Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still the old screen for me after being tempted by the Performance devil to eat the proverbial apple!... Refreshing multiple browsers again on 2 monitors...

This is fun can't wait to do this for Model Y P. (Yes, my life is BORING) Feels like we have a community of fanatics here.

3:12 am before we go to commercial: Still holding at the old config w/ Batt now b4 Color & Wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Hopefully the expected times can stay. 12-16 weeks is ok for me !!

The Model 3 shipment staging parking lot @ factory was almost full Sat. with 8 car carriers loading. I saw 10 carriers loading on Friday when I drove past it.

I think the shorts will be in a world of hurt soon. Elon's team is always late, but he (so far) always makes them deliver!!!

PS. Wife called me from MBR to ask when coming to bed honey. That was when I saw the new order screen I posted so told her give me 15 mins. Now, hoping she drifts back to sleep for next few hours. Told her I'll shower then drive us to 101-N where she can take over to Ukiah...

Good idea, Adeon, we should all take screenshots of what we think we ordered since their systems are obviously foobar atm and may still be so behind the scenes when we order.

Guys/Girls

Who ever got far to configuring; and was at the checkout for payment.

Please be sure your options are reflected!

I noticed that when I refreshed that page again I was getting no AWD

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
The Model 3 shipment staging parking lot @ factory was almost full Sat. with 8 car carriers loading. I saw 10 carriers loading on Friday when I drove past it.

I think the shorts will be in a world of hurt soon. Elon's team is always late, but he (so far) always makes them deliver!!!

PS. Wife called me from MBR to ask when coming to bed honey. That was when I saw the new order screen I posted so told her give me 15 mins. Now, hoping she drifts back to sleep for next few hours. Told her I'll shower then drive us to 101-N where she can take over to Ukiah...

I surely hope the shorts can eat their own, as Bart would say.

I loaded up too quick over 300 can’t wait to be back ther again :)

Reactions: kbM3
My reaction? Meh. For $5000 for the AWD version, we should have 0-60s in the low 4's. And the Performance version? If I'm paying for 2 model 3's but only getting one, it better be pulling 2.something 0-60s!
Pretty cool that you can keep peace with this car at half the price
Screenshot_20180520-070916_Chrome.jpg

That’s an old spy trick. What is it called?
Canary Trap

The redundancy thing will depend on whether the front motor has it's own inverter or not. The problem on the S/X is that the inverter for both is in the rear drive unit ...

No it isn't. Front drive unit gets two power lines from HVJB, not 3 stator lines from rear DU. The rear may be the master controller for torque splitting though. If either DU power stage faults, the current cars will not enable HV.