans.

Er - no. Myself and alot of my colleagues were requested to put OUR pronouns in all of our business correspondence (emails, LinkedIn, Zoom, Teams.....) - even though none of us were gender confused or identify as a different gender. The Left was forcing their secular "religious" beliefs onto me about the ever expanding definition of gender.

"Come on Indysurfer - show us that you are an "ally" and put all of your pronouns in your correspondence."

I refused to succumb to this pressure tactic/guilt shaming, but many of my co-workers felt threatened that they would lose out on promotion opportunities if they didn't follow the request from the overpaid DEI consultant.

The rest of your comment "reverse every human right" is hyperbolic nonsense that can only be believed if you only get your information from extreme partisans.
You are mad that you were asked to put he/him on a document? I would just laugh about it and do it. Who cares? I agree it is completely silly. But I don’t care about it either way….

Reactions: thx1139 and JRP3
Yikes. The way you are thinking is pretty basic. How their propaganda works is they exploit a doubt or fear people already have and amplify and legitimize it. It’s not as dimwitted as “Biden is bad”.
OK - can someone provide a link or show the super awesome and sophisticated Russian Facebook ads that apparently swung the 2016 election at the bargain price of $500K?

K-Street in Washington DC can use some pointers! The hundreds of millions K-Street lobbyists spend every year to influence government policy and elections is apparently no match for Russian memes!

• Disagree
Reactions: adsheff
OK - can someone provide a link or show the super awesome and sophisticated Russian Facebook ads that apparently swung the 2016 election at the bargain price of $500K?

K-Street in Washington DC can use some pointers! The hundreds of millions K-Street lobbyists spend every year to influence government policy and elections is apparently no match for Russian memes!

The best propaganda is free. Like those bots Elon wanted to get rid of. I don’t believe the investigation into the 2016 election claimed that Russia changed the outcome of the election or that trump knowingly colluded with them.

The right claims that all of Hollywood, all of the news media (including Fox), justice dept, most all courts (including the 60+ that refused to even listen to voter fraud cases re: last election)… are against them.

I mean.. at what point do you look in the mirror and say, “is it me?”
Well, hell… with how bad fox news is you’d think it was ran by meta liberals exposing the ideological ineptitude that is modern day conservatism….

I'm sure plenty of managers of engineering teams learn product manufacturing on the job.
I'll see if I can dig up the article (Business Insider?) which interviewed one of Musk's early SpaceX hires (fourth/fifth hire?) who stated Musk didn't know much at the time about building rockets.
Of course, as we know from Tarpenning & Eberhard, Musk only had cosmetic input on the Roadster

I'm sure plenty of managers of engineering teams learn product manufacturing on the job.
I'll see if I can dig up the article (Business Insider?) which interviewed one of Musk's early SpaceX hires (fourth/fifth hire?) who stated Musk didn't know much at the time about building rockets.
Of course, as we know from Tarpenning & Eberhard, Musk only had cosmetic input on the Roadster

At the end of the day…

Last edited:
Reactions: legendsk
Sandy Munro. LOL. Enjoyed his & his offsider's daft 'insights' on the 4680 battery pack teardown
So… you don’t think Elon is an engineer because he doesn’t have a degree?

And you don’t take Sandy’s word for it even though he does have a degree, hires engineers all the time and owns an engineering related company?

Something tells me nothing would convince you. I guess die on that hill if you want to.

Such a bait topic. I hate it. It. doesn't matter if he's a master engineer, master of production and company structure, or just rich and hired the right people. The products of his company speak for themselves. If he was "just" "only" "solely" "simply" just a rich guy... or just a dudebro, then all the richer, legacy companies or other dudebros could have done the same thing, but didn't/couldn't. You don't need to hold test tubes to be a scientist, you don't need a degree to be great at a job, and you don't physically holding the pencil to be a good engineer. If all he did was motivate other geniuses to their full potential to make great products, that still makes him a great... something. ...and that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SO16
What‘cosmetic’ input? It was already a Lotus
Obviously the man isn’t a qualified rocket engineer or car engineer or tunnel engineer…but neither was Da Vinchi…to suggest that he neither understands, cared nor contributes is disingenuous …and deliberately ignoring his numerous achievements

Reactions: SO16
Status
Not open for further replies.