Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why, years ago, Elon suggested that perhaps the best Tesla ownership experience is to order a new Tesla when you need one. Always waiting for the next release update will prevent you from owning a Tesla forever, as they have a policy of continous improvement and updates.

Suggest owners just enjoy and drive the car they have. Then when enough new stuff has been made available, trade in your old Telsa on a new one.

Tesla features like color, interiors, performance, and delivery availability are all very emotional items. People, of course, will always want what they want, but they can only order what is available at the time of configuration.

Since you can't see the Design Studio unless you're already logged on, I imagine they'd be able to batch it based on your location, owner status, etc, as flagged in their database.

Again, we'll see
Why make it more complicated? Anybody who currently has an invite is still queued in order of when they received their invite. Anybody with an invite can place the order for whatever option, but delivery will all depend on your place. This way they can gather $2500 from everybody who places an order. :D

Just my theory anyway. Will it happen that way? Possibly not, but surely they would have to or it would be one flaming fiasco. I have my invite. Let me order what I want with the understanding delivery will be based upon when I received my invite. Seems fair to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
From the engineering review of the RWD car, all of the mounts and front suspension components are already configured to have the front motor. This is a bit of and oversimplification but all they will have to do is add the front motor assembly and associated harness and hoses and off you go.
Yeah, we know. You can say the same thing about white seats. And cream seats. :D Even easier to add, since they gotta put in seats, anyway?

But I was also saying, then this includes the larger rear motor, perhaps? For the P-whatever?

Yeah, we know. You can say the same thing about white seats. And cream seats. :D Even easier to add, since they gotta put in seats, anyway?

But I was also saying, then this includes the larger rear motor, perhaps? For the P-whatever?
Who knows at this point. It could be like the Model S with a smaller rear motor for the non P and then possibly use the RWD motor for the P version.