Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The model S 75D is 74k the P100D is 135k there is about a 80% delta between both of them.

The model 3 starts at 35k with that same delta it would out the model 3 performance vesion in the mid 60k.

The 2018 Model 3 Tesla in black, base everything, no optional add-ons, is $50,000 USD in California before taxes and incentives.
The 2018 Model S 75D in black, base everything, no options is $75,700 USD in California before taxes and incentives.
The 2018 Model P100D in black, base everything, no optional add-ons, is $137,200 USD in California before taxes and incentives.

When a $35,000 Model 3 is actually made in quantity for normal buyers (not swag gifts for investors or staff), we will see what you actually receive for your money.

Because EV components are in flux when it comes to pricing. When the $35k variant is released, what will the other cars spec at?

The 2018 Model 3 Tesla in black, base everything, no optional add-ons, is $50,000 USD in California before taxes and incentives.
The 2018 Model S 75D in black, base everything, no options is $75,700 USD in California before taxes and incentives.
The 2018 Model P100D in black, base everything, no optional add-ons, is $137,200 USD in California before taxes and incentives.

When a $35,000 Model 3 is actually made in quantity for normal buyers (not swag gifts for investors or staff), we will see what you actually receive for your money.

Because EV components are in flux when it comes to pricing. When the $35k variant is released, what will the other cars spec at?
Really? We are going to keep comparing apples and oranges?

Oh well.

At what price point do you guys (and I have to ask myslef the same question) just go for a Model S...maybe even a pre-owned one? I had a 2018 Model S 100D loaner (1500 miles on it) for a week while my 2013 P85+ was in the shop and I have to admit, it was the first loaner I've had that I wished I could have just kept. It was quieter, noticeably more powerful, smoother and just nicer all the way around than my P85+ - (part of that beiing that it is new of course). Heck, I began trolling Autotrader for used ones...note: very few 100Ds...a number of 90Ds....

At what price point do you guys (and I have to ask myslef the same question) just go for a Model S...maybe even a pre-owned one? I had a 2018 Model S 100D loaner (1500 miles on it) for a week while my 2013 P85+ was in the shop and I have to admit, it was the first loaner I've had that I wished I could have just kept. It was quieter, noticeably more powerful, smoother and just nicer all the way around than my P85+ - (part of that beiing that it is new of course). Heck, I began trolling Autotrader for used ones...note: very few 100Ds...a number of 90Ds....

I've driven a Model S.

Its just too big for me.

So to answer your question: At want price point will I just go for a Model S. <$10K.

Reactions: Pkmmte
So when will these details be released?!? I'm in agony here!

It wouldn't surprise me if the weekend comes/goes without this going live.

Elon seems to be a huge proponent of blabbing about this stuff without the people responsible for delivering being in the loop.

Probably some VP or director at Tesla who follows Electrik read about what Elon said late last week on Twitter and has been scrambling ever since to get things ready.

It wouldn't surprise me if the weekend comes/goes without this going live.

Elon seems to be a huge proponent of blabbing about this stuff without the people responsible for delivering being in the loop.

I have to agree 1000000% - if there is such a thing.

The problem is that there is really no penalty for doing it over and over again.

He's got a billion dollar paycheck coming no matter what.

I'm not hatin on him because if it wasn't for him......we wouldn't have the opportunities that we have...however....its an unpunishable pain.

the only thing about the model s that interests me is the Ludicrous speed upgrade... and hopefully the Performance 3 won't disappoint. otherwise i prefer the size, driving dynamics and interior minimalism of the 3.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
At what price point do you guys (and I have to ask myslef the same question) just go for a Model S...maybe even a pre-owned one?

Been having that conversation with the wife, want a performance model but in the 60s I start thinking, 70s gets hard, and 80s I check out. Just can't justify the price for what else is out there.

Used M3 or M5 are also in the cards.

Really? We are going to keep comparing apples and oranges?

Oh well.

Why is the Model S "P" variant $61,500 more than the Model S base model? Both are AWD and use the same chassis. One motor change and 25kWh of battery isn't $30,000.

Why is it unholy to consider than the Model 3 "P" variant will be $43,000 more if it includes AWD, brakes, a second motor, bigger wheels and tires, etc?

The winner of the Upgrade By Selling Your Kidney that comes to mind is:

2018 Porsche 911 base - $91,100
2018 Porsche 911 performance variant base (GT2) - $293,000 (nicely optioned, $340,000)

Many (most?) cars double their price for their hot rod edition. Yes, it is a high-margin option package, not a Blue Light Special.

It is probably possible to sell a Model P3 for $70k RWD. But why not make more money if people will pay it?

Been having that conversation with the wife, want a performance model but in the 60s I start thinking, 70s gets hard, and 80s I check out. Just can't justify the price for what else is out there.

Used M3 or M5 are also in the cards.

I highly doubt the performance model will be in the 60's. A black LR3 is $49k. AWD ~$5k. So starting at $54k. A 100D to P100D is about ~$32k more. That's not including autopilot which I don't see how you buy a Tesla without.

I am in the boat that I think I will be "forced" to keep in an S.

I wanted the lower price point and I was really looking forward to a smaller car.

Want the D

Want a Lease.

I am simply too needy for this car :)

My 70D turns 3 next week. I extended the lease for 6 months in hopes leasing would happen by November which Tesla then announced it would not in 2018.

On guesstimated pricing alone purchasing a 3 is going to be very close in cost to leasing an S.

Debated on purchasing my 70D. It would cost more monthly right now, so, will wait till November when the lease is up and see where things are. Purchase my 70D to wait for a lease option on the 3 or simply lease a new S.

After a wacky few years with a hodgepodge of unfortunate things, I am happy to have this as one of my "concerns"