Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon on CBS This Morning regarding Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Just saw a promo for tomorrow's CBS This Morning show (Thurs 4/12) when Gayle King interviews Elon about Model 3 production.

Found this on the CBS website: Watch CBS This Morning: Tesla CEO talks stress of Model 3 production - Full show on CBS All Access

Full report airs during the show. Includes "first ever look" inside the production line. The show runs from 7am - 9am ET/PT and no idea when Elon's segment will run during that time.

It's interesting that some folks see Musk's sleeping on the factory floor as "...making everyone nervous to have the CEO on the front lines...". Personally, I agree with his assertion that it shows he is committed to his employees and leading by example.

It's interesting that some folks see Musk's sleeping on the factory floor as "...making everyone nervous to have the CEO on the front lines...". Personally, I agree with his assertion that it shows he is committed to his employees and leading by example.

That's the kind of thing that result in a union . No one should be working that many hours that they need to sleep there. If management is trying to set that kind of example they should get organized.

I would volunteer my time for free if given an invitation to sleep on the factory floor -- for a day or two ;).

As I recall, he did this for the X also. Fixed the problems and still no unions.

I think Musk is more of a hands on engineer than a Six Sigma black belt. The style has worked thus far, and besides how do you delegate this? "Hello Peter, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon? Oh, and by the way I'm also going to need you to come in on Sunday too and build and alien dreadnought factory for me."

He should not need to do it; partly he does it for publicity. Partly to set an example and to contrast other CEOs. Then again, on his income I would sleep anywhere. I have actually slept at work but that was only for a few hours whilst waiting for stuff to happen at 3am.

• Funny
Reactions: Ovulation
Yep, I was tuned in and they ran another promo saying airing tomorrow. I presume because they had to squeeze in an 'exclusive' interview with Paul Ryan. So they bumped the interview run. Since the same reporter is doing the Paul Ryan interview. Just a guess..

Yeah, like who's contribution to society is more important.
Paul Ryan will be a footnote in the history books, Elon Musk will be an entire chapter.

Raleigh NC has quite a few Model 3,s coming in and that is a good thing. I think Elon has a geat company and he took on a great company with great ideas. Electric cars will be the thing of te future and he has a great charging network Who else is producing an affordable eletric car?

Yes the segment on the production line is being aired on Friday. However they did run the segment discussing the production issues this morning. I don't see today's segment on CBS' site but you can watch the video on Youtube:

It's sad the media/analysts keep the focus on the past and not where things are now and will be immediately down the road. I'm sure reservation holders and investors would have rather heard about that than what we all know already. A shot of the parking lot filled with cars and trailers loading them, like we see here on the forum, would be nice. Wonder if that will be on tomorrow's segment.

Last edited:
Yeah Apple use to be their favorite stock to short until Telsa came along. I get the analysts motivation but don't see it there for the media's. Why write/broadcast the same old rehashed dribble and instead why not look for a new angle to report. You'd think 400,000+ interested people out there would want to hear something new.