Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon responds to tweet about Tesla becoming the biggest company because of FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is also a >0% chance that I could win the lottery and buy an island.

I will admit though, that this clickbait thread title got me. Its (the thread title) TOTALLY clickbait, but also an accurate statement. "Elon responds to tweet about tesla becoming the biggest company because of FSD" doesnt actually say "Elon SAYS tesla will become the biggest company because of FSD", but most people are going to read that thread title and click the the thread link, thinking that is what they are going to see.

Instead, they are going to find a statement that says something is a non zero chance of X, which is basically nothing at all, because there is also (for example) a >0% chance that a person gets struck by lightning 4 times in a month.

I will admit though, that this clickbait thread title got me. Its (the thread title) TOTALLY clickbait, but also an accurate statement. "Elon responds to tweet about tesla becoming the biggest company because of FSD" doesnt actually say "Elon SAYS tesla will become the biggest company because of FSD", but most people are going to read that thread title and click the the thread link, thinking that is what they are going to see.

Instead, they are going to find a statement that says something is a non zero chance of X, which is basically nothing at all, because there is also (for example) a >0% chance that a person gets struck by lightning 4 times in a month.
Didn't John DeLorean say that once too?
Oh, maybe just to his friends.

Glad Elon is finally getting the hang of making an irrefutable prediction.

Re reading this, it came out much harsher than I intended. This was actually ment as a compliment, because its a really good thread title to get people to click on the thread, while also being 100% factual.

Reactions: DanCar
The most technically-correct FSD-related tweet Elon has ever posted, as far as I can tell.

Thats the thing, though (lol). Elons response doesnt have anything directly to do with FSD. To paraphrase, the original tweet from the person was "Im super bullish on FSD, Teslas gonna be Huuugggee" and Elons response (to paraphrase) "non zero chance of being biggest company", but he isnt addressing FSD at all.

Reactions: diplomat33
Thats the thing, though (lol). Elons response doesnt have anything directly to do with FSD. To paraphrase, the original tweet from the person was "Im super bullish on FSD, Teslas gonna be Huuugggee" and Elons response (to paraphrase) "non zero chance of being biggest company", but he isnt addressing FSD at all.

I think the implication is that it's only possible if they succeed with FSD. If not, they can only thrive for so long with subpar quality control and subpar amenities in the price bracket, since others will catch up with the battery tech eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
The reason people think it has to do with FSD is because Elon replied in another tweet after that saying "Probably within a few months". He then promptly deleted that tweet. And the only thing that would cause such a huge jump in stock price is if they've got FSD working at level 4 or 5 capability.

This has me really excited to see what FSD v9 is going to be like using only vision and neural nets for everything.

The reason people think it has to do with FSD is because Elon replied in another tweet after that saying "Probably within a few months". He then promptly deleted that tweet. And the only thing that would cause such a huge jump in stock price is if they've got FSD working at level 4 or 5 capability.

This has me really excited to see what FSD v9 is going to be like using only vision and neural nets for everything.

Forming any sort of excitement over FSD in the future is a bad idea. Trust me. It turns you into a cynical curmudgeon who hates everyone, like me.

Appreciate the additional context. I dont follow FSD stuff closely at all (even though I have FSD on my car). I bought EAP in 2018 when I got my model 3 performance, then added FSD for the 2k "firesale" price (my all in cost on FSD was 7k not counting taxes). I only added FSD onto my existing EAP (acronym word salad, lmao), because I felt like the 3.0 computer + installation was worth 2k for me, even if no other FSD features came out.

I look in this forum from time to time to see if there is some major development (and sometimes to move a post on this topic from the model 3 section to here).
I wasnt aware of the other context around this tweet, so appreciate the summary.

Reactions: bd7349
Forming any sort of excitement over FSD in the future is a bad idea. Trust me. It turns you into a cynical curmudgeon who hates everyone, like me.
If you hate everyone it's time to leave California. We're trying to clear out the extra human beings during Covid - and if there any additional folks on the way out... don't let the "Welcome to Nevada" signs slow you down on I-80.

The real question of the day is why Elon still has not realized that if he would lay off the Twittersphere, he can spend more time with the kids, catching Covid in Austin, sell more real estate in CA etc. He always complains about his 100-hour 7-day weeks. Seems to me he elongates them when he makes his stupid pronouncements.

If you hate everyone it's time to leave California. We're trying to clear out the extra human beings during Covid - and if there any additional folks on the way out... don't let the "Welcome to Nevada" signs slow you down on I-80.

The real question of the day is why Elon still has not realized that if he would lay off the Twittersphere, he can spend more time with the kids, catching Covid in Austin, sell more real estate in CA etc. He always complains about his 100-hour 7-day weeks. Seems to me he elongates them when he makes his stupid pronouncements.
Unlike many people here, I was actually born in California ;)

I don't actually *hate* most people, for the record. I just want those young damned whippersnappers off my lawn.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve