Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon please veto your lawyers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that how TACC works? I don't have TACC but I thought it just disengaged and the regen braking kicked in.

can't.tell.if.serious

I even spelled out my sarcasm! No, that's not how TACC works. It'd be nice if it did though. It beeps right when TACC disengages (while you're still in a WTF was that moment), and then it kicks on regen full blast, and the guy behind you thinks you're a **** because you slammed the brakes.

can't.tell.if.serious

I even spelled out my sarcasm! No, that's not how TACC works. It'd be nice if it did though. It beeps right when TACC disengages (while you're still in a WTF was that moment), and then it kicks on regen full blast, and the guy behind you thinks you're a **** because you slammed the brakes.
What I would like to see is TACC differentiating between a driver slamming on the brake versus a manual disengagement of TACC by pressing the stalk button such as leaving the freeway going to off ramp. I would like that slamming of the brake applies full available regen to assist in braking, and pressing the TACC button just coast the car to a lower speed by normal friction without regen, and the driver takes control from there.

What I would like to see is TACC differentiating between a driver slamming on the brake versus a manual disengagement of TACC by pressing the stalk button such as leaving the freeway going to off ramp. I would like that slamming of the brake applies full available regen to assist in braking, and pressing the TACC button just coast the car to a lower speed by normal friction without regen, and the driver takes control from there.

I believe the new cars do not have a TACC button.

Which nag are you talking about?

The only nag that has been discussed is if (AND ONLY IF) the system can't detect both sets of lane markings. It doesn't nag otherwise, unless I missed something. The soda can trick should not be necessary.

I've said this a few times. Here it is again. Every car that I test drove that had an AP nag because of a temporary lane line detection problem made me grab the steering wheel even though by the time I got the nag the system had already locked back on the lane lines.
The posts on here from people who have experienced or got second hand info from someone who did experience 7.0 indicate Tesla will operate the same way.
What should happen is if the system locks back on lane lines in short order, the nag should go away and not force you to grab the steering wheel for no reason.
You will know if the road you are traveling on is AP friendly or not. If it is then you only need to watch out for exit lanes, left hand turn lanes and merging lanes. If not, then you either won't use it or your hands will be right next to the steering wheel if not on the the steering wheel. You won't need any nags because you will be too busy correcting the AP to even see the nag.

I've said this a few times. Here it is again. Every car that I test drove that had an AP nag because of a temporary lane line detection problem made me grab the steering wheel even though by the time I got the nag the system had already locked back on the lane lines.
The posts on here from people who have experienced or got second hand info from someone who did experience 7.0 indicate Tesla will operate the same way.
What should happen is if the system locks back on lane lines in short order, the nag should go away and not force you to grab the steering wheel for no reason.
You will know if the road you are traveling on is AP friendly or not. If it is then you only need to watch out for exit lanes, left hand turn lanes and merging lanes. If not, then you either won't use it or your hands will be right next to the steering wheel if not on the the steering wheel. You won't need any nags because you will be too busy correcting the AP to even see the nag.

Got it, thanks Greg!

I wasn't sure if you were talking about that nag, or a general "keep your hands on the wheel" nag (at all times).

I understand that it is a nag if you have to take the wheel just to show that you are awake. If you have to take the wheel, because car is not sure where lanes are, it is not a nag. IMHO.
Agree, and when driver decision is needed, e.g. approaching on ramp and off ramp. I am actually quite please with the two videos' presentation. But we will hear more from Tesla this afternoon.

I undestand that it is a nag if you have to take the weel just to show that you are awake. If you have to take the wheel, because car is not sure where lanes are, it is not a nag. IMHO.

It's a nag if 99% of the time that the nag appears the system has already locked back on the lane lines before you even have a chance to grab the steering wheel. It is grabbing the steering wheel for the sake of grabbing the steering wheel. It accomplishes nothing other than irritating you.

It's a nag if 99% of the time that the nag appears the system has already locked back on the lane lines before you even have a chance to grab the steering wheel. It is grabbing the steering wheel for the sake of grabbing the steering wheel. It accomplishes nothing other than irritating you.
I hope you will be happy once you downloaded the v7, assuming your current car is AP equipped. Only personal hands on experience will tell if it meets your expectation. Expectation does vary for different person.

- - - Updated - - -

per
According to this article: Watch Teslas new autopilot handle highway driving - The Washington Post

"Tesla will be sharing details about its new software Wednesday afternoon."

NO NAG!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Clearly in reports of the beta the nag was there. This release version is fantastic!
It is far and away better than any production car with lane keeping. I just traveled 95 miles and only got the nag once and the nag went away as quickly as it came.
Now as soon as the back seats in the X fold down and I can order, I'm ordering.