Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon on the Daily Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No news. And pretty much all about him and SpaceX (although Tesla certainly mentioned).

Why is he on this press tour? Lots of appearances. Drum up business for the (unmentioned) Tesla S?

I'd say from watching the interview it was to promote the upcoming SpaceX launch: April 30th.

Hopefully the Daily Show has him on again for the first production release of the Model S in a couple months.

Both are incredibly news-worthy events.

60 Minutes wasn't "traditional" enough? :)
We probably won't get anything new for the Model S production, since it will be gradual delivery to rich people.
But a rocket launch - that DEFINITELY gets press attention.

I didn't see, nor was aware, of the 60 minutes interview. Certainly that is traditional enough, but was focused mostly on SpaceX.

I hope this kind of coverage starts to develop after S deliveries and be focused on Tesla more. I believe this is just as big a devlopment for society, if not more, due to being cheaper (still priced where many can't reach, I understand that) than the roadster, doesn't have that typical electric car outline, more family focused, helps with range anxiety, etc.