Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon responds to tweet about Tesla becoming the biggest company because of FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“...The exchange started with a tweet by an account that regularly features promotional posts about Tesla and “Full Self-Driving,”...”

Tesla doesn’t advertise. They just use Third Row spruikers instead, giving the false impression of independence

Appreciate the additional context. I dont follow FSD stuff closely at all (even though I have FSD on my car). I bought EAP in 2018 when I got my model 3 performance, then added FSD for the 2k "firesale" price (my all in cost on FSD was 7k not counting taxes). I only added FSD onto my existing EAP (acronym word salad, lmao), because I felt like the 3.0 computer + installation was worth 2k for me, even if no other FSD features came out.

I look in this forum from time to time to see if there is some major development (and sometimes to move a post on this topic from the model 3 section to here).
I wasnt aware of the other context around this tweet, so appreciate the summary.
You did pretty well then. My FSD cost nearly 12k including taxes.
AP 2k
EAP 4k
FSD 5k
Im pretty happy with the ability to drive in traffic and get off at the right exit...to get more is just gravy in my eyes.

You did pretty well then. My FSD cost nearly 12k including taxes.
AP 2k
EAP 4k
FSD 5k
Im pretty happy with the ability to drive in traffic and get off at the right exit...to get more is just gravy in my eyes.

Im a bit confused by that, because how did you have to buy both AP and EAP? When EAP was sold, there was no such thing as purchasing "autopilot" by itself.

People who purchased before april of 2019 had a choice of: nothing, Enhanced autopilot for 5k, or adding full self driving onto enhanced autopilot for an additional 3k. Even when tesla "included" autopilot in the price of the vehicle and raised the cost of the vehicle 2k, I still dont see how you could have done that, because even if you rightly count the 2k for autopilot as a "forced mandatory purchase in the price of the vehicle", "enhanced autopilot" was not purchasable at that time.

So, it was either EAP + FSD for 8k pre april of 2019, or a forced 2k purchase of autopilot in the price of the vehicle, then adding FSD on top of it for 8k (so same price as before). Maybe you could explain the set of circumstances that coincide with the pricing above?

Im a bit confused by that, because how did you have to buy both AP and EAP? When EAP was sold, there was no such thing as purchasing "autopilot" by itself.

People who purchased before april of 2019 had a choice of: nothing, Enhanced autopilot for 5k, or adding full self driving onto enhanced autopilot for an additional 3k. Even when tesla "included" autopilot in the price of the vehicle and raised the cost of the vehicle 2k, I still dont see how you could have done that, because even if you rightly count the 2k for autopilot as a "forced mandatory purchase in the price of the vehicle", "enhanced autopilot" was not purchasable at that time.

So, it was either EAP + FSD for 8k pre april of 2019, or a forced 2k purchase of autopilot in the price of the vehicle, then adding FSD on top of it for 8k (so same price as before). Maybe you could explain the set of circumstances that coincide with the pricing above?
Do you think I made it up??
When I bought my car it did not have AP. Do you want to see the invoices?

so how did you buy both AP and EAP, then have a charge for FSD? I think you are mis remembering it, unintentionally.
Why is this an issue? I remember it very clearly. Paid 2k for AP, 4k for EAP and 5k for FSD...it would be a small PITA but I will show you the invoices.

Attachments

• inv.jpg
    inv.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 65