Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this throws a wrench into my plan for a P100D model S this October.

I cant wait to see the specs for the AWD performance version. They might need to restrict the P version so it does not make the model S look bad....

I don't want Tesla to hold back. Make the AWD Performance Model 3 as fast (quick) as it can be. The point is to embarrass the ICE cars to the point of being forced to make compelling EVs.

This is such awesome news, although I wish air suspension was coming with it...

Reactions: cizUK and xhawk101
I would hate to be one of the current group that has a car configured and being delivered in the next few weeks that jumped and ordered the RWD LR because they couldn't get an idea of when the AWD or P was going to be announced...

The AWD timeline has been known for quite awhile. My configurator has shown 'mid 2018' for months... So, in fact, being able to configure AWD as early as next week beats my expectations. Not sure what more you want.

Talk about not complicating the production line... this will get interesting...
From the engineering review of the RWD car, all of the mounts and front suspension components are already configured to have the front motor. This is a bit of and oversimplification but all they will have to do is add the front motor assembly and associated harness and hoses and off you go.

acb.jpg