TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Elon predicted average price would be about $42,000, remember?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by azred, Jul 28, 2017.

1. azred

azred Active Member

I'll admit to be very disappointed tonight. After paying $5000 for my S75 battery upgrade, I assumed a 3 battery upgrade would be about the same cost. I also thought EAP and FSD prices would be reduced for all Teslas as soon as 3 came into production, but Electrek says that's not happening.

I think Tesla will have a real problem on their hands within two years as competitors come to market and still have the $7500 tax credit. So much for Elon's prediction that the average selling price of model 3 would be about $42,000. It will be at least $10,000 above that at least until competition forces it down.