Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon on the publicity trail in London

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Mr Musk told the BBC: "We don't want to cut a path through the jungle and then lay a bunch of landmines behind us."

makes me think the charging network is "the path through the jungle". wondering if Tesla will offer up access, which of course would require vastly expanding the plan for the network we don't have huge waiting lines.

Fifty Shades of Lust? First UK Tesla Model S Owner is E L James

- - - Updated - - -

...the charging network is "the path through the jungle"

To me, the "path through the jungle" is their mass production of electric cars with the following revolutionary aspects -
spacious
fast
long-range
fast-charging
long battery life

No-one else has been able to do these yet and Tesla is tearing away with the market. That doesn't actually accelerate the transition to sustainable transport.

It could also be the charging socket... so that non-Tesla cars could pull up to superchargers if so desired.

I have been expecting and have wondered why wait on giving away the charging socket, charging software and some sort of paid access to the Superchargers. It could easily be free superchargers at first with a charge for a charge later.

Tesla Press release on UK launch, including:

"Superchargers enable long distance travel but also, in a city where off street parking is rare and expensive, Model S customers will be able to access a network of Superchargers across London to charge, quickly and for free, at their convenience," said Elon Musk. "We are looking at locations across the capital to place our first set of inner city Superchargers."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hand-drive-model-arrives-uk-190700476.html

"Mr Musk told the BBC: "We don't want to cut a path through the jungle and then lay a bunch of landmines behind us."

makes me think the charging network is "the path through the jungle". wondering if Tesla will offer up access, which of course would require vastly expanding the plan for the network we don't have huge waiting lines.

I believe Elon is referring to leading the industry "through the jungle" into the age of EV cars, not just charging stations.