Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he meant early customer reservations. They can still prioritize TSLA/SpaceX employees in front of us at the current production rate.

BTW I live in Fremont (can see factory ~5 miles away from my master bedroom window) and drive by the shipping parking lot very often. Today the lot was almost full and I counted about 8 carriers loading so the factory seems to be really humming right now. :)

Website seems to have stabilized. But no dual motor or performance option available for me (“mid-2018” delivery estimate). Maybe it really is just Tesla/SpaceX employees as “early reservations”.

image.jpg

I really think everybody who's gotten an invite already will get the config page when it's up and that they'll handle the delivery order from there based on the invite dates. I don't think they want to start over on the invites and potentially upset people who've already been waiting over two years. It's more work for them and more annoying for us.

2:23 am: we are still in a holding pattern circling the airport waiting for AWD/P config to appear so we can land.

PS. My wife woke-up about 15 mins. ago... I told her she was going to have to drive to Ukiah to bathe her Buddha, and I would sleep in the car to drive us home Sun. PM. She demanded to know what I was doing, so I lied and told her I'm working on a provisional patent application. Angered, she told me to leave and lock our MBR door behind me...

I am NOT going to sleep! :cool:

I think you should go to sleep so I can be ahead of you in line. :)