Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
but, $1K is paint, $5K is AWD, and $3K is wheels and spoiler, etc.

so, something like $20K, not $29K extra for the Performance Model 3 vs. the AWD LR Model 3.

Again....I believe there are things Elon isn't mentioning concerning getting from 4.5 to 3.5 plus seats....maybe different brakes....inverter changes....etc.

favo

P3D+ owner
Apr 5, 2012
Durham, NC
Obligatory
upload_2018-5-20_3-5-56.png

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911

TheSuit

Aug 28, 2016
NY
Again....I believe there are things Elon isn't mentioning concerning getting from 4.5 to 3.5 plus seats....maybe different brakes....inverter changes....etc.

The prices will still be silly. The 35k price was BS - this is a giant bait and switch. Everything else that you'd want is just priced insanely high. Who charges 5k for AWD on a 35k car? That's more than what it was for the S since the S included air suspension as well

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Tesla cannot make their gross margin goals selling only base 35K Model 3s. Only way to raise ASP across the whole line is to charge a premium for the performance model significantly above cogs.

Look at any other performance car and find out how much it cost you to cut one second off 0-60 times. It’s a lot.

Ketchups

Dec 16, 2017
San Diego, CA
I highly doubt Tesla will design the model 3 performance to compete against the P100D, Roadster2.0, and Rimac. But you guys can dream all you want.

I expect the Model 3 Performance 0-60mph to be in the 3 - 3.7 seconds range.

It's official, 0-60 on Model 3 AWD Performance will be 3.5sec.

SteveG3

Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2012
US

Point was that the $29K differential someone had suggested between the LR AWD, and the Performance 3 was well off the mark.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC