Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, please see below for instructions on how to delete your Twitter account.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delete your twitter account instructions:
  1. Click on Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu under your profile icon.
  2. From the Account tab, click on Deactivate your account at the bottom of the page.
  3. Read the account deactivation information, then click Deactivate @Username.
  4. Enter your password when prompted and confirm that you want to proceed by clicking the Deactivate account button.
Link to Twitter deactivation instructions: Deactivate Twitter account

There's no reason at all for him to abandon his Twitter account or be restricted in any way from using it as he sees fit...
Agree. He can keep his twitter account. He just needs to resign or be fired from Tesla. A small price to pay so he can keep producing gems like "Pedo guy" and "Shorts Enrichment Commission".

He doesn't need to delete his account, he just needs a babysitter to monitor/approve all twitter posts to make sure the comply with some basic rules. Like being a grown-up.

As long as he has the Twitter account the uncertainty of what he'll tweet next will always be there. In the scheme of things(destroying market cap, increased potential for Tesla going bankrupt etc.) removing himself from social media is really not that drastic at all.

Agree. He can keep his twitter account. He just needs to resign or be fired from Tesla. A small price to pay so he can keep producing gems like "Pedo guy" and "Shorts Enrichment Commission".

You either don't understand Elon and/or Tesla or...??? It's absurd and ludicrous to even suggest that he should be fired, much less resign...

Jeff

As long as he has the Twitter account the uncertainty of what he'll tweet next will always be there. In the scheme of things(destroying market cap, increased potential for Tesla going bankrupt etc.) removing himself from social media is really not that drastic at all.

Did you even read my post? I said he needs a moderator/babysitter to approve his twitter posts... someone who understands SEC rules and regulations and can stop any tweet that could potentially affect shareholder value (either way). Just deleting his account accomplishes nothing, as he'd move to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or some other way to get his messages out.

Reactions: Xenius and P85_DA
Did you even read my post? I said he needs a moderator/babysitter to approve his twitter posts... someone who understands SEC rules and regulations and can stop any tweet that could potentially affect shareholder value (either way). Just deleting his account accomplishes nothing, as he'd move to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or some other way to get his messages out.
He won't stand for anyone babysitting his account nor can he stop Tweeting (it's an illness with no cure which inflicts the super powerful) and I understand the mechanics of deleting a social media account then opening another and I'm sure Elon actually knows how to delete his account etc.

We've seen a 36% plunge in TSLA since the 420 tweet with all the good news flowing out of Tesla now we could be in the 350s. Because of these tweets "The Market" is viewing TSLA differently than they did before the 420 tweet and definitely after the mocking SEC tweets. I've been super successful "FUD trading" but this is different(it's not the usual Tesla car catches on fire, stock dips then recovers type scenario) as these 240 max character messages are causing market participants to question Elon sanity, leadership etc. etc. and big money doesn't want to plow money into a stock which this kind of uncertainty.

My "read between the lines" point of this thread is: Elon, you've achieved amazing success solving ultra complicated problems on every level to bring Tesla to where it is today. The Twitter problem is a very simple to resolve and only requires 3 steps.

Also, hoping that our(Tesla community) pain and discontent with these tweets will filter up to Elon and maybe he'll at least give a little more thought before he tweets something that could negatively effect TSLA.

• Disagree
Reactions: shanedn and P85_DA
He won't stand for anyone babysitting his account nor can he stop Tweeting
But at the same time you're arguing that he should delete his account? What?

He won't stand for anyone babysitting his account nor can he stop Tweeting

He doesn't have a choice, that was part of the SEC settlement.

• Tesla will establish a new committee of independent directors and put in place additional controls and procedures to oversee Musk’s communications;

Reactions: P85_DA
He won't stand for anyone babysitting his account nor can he stop Tweeting (it's an illness with no cure which inflicts the super powerful) and I understand the mechanics of deleting a social media account then opening another and I'm sure Elon actually knows how to delete his account etc.

We've seen a 36% plunge in TSLA since the 420 tweet with all the good news flowing out of Tesla now we could be in the 350s. Because of these tweets "The Market" is viewing TSLA differently than they did before the 420 tweet and definitely after the mocking SEC tweets. I've been super successful "FUD trading" but this is different(it's not the usual Tesla car catches on fire, stock dips then recovers type scenario) as these 240 max character messages are causing market participants to question Elon sanity, leadership etc. etc. and big money doesn't want to plow money into a stock which this kind of uncertainty.

My "read between the lines" point of this thread is: Elon, you've achieved amazing success solving ultra complicated problems on every level to bring Tesla to where it is today. The Twitter problem is a very simple to resolve and only requires 3 steps.

Also, hoping that our(Tesla community) pain and discontent with these tweets will filter up to Elon and maybe he'll at least give a little more thought before he tweets something that could negatively effect TSLA.

This thread holds up pretty well though now down about 65% since 420 tweet. And still arguing with SEC about his Twitter usage...which he will inevitably violate. How one of the greatest geniuses in human history doesn't see(esp NOW) the peril of his crazy teenageresque Twitter usage and the hugely negative affect on his own personal wealth, dreams, world etc. and the apparent inability for anyone in his inner circle to point this out to him is MINDBENDING:confused:!

This thread holds up pretty well though now down about 65% since 420 tweet. And still arguing with SEC about his Twitter usage...which he will inevitably violate. How one of the greatest geniuses in human history doesn't see(esp NOW) the peril of his crazy teenageresque Twitter usage and the hugely negative affect on his own personal wealth, dreams, world etc. and the apparent inability for anyone in his inner circle to point this out to him is MINDBENDING:confused:!

Blowing off steam? I think we got the message. Please stop repeating yourself in this and other threads.