Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's my dilemma...configured on 5/6, but no VIN yet. But I really want DM...so I'm torn on how long it would take to change my configuration and for me to get my car. Depending on how many people deferred for DM in front of me, I might not get my car to August.

Decision, decisions! :eek:
Either way.....you have a great last name. lol

I would call Monday to see if you could change your order.

• Love
Reactions: juanmedina
I'm not yet invited to configure, however ...

54d98a030bf5d0fc18a3dac54d44b618--the-princess-bride-movie-tv.jpg

No mention of white interior. I'm worried. But, it's not like white interior changes the 'driving feel' so here's hoping.... :confused:
True, it doesn't change the driving feel, but white interior is the reason some of us have been sitting on our configuration invites for so long. I received my invite to configure on 12/14/2017 and, after being in three and driving one Model 3, I still see white interior as the priority. Granted, dual motor is a nice add, so it showing up at the same time as the white interior would be very convenient. We'll just have to wait and see what happens later tonight.

Let me predict: 5k/week was more burst BS. The factory produces now zero cars or only AWD. They have no more Canadians remaining to purchase the non-AWD explaining why AWD comes sooner now. There will be no more cars for US until after Q2.

But Elon is happy that you will pay him today for a car in August :D
I was under the impression that you don't pay for the car until delivery?
I hope they produce only AWD but I suspect there will be a ramp just to make sure there are no problems.

No mention of white interior. I'm worried. But, it's not like white interior changes the 'driving feel' so here's hoping.... :confused:
Definitely changes driving feel. Seats don't get nearly as hot in the sun :p