Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk's birthday June 28th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June 28th is Elon Musk's birthday. Anyone up for doing something for him on that day? And what would that be? Your ideas, please (then maybe we can conduct a vote or something to decide).

One simple idea: We set up a donations account at Paypal, and then send him flowers with greetings from TMC for all the money (regardless of how ridiculous the amount of flowers sent end up being).

What is the point when the idol worship turns to a cyber stalking?

(And before sending anyone flowers, you need to know individuals' allergy history. e.g. flowers are gift only for people you know)

What is the point when the idol worship turns to a cyber stalking?

(And before sending anyone flowers, you need to know individuals' allergy history. e.g. flowers are gift only for people you know)

Why, aren't you a joyful one. :)

If you think getting a gift from a club of enthusiast about your product is "cyber stalking", then don't participate. If you have better ideas than the one I threw out, then please bring them forward. Otherwise, I am reminded of what my mother used to say to me: "If you don't have anything positive to say, then keep your silence."

Seriously, flowers? I hate the concept. "I thought of you and it made me want to accelerate the death of something beautiful. Enjoy."

If you want to get Elon Musk a present do one of two things:
- buy something constructive, like shares of Superchargers.
- help him in his quest for more fun and buy him something fun, or somethings fun.

Don Pedro - you deserve a more positive response. I'm sure Elon would appreciate a show of love, support, admiration, etc from his customers/fans. There are many groups of owners that get together semi-regularly. A push for photos of owners and/or groups of owners (arrange cars to spell Happy Birthday, for example) with well wishes may be more appropriate and quite do-able.

Don Pedro - you deserve a more positive response. I'm sure Elon would appreciate a show of love, support, admiration, etc from his customers/fans. There are many groups of owners that get together semi-regularly. A push for photos of owners and/or groups of owners (arrange cars to spell Happy Birthday, for example) with well wishes may be more appropriate and quite do-able.

I agree, as an individual I'd never dream of sending something (other than a tweet maybe), but as a club of customers/fans, I'm sure he'd appreciate that. And something digital, easy todo, like a push of photo's with birthday wishes sounds like a great idea. I sure have some I'd want to share.

The biggest problem is whatever we do it won't be a surprise if he spends any time on the forums :D

Between being CEO of SpaceX, CEO of Tesla, Chairman of Solarcity, a Public Figure and father of 5, I would assume he has better things to do with his time. :)

I really like the photo push idea. Anyone connected with TMC who could set up a "happy bday Elon" page with upload function?

Seriously, flowers? I hate the concept. "I thought of you and it made me want to accelerate the death of something beautiful. Enjoy."

If you want to get Elon Musk a present do one of two things:
- buy something constructive, like shares of Superchargers.
- help him in his quest for more fun and buy him something fun, or somethings fun.

Cut flowers are a waste. Get real plants at least.
Something fun would be better, but what?

If I were Elon, I think I'd get a lot of pride from something that incorporated hundreds of photos of Tesla families with their cars. Something I could hang in my office or put on display in the factory. Something along the lines of that wall they have that visitors sign with their well-wishes. That's the kind of stuff that gets people out of bed in the morning and back to fighting the good fight.

What kind of cool thing could we do with a bunch of photos of happy Tesla families?

I'm positive that he got great satisfaction from the how many kindergartners can you fit in a Model S.

We should make a video montage of Tesla owners. Something a long the lines of

Tesla Owner 1: I'm a model S because...
Tesla Owner 2: I care about the earths future
Tesla Owner 3: I love my children
Tesla Owner 4: I am performance driven
Tesla Owner 5: because I believe in revolution
Tesla Owner 6: etc

Then in the end you can do something like a bunch of thank you's and end with something like let's continue to change the world one Model S at a time...

Happy Birthday Elon Musk.

Cliche as it may be, I think it would speak volumes

What if everyone on this thread took a picture of them, with their Tesla, and photoshopped their TeslaMotorsClub ID onto it (like "signing" it)... then we could collect all the pictures into a poster size collage and email it to him. Easy to do, easy to get to him (i.e. no snail mail), and unique/meaningful. Thoughts?

People could attach their picture to this thread, and I'd be happy to combine them into one poster.

What if everyone on this thread took a picture of them, with their Tesla, and photoshopped their TeslaMotorsClub ID onto it (like "signing" it)... then we could collect all the pictures into a poster size collage and email it to him. Easy to do, easy to get to him (i.e. no snail mail), and unique/meaningful. Thoughts?

People could attach their picture to this thread, and I'd be happy to combine them into one poster.

I think we are on the right track here. I am game for a picture of me in front of my Volt (it would not exist without Tesla taking the lead after all)

They're decidedly cheaper on eBay, though this one is not in a great condition:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitch-Hiker...t=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item337ce654d9

I can't spot a fake book, but the seller has 100% sat over 1049 ratings.

But who knows, is there a 100 people on here willing to contribute $40 each? (And think it's a good gift?)