Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Jaguar done that? Honest question, I have not followed.
It is like more of a crossover, no?

They let hundreds of press drivers road race them around a track in Portugal at WOT. No brake or cooling problems.

It's new kind of layout. A cab-forward AWD crossover with 396hp. But it's also very, very good off-road and in snow. It climbs like a goat, and crosses 500mm of water.

Mine will be built in 28 days.

Reactions: e-FTW
Yeah, the rotors are bigger.

Wish I would have seen that pic 3 months ago.

I think I will commit to the Jaguar unless Tesla can prove it's a real performance car, not just a 0-60 mph car.

The software, service and charging infrastructure make up the guts of the Tesla ownership as much as any performance.

That’s a big assumption and leap of faith Jaguar matches Tesla support and their is sufficient consistency across there service centers.

Reactions: e-FTW
The software, service and charging infrastructure make up the guts of the Tesla ownership as much as any performance.

That’s a big assumption and leap of faith Jaguar matches Tesla support and their is sufficient consistency across there service centers.

If Elon Musk is correct, it will be easier to buy a Model P3D a year from now than it will be to buy a Jaguar i-Pace.

If I don't like the i-Pace, and demand is good, I won't lose any money, but even if I lose $20k, I've been waiting way over 2 years for a P3D. $20k doesn't cover 2 years depreciation.

There is still no real information on the P3D. And Tesla is not big into 3rd party reviews.

Besides 6/15/2018 was Commit date. :D

Last edited:
If Elon Musk is correct, it will be easier to buy a Model P3D a year from now than it will be to buy a Jaguar i-Pace.

If I don't like the i-Pace, and demand is good, I won't lose any money, but even if I lose $20k, I've been waiting way over 2 years for a P3D. $20k doesn't cover 2 years depreciation.

There is still no real information on the P3D. And Tesla is not big into 3rd party reviews.

Besides 6/15/2018 was Commit date. :D

Commit date as in you are now out substantial money?

Max loss I think is 2500 backing out of delivery on Model 3? I’ve not made it that far.

Commit date as in you are now out substantial money?

Max loss I think is 2500 backing out of delivery on Model 3? I’ve not made it that far.

No, I can legally get my money back, all of it. I cannot alter my configuration choices. But I shook hands. My word is good. It was more than $3500 which I think is what you lose if you order a Tesla and refuse delivery.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Wonder if there is gonna be some bling that will differentiate the AWD/Performance model from the LR commoner vehicles. There's gotta be something that will show show off that I got the more fancy AWD/Perf model..
Perhaps a thick cloud of smug? :D

Suhweet:
Tesla Model 3 is finally getting a badge: Dual Motor and underlined for Performance version

Model-3-dual-motor.jpg

They let hundreds of press drivers road race them around a track in Portugal at WOT.

If this was the event that Forbes magazine attended then travel costs for some journalists were covered by Jaguar. Perhaps that is typical for a new car roll-out like this but I don't think Tesla would do the same.
I'm looking forward to owner reviews of the Jag, including yours. I'd love to have a solid EV SUV that can be taken off-road.

Yeah, it's so ugly. I finally sprung for the P last night with the debundling of 20" wheels and price drops. Taking that terrible badging off will be one of the first things I do when I get my car!
Yeah, not a big fan of it either. I would much rather have the T E S L A lettering on the back like Franz's 3 and the Roadsters. Maybe @ryanjm can work some of his magic. I bet Elon's in a good mood today. If I could get that, some Arachnids and a heated steering wheel, I'd be pretty darn happy myself. ;) (I'm pretty much there, either way. :D)

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
Yeah, not a big fan of it either. I would much rather have the T E S L A lettering on the back like Franz's 3 and the Roadsters. Maybe @ryanjm can work some of his magic. I bet Elon's in a good mood today. If I could get that, some Arachnids and a heated steering wheel, I'd be pretty darn happy myself. ;) (I'm pretty much there, either way. :D)
Aftermarket companies already have lettering like that available. I believe it is Abstract Ocean. Of course, coming from the factory that way would be preferable, but otherwise it's not that difficult or costly of an install for DIY.